Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Pels @ Hawks frozen edition

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Back to back overtime games this team is exhausted let’s give them a break on this one .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would agree if this game was a blow out. But we had control coming into the 3rd. There was no reason to keep the worst team in the league down for another 24 minutes.

i wonder if anyone else in the history of the league has dropped 45 one night then the next night drops 8

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Ehh whatever, we’ll probably win the next 3.
    weird thing is.... i think this too

i wouldn't care if this team just sucked, but nah we can beat the celtics, spurs, cavs, etc but then also lose to the hawks, grizz x2, mavs, kings, etc...infuriating

We really need to win the next 3 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I would agree if this game was a blow out. But we had control coming into the 3rd. There was no reason to keep the worst team in the league down for another 24 minutes.
    Well, that's exactly when the fatigue would start showing though.

But really, while everybody else seemed to run out of the game as it went on, this one is really on A.D. as he had no gas from the beginning. And I hate that blame the superstar stuff, but he was just awful out there, and when Cousins was having foul trouble just in no shape at all to hold down the fort until Boogie got back. And he couldn't even summon up the one burst that was needed. It's understandable given the rest of the roadtrip, but really really unfortunate.

You miss the playoffs by one game, or lose a tiebreaker and have to face the Warriors in the first round, this is one of those primary games you look at. Another one was that Sacto loss, where again A.D. did not look like himself coming back from injury, and Gentry decided to "rest" Rondo. Standings are just too tight to have these losses in your column against the league's worst.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 01-17-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    i wouldn't care if this team just sucked, but nah we can beat the celtics, spurs, cavs, etc but then also lose to the hawks, grizz x2, mavs, kings, etc...infuriating

this is what keep my mind right being a pels fan.....we beat and play the top teams close and this is what give me hope that when the playoffs come,,we will win a series against a top 4 seed....

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    i wonder if anyone else in the history of the league has dropped 45 one night then the next night drops 8
    I shouldn't even mention this because you are such a unreasonable turd toward him, but a couple of years ago Cousins dropped 54 on the Bobcats/Hornets one night in an OT game, and then the next night they had to fly up to Portland for the back to back, and he was obviously completely gassed himself from the beginning, and went something like 3-16 from the field in the game in a blowout loss. It is really tough on a big man to put up those kind of numbers, with all the physicality it entails, and then bounce back the next night in a different city on the road.

The positive would be that if the team can just make the playoffs and avoid the automatic Golden State matchup, there are no back to backs in the playoffs. No fatigue problems. No overlooking somebody sluggishness problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    I shouldn't even mention this because you are such a unreasonable turd toward him, but a couple of years ago Cousins dropped 54 on the Bobcats/Hornets one night in an OT game, and then the next night they had to fly up to Portland for the back to back, and he was obviously completely gassed himself from the beginning, and went something like 3-16 from the field in the game in a blowout loss. It is really tough on a big man to put up those kind of numbers, with all the physicality it entails, and then bounce back the next night in a different city on the road.

The positive would be that if the team can just make the playoffs and avoid the automatic Golden State matchup, there are no back to backs in the playoffs. No fatigue problems. No overlooking somebody sluggishness problems.
    He still had 17 points that game and probably looked interested out there. AD tonight was inexcusable

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    That may be true, but you had to know the refs we're gonna swallow their whistles. You also shouldn't of ever been in that situation to begin with. You shouldnt be missing so many free throws, you shouldn't be completely giving up on defense, you shouldn't be walking up and down the court like you barely want to play, and you shouldn't of had anyone but Rondo passing in that final inbounds play which resulted in losing a much needed second off the clock.

This is not a game the refs lost for us.

Basketball Guru
    cousins and AD missed FT's in 4th that hurt us...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    this is what keep my mind right being a pels fan.....we beat and play the top teams close and this is what give me hope that when the playoffs come,,we will win a series against a top 4 seed....
    I want the Spurs.
    RIP FlyGirl

I can describe this game with one simpe Word #Pelslife.
    AD have only 8 shoots? Really. This dude is on fire and We dont play througt him? This is bad coaching! All our toughness, help defence was gonne. I feel bad for AD. After this L no one will give us a chance in the first round off the playoffs. We are way to inconsistent...

