Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stephen A.’s trade comments

Lulz, that guy forgot that the Vikings had a Bounty program as well.
    https://deadspin.com/brett-favres-vi...too-1788188711

On September 8, 2008, a year before Brett Favre would join the organization, the Minnesota Vikings traveled to Lambeau Field to face the Green Bay Packers. Aside from being Aaron Rodgers’s debut as a starter, the game was noteworthy for its physicality and aggressiveness. In the first half alone, the teams combined for 12 penalties for 86 yards. It was a sloppy, messy, nasty affair, and in the days and weeks following the Packers’ 24–19 win, Minnesota’s coaches stewed. After watching the tape, they were convinced that Nick Barnett, Green Bay’s outstanding linebacker, had gone out of his way to injure Adrian Peterson, the Vikings halfback.

00:00
    00:00
    The rival franchises played again nine weeks later, and three days before kickoff a Minnesota coach stood up in a team meeting, mentioned Barnett by name, and said, “I will give $500 to anyone who takes this mother********er out of the game.”

This was hardly a shocking move in the Vikings’ locker room, where piles of money were regularly collected—then distributed as rewards—for injuring opposing stars. “It was part of the culture,” said Artis Hicks, a Minnesota offensive lineman. “I had coaches start a pot and all the veterans put in an extra $100, $200, and if you hurt someone special, you get the money. There was a bottom line, and I think we all bought in: you’re there to win, and if taking out the other team’s best player helps you win, hey, it’s nothing personal. Just business.”
    Kids these days, with their selective memories, and their Tide pods, and their dish washing machine music.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

What if Demps doesn’t make any trades? I would die.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    What if Demps doesn’t make any trades? I would die.
    If he doesn't make any trades I would be fine. Unless he could get us Kemba, don't make any trades that would put future assets in someone else's hands. If we miss out on the playoffs Demps is most likely gone, so we don't want the new gm coming in with one arm already tied behind his back.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Lulz, that guy forgot that the Vikings had a Bounty program as well.
    https://deadspin.com/brett-favres-vi...too-1788188711

Kids these days, with their selective memories, and their Tide pods, and their dish washing machine music.
    Yep that changes everything. Sean Payton is awesome! I'm a foolish hater...

It doesn't matter who did it. Its still wrong. Other teams deflated balls, other teams video taped or audio taped stuff they shouldn't have. Does it make what the Patriots did right? But you still hate on them dudes because of the fact that they have a habit of doing this stuff. They have a habit of making themselves into the bad guy. Its a pattern

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Yep that changes everything. Sean Payton is awesome! I'm a foolish hater...

It doesn't matter who did it. Its still wrong. Other teams deflated balls, other teams video taped or audio taped stuff they shouldn't have. Does it make what the Patriots did right? But you still hate on them dudes because of the fact that they have a habit of doing this stuff. They have a habit of making themselves into the bad guy. Its a pattern
    I didn't say that you were foolish, but if the shoe fits, lace that ********** up and wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    Sorry...oh wait....2009. We cool?
    How does one become a Vikings and Pelicans fan in Maryland? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    100% incorrect. That is just a weak excuse. "Boutygate" was all about the NFL needing a scapegoat when all the concussion lawsuits were happening. It was actually proven that the Saints had much less injuries in their games that the NFL average. There was no proof of intent to injure and the "pools" that the Saints had in the locker room were rampant in the NFL as verified by many NFL players for many teams (including the Vikings).
    Not to mention we never had a pool for injuring players, it was a "pay for performance" ie. interceptions, forced fumbles, etc. that they had a pool for, making that bountygate crap even more of a farce..

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Not to mention we never had a pool for injuring players, it was a "pay for performance" ie. interceptions, forced fumbles, etc. that they had a pool for, making that bountygate crap even more of a farce..
    It is worth noting that the Saints more or less beat the system by trading away their first round pick the year before to move up and get Ingram. So they actually avoided the worst part of any potential penalty. Not saying it wasn't bs, of course.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    How does one become a Vikings and Pelicans fan in Maryland? Just curious
    LOL. I'm going throw even more craziness on it. I grew up in Cincinnati. But we didn't have a football team.

I once had a Reds, vikings, and Pelicans logo on my car with MD plates. People always were confused. My Reds logo fell off. So I'm down to two

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Hey its no worse than Cowboys fans here in DFW saying that the NFL "felt sorry for the Saints" and "GAVE" them the Super Bowl due to Katrina. I've heard that so many times... I thought Cowboys fans were idiots, but its been confirmed.
    It's a common, low hanging fruit insult fans of other teams.

"Oh, that pity Super Bowl trophy the NFL gave you!"

Why on earth did they wait 4 seasons? And why not give us that pity Super Bowl instantly? So is Houston going to win a Super Bowl in the next four or five years?

I don't think people are factoring-in the pain and suffering we endured to even get AD. Trading him at this point regardless of who we get in return will kill this franchise. Forget that lousy tank season; forget his rookie season; forget we canned Monty after making the playoffs - presumably so another coach could take us past the first round; forget the trade for Cousins; forget 'Going Big'; forget everything and let's just start over. I'll support/watch because I like the game, but the average fan probably couldn't identify anyone they could offer in return that would excite them.

For goodness sake, we have two starters for the All-Star game - why are we even talking about this?
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    For goodness sake, we have two starters for the All-Star game - why are we even talking about this?
    Because people love to argue.

The Franchise
    AD is a franchise player you build around. I wish we would have built slowly instead of pushing it so fast but To me you don’t move AD until he wants to leave and if he did want to leave, it’d cost Tatum, Brown, Lakers pick and Memphis pick at min. I don’t want smart or horford. I’ll just keep and buyout Ajinca and Asik. You end up with 2 high picks the next 2 years with 2 good young players.

Thread Information