View Poll Results: Yay or Nay

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Worth it

17 56.67%
  • we over-paid

13 43.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is Jrue playing up to his max contract? (jrue appreciation thread ?)

I’d love to keep Moore but he has to be our greatest trade asset since he’s playing the best he has in his entire career. Selling high might be our best option. It would mean having to put more trust in Darius and Clark which isn’t the most comfortable situation, but the upgrade at PG or at the forward position would in my mind be more beneficial because it would give us more flexible lineups.

Let me know what we can get in return for Miller, Diallo, and a 1st that works with our cap situation and is worth trading away another 1st rounder

Who do you think we can get for moore?... he's a systematic player who is thriving in this system and would probably be a end of a bench player on any other team
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Great question. Of the guys I mentioned, I think Beverly could be had but he's injured, as is Rudy Gay. Mirotic would require a larger package than just Moore. Probably looking at Moore, Ajinca, Diallo, and a 1st or something like that. Finally the Nuggets are trying to get rid of Faried and I think they'd love Moore esp since Will Barton will be a FA next year.

Mirotic and a guy like Wilson Chandler are both more of a desired players than truly realistic. But we are limited and thats obvious. To be honest idk what else Moore can get us.

Except for the other wild card that is Evan Fournier. There are a bunch of different trades there. One's that do include Moore and ones that don't. But you get a fat $17 mil contract over 4 year contract with Fournier on a team that is already paying the combo of AD, Jrue, & Boogie $66 mil. And that's the number that excludes Boogie's increase in salary if he resigns this summer.
    Last edited by deiondeion; 01-17-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deiondeion View Post
    Great question. Of the guys I mentioned, I think Beverly could be had but he's injured, as is Rudy Gay. Mirotic would require a larger package than just Moore. Probably looking at Moore, Ajinca, Diallo, and a 1st or something like that. Finally the Nuggets are trying to get rid of Faried and I think they'd love Moore esp since Will Barton will be a FA next year.

Mirotic and a guy like Wilson Chandler are both more of a desired players than truly realistic. But we are limited and thats obvious. To be honest idk what else Moore can get us.
    Tbh the more I think about it I'd rather just draft a 3 and D guy if cousins is willing to stay and keep the first

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Tbh the more I think about it I'd rather just draft a 3 and D guy if cousins is willing to stay and keep the first
    I mean those are not the easiest in the world to find and are usually drafted high.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but since there was trade talk in this thread...somehow? Thought might as well be here:

Pels just received a $2.75 million injury exception for Ajinca:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248637/Pelicans-Receive-$275M-Disabled-Player-Exception

could be handy as the deadline approaches

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I mean those are not the easiest in the world to find and are usually drafted high.
    And the ones you find later tend to take a few years to develop. To which patience has not been this franchise's strong suit.

I have felt all season long that the Pels were seeing the value of having two stars when A.D. kept going down, but Cousins was there to step up and hold the fort. But now as the Pels are starting to come into gear I think a major factor is Jrue playing like a THIRD star, so now not only are they surviving on a bad night for one of the stars -- A.D. is justifiably tired here -- but they are still getting two 20+pt nights a game out of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Wasn't sure where to put this, but since there was trade talk in this thread...somehow? Thought might as well be here:

Pels just received a $2.75 million injury exception for Ajinca:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248637/Pelicans-Receive-$275M-Disabled-Player-Exception

could be handy as the deadline approaches
    smart move
    there was deadline for applying for DPE
    you are not obliged to use it

but it is another possibility in the pocket

BTW Buddy's trade exception is bigger...

mackel and gkat should be forced to each kiss one of jrue's cheeks for talking so much noise

Thread Information