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    I can describe this game with one simpe Word #Pelslife.
    AD have only 8 shoots? Really. This dude is on fire and We dont play througt him? This is bad coaching! All our toughness, help defence was gonne. I feel bad for AD. After this L no one will give us a chance in the first round off the playoffs. We are way to inconsistent...

if you watched the game it was quite obvious that AD neither wanted nor was capable of taking many more shots. The ones he did take looked awful, and as an off the ball player this is how fatigue gets reflected -- just doesn't get open, roll as hard etc. It was there from the start of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    if you watched the game it was quite obvious that AD neither wanted nor was capable of taking many more shots. The ones he did take looked awful, and as an off the ball player this is how fatigue gets reflected -- just doesn't get open, roll as hard etc. It was there from the start of the game.
    Yep. Team needs to be able to pick up the slack when AD is off. Which it was doing effectively with a 19 point lead

Then deer in the headlights mode rears it's ugly head again

Hopefully Boogie will choose to sign with a team like the Lakers, then they can agree to a sign-and-trade so we get a large trade exception. Then we send that trade exception with our 2018 1st to the Magic for Evan Fournier. A more balanced big-3, his ball-handling and play-making / good-decision-making from the SG/SF spot allows Jrue to play off-ball as a SG while still having the defensive advantage to guard PG. Then use the MLE to sign a decent, strong-bodied Center (Baynes or Dedmon) who plays within his role, and fill out the rest of the roster with depth at back-up PG, C, and PF using the rest of the MLE and minimum signings.

Baynes
    Davis
    Hill
    Fournier
    Holiday

small-ball line-ups

Davis
    Hill
    Fournier
    Moore
    Holiday

bench
    -----
    Moore
    Miller
    PG
    PF
    C
    Frank J.
    Diallo?

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Y'all are funny! Boogie got fouled on the last shot, of which we hope he would have made one or 2, giving us a trip to OT or a win. We wwwere running on fumes and still should have won. All of this doom and gloom talk is absurd sometimes. My outrage is at the refs for not blowing the whistle on the final play, a well designed entry pass to Boogie. Oh well, on to the next one!

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Y'all are funny! Boogie got fouled on the last shot, of which we hope he would have made one or 2, giving us a trip to OT or a win. We wwwere running on fumes and still should have won. All of this doom and gloom talk is absurd sometimes. My outrage is at the refs for not blowing the whistle on the final play, a well designed entry pass to Boogie. Oh well, on to the next one!

my tv view may be bad...from the behind the goal view,,,i seen boogie using his arm and holding the hawks player arm down..when the in bound pass was coming in to boogie,,,boogie release the hawks player arm to catch the ball...then the hawks player put both his arms straight in the air and boogie tried to draw a foul but the hawks player kept his arms straight up in the air.....

if boogie make both of his FT's before that play,,we would have been in OT after that last play you are talking about....

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    it was a foul

The Franchise
    my tv view may be bad...from the behind the goal view,,,i seen boogie using his arm and holding the hawks player arm down..when the in bound pass was coming in to boogie,,,boogie release the hawks player arm to catch the ball...then the hawks player put both his arms straight in the air and boogie tried to draw a foul but the hawks player kept his arms straight up in the air.....

if boogie make both of his FT's before that play,,we would have been in OT after that last play you are talking about....
    I hate when players have to pull stuff on other players like pinning their arms under yours or in the crack of your elbow. Quit trying to do that and just play the game. If I was a ref and saw cousins doing that ALL GAME then I wouldn't have called the foul at the end either. The only good I saw from Cousins was he didn't seem to go after the refs on every play, I only saw him do it a couple of times and nothing too bad. It shouldn't be hard, when teams crash down on Cousins or Davis swing the ball out and shoot the 3. When we become an good 3pt shooting team then the lanes will open and teams won't be able double or triple as easy. Also Cousins get your butt on the block and stop staying at the 3pt line. Once is a while is ok but he spends more time at the 3pt line then our guards.

Who gives a damn if we can try as hard as humanly possible to beat the Celtics on one night in overtime with an 8 man rotation when you lose to Atlanta (worst team in nba) the next night. This team isn’t built to win 2 games in a series against a good team let alone 4 games..

I’m officially giving up until demps is gone. As an organization I don’t think we care unless he is gone.

For some reason I’m not as upset about losing to the Hawks as I was when we lost to the Mavs and Knicks. I guess it’s just me coming to grips with the inconsistency. It’s become this team’s calling card, kind of like the Saints losing playoff games in heartbreaking fashion.

This is correct. If anything the ref could have called an offensive foul on Cousins for locking both of his arms under his. I checked the NBA Officiating website and in their review of the last 2 minutes of the game they said basically the same thing. It was an incorrect non call and should have been an offensive foul on Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    it was a foul
    Yes it was. On Cousins.

Thread Information