Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AD and Boogie Named All-Star Starters

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

LOL at the teen wolf versions of AD and Boogie!

Yes, was just going to post that. Here's a breakdown of the voting:

https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/st...33372527312896

Lucky the fans alone don't have a say, although all three branches had their points of shame -- media Aldridge over Boogie? Just continues their "anybody but Boogie" narrative; players Booker over Butler??? Fans, Manu?????? Draymond over BOTH Davis and Cousins? Sigh. People be stoopid.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 01-18-2018 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Yes, was just going to post that. Here's a breakdown of the voting:

https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/st...33372527312896

Lucky the fans alone don't have a say, although all three branches had their points of shame -- media Aldridge over Boogie? Just continues their "anybody but Boogie" narrative; fans Booker over Butler??? Fans, Manu?????? Draymond over BOTH Davis and Cousins? Sigh. People be stoopid.
    On the fan side it is definitely a popularity contest. At the same time, guys like Manu, Lonzo, and Kuzma shouldn't even be on that list this year. I'm just glad that for the most part everything comes out in the wash fairly well. Because none of those top 10 from even the media or players are without glaring flaws that make you question the baseline NBA IQ of the people in the game and reporting on it.

Wow! Two All star starters and we can barely form a legit win streak. Way to go Gentry and Demps (for making Asik the fourth highest paid player and Ajinca and Solomon Hill contracts).

I'm glad, they both deserve it.
    Basketball.

Everyone outside of bandwagon fans hate Draymond. That makes me just as happy as AD and Cousins being voted starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Everyone outside of bandwagon fans hate Draymond. That makes me just as happy as AD and Cousins being voted starters.
    Draymond is one of the most overrated players in the league.

I smiled when I saw draymonds rank from the players

Quote Originally Posted by glepurple View Post
    I smiled when I saw draymonds rank from the players
    The what now

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    The what now
    Players only voted Draymond into 7th place. Fans voted him over Boogie.

The what now
    Draymond was ranked 7th amongst frontcourt players via player voting for the all star game...but 3rd by the fans. I feel 3rd is too high for him...though it’s what the fans wanted I guess

In case you don't want to follow my link, here were the voting breakdowns of the 3 groups (fans, players, media):

No single group was without blame for some stupidity, and yet average them all together and they arguably got it right. Maybe the system will work like that.

Anyone else think it is kinda Funny that Boogie is starting at PF and Davis is starting at C? I guess I missed when Boogie and AD swapped positions officially.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Anyone else think it is kinda Funny that Boogie is starting at PF and Davis is starting at C? I guess I missed when Boogie and AD swapped positions officially.
    Where does it say that? I must have missed it. They usually just go off front court and back court without positions named.

Where does it say that? I must have missed it. They usually just go off front court and back court without positions named.
    They showed it on ESPN/FOX like that. I also have noticed while watching games on FSNO that when they pull up Boogie stats during a game it will have PF by his name.

I'm kind of new to the NBA (followed here and there, just started paying more attention recently), but how are we the only team with 2 all star starters, yet we are struggling to make 8th place in our division?? That would scream below average coach right?

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    I'm kind of new to the NBA (followed here and there, just started paying more attention recently), but how are we the only team with 2 all star starters, yet we are struggling to make 8th place in our division?? That would scream below average coach right?
    We are the 6th seed right now...Also, we have two players avg 25-10 basically. It is not those two players fault...We have a short bench and hard to keep leads if one of those two on not on the floor at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Wow! Two All star starters and we can barely form a legit win streak. Way to go Gentry and Demps (for making Asik the fourth highest paid player and Ajinca and Solomon Hill contracts).
    #Pelslife
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    #Pelslife
    You better believe it!! LOL

From ESPN's power rankings this afternoon:

Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins will be the fourth power forward/center teammates to start an All-Star Game together since the NBA/ABA merger (1976-77) and the first pair since Moses Malone and Rudy Tomjanovich with the Rockets in 1979. -- Doug Clawson

LeBron picked AD and Boogie, just after tweeting about Boogies crazy 44/24/10 game.

Lebrons to NOLA?

Hey, ESPN writes articles based on less.

RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    LeBron picked AD and Boogie, just after tweeting about Boogies crazy 44/24/10 game.

Lebrons to NOLA?

Hey, ESPN writes articles based on less.
    Adding (upping) Boogie and LeBorns would cost north of 60 mil lol

Thread Information