Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AD and Boogie Named All-Star Starters

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Adding (upping) Boogie and LeBorns would cost north of 60 mil lol
    If anyone knows how to manipulate payroll until the owner is paying through the nose, it's LeBron.

I am joking though, by the way.
    Basketball.

How do you guys vote usually? By voting for who you think has played the best through this point in the season so far and therefore deserve to be all stars... or by voting the players you like the best? I always only vote Pelicans players in the west lol. Voters like me are the reason Manu is rated so high, and i'm fine with that haha.

Voting in E'Twaun just felt right to me

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    How do you guys vote usually? By voting for who you think has played the best through this point in the season so far and therefore deserve to be all stars... or by voting the players you like the best? I always only vote Pelicans players in the west lol. Voters like me are the reason Manu is rated so high, and i'm fine with that haha.

Voting in E'Twaun just felt right to me
    I.vote for people who I think deserve it. I voted AD, Cousins, Jrue, Paul George, and Lillard in the west and LeBron, Giannis, Drummond, Wall, and DeRozan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    LeBron picked AD and Boogie, just after tweeting about Boogies crazy 44/24/10 game.

Lebrons to NOLA?

Hey, ESPN writes articles based on less.
    Shannon Sharp talked about Lebron to Nola today and no one way against it. I was shocked. Is this real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Shannon Sharp talked about Lebron to Nola today and no one way against it. I was shocked. Is this real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean, honestly, from a purely basketball standpoint it makes sense. We already have a dominant PF, and C. Jrue is an elite two way player, and is definitely a top ten SG in the league (I would only definitively place him behind Klay, DeRozan, Oladipo, Harden, and I guess if you count Butler as a SG).

What are we missing? A top level wing, who can run an offense, defend multiple positions, and create his own offense when needed, while also being able to do spot minutes as a PF. That's exactly what LeBron is, especially as he ages and improves his outside shooting.

I'm not saying he's going to come to NOLA, mainly because he's already said he's never taking less than the max again in his career and we just couldn't realistically offer that, but on paper it's actually a good move.

What would be the maximum the Pelicans could pay him under the CBA and what would be the maximum another team could pay?

If I were as rich and old as Benson I would pay. My God, we would be the center of the basketball universe.

If LeBron says he wants to sign here for the Pels, Dell (or whoever the GM is) would wisely find any way he could to shed salary to create the big room to sign LeBron.

Find a team willing to take on Asik and Ajinca's contracts for a 1st plus 2nd and/or Diallo/Frank J., find another team to take on Hill's next two contract years for a future (lightly) protected 1st, if needed, find a team wanting to take Moore into capspace, attach future 2nd or Diallo/Frank J. if needed.

If LeBron wants to come here to join Davis/Boogie/Jrue, you find a way to shed the needed salary, then fill out the rest of the roster with minimum contract players. If they build it, many will come, to sign up for a legit championship run for years.

AD- $25mil
    Boogie- $30mil
    Jrue- 25mil

=80 mil.

projected salary cap for 2018-19 season is ~$101mil.
    projected lux tax for 2018-19 is ~$120-125 mil

Not sure just how big LeBron's new max could be, and for how long. But it's definitely doable if Benson agrees to pay the lux tax.

Yes. If Lebron wanted to come here...

The team would clear absolutely everything they needed to, to get able to pay him what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes. If Lebron wanted to come here...

The team would clear absolutely everything they needed to, to get able to pay him what he wants.
    A man can dream...

Thread Information