Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: The Playoff Race

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    We have just not matched up well against the Wolves at all. Hope something changes. But the game totals are backwards on the first page.
    yeah...figured it could confuse either way, but the way I wrote it was just what was "Team x's record vs. the Pels" as opposed to "Pels record vs. Team X"

I don't suspect our team to be the same in the playoffs as the team that has lost to the Wolves.

In the least we should have Hill and Tony Allen back. We are also probably going to bring someone else in before the deadline.

Basically, while the Wolves have been full strength and beaten us while massively injured I expect a series where we can put Hill and Allen on Butler to change the games quite a bit. Butler makes that team go, take for example, he has missed the last 4 games and they are 2-2 in them.

Give us both healthy squads and I like our chances with Jrue on Teague and Hill on Butler.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    To add to the Wolves/Pelicans matchups to date, the second game was the one in which AD was tossed. It was a tie game with multiple lead changes and horrible calls going against AD, which led to his outburst. The first game was during the first few weeks when the team was still figuring things out, and doing so without Rondo. AD and Boogie manhandled KAT that night, which was a positive take-away from that game. I actually like matching up with Minny, as long as we have Hill and Allen back to help play some D.

we need to win 3 of the next 5 games

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    yeah...figured it could confuse either way, but the way I wrote it was just what was "Team x's record vs. the Pels" as opposed to "Pels record vs. Team X"
    Daaaaaang. I've been reading it wrong for weeks!
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

big win, but Pels opponents are simply refusing to lose now too. Clips win, Utah beat Toronto, in Toronto?? And Pels may have suffered the biggest loss of all.

Cursed franchises man. I do know how to pick them.

I don't know what to say now. This is a real gutshot.

The Playoff Race

We need to go 3-3 at least until the trade deadline to stay in playoff potential. This is very possible seeing we can beat Clippers(H), Sacramento(H), and Utah(H). Hopefully we steal one from Minnesota(A), OKC(A), and Indiana(H) which is possible. The other good thing is the weaker opponents are at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by msw2024; 01-27-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Nuggets went down to boston, so that's always a plus for us.

This thread was so much more fun when we had a mostly healthy roster

OKC has been way too hot. Not the best time for us to play them. Lol.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    This thread was so much more fun when we had a mostly healthy roster
    How often does that ever happen!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Nuggets went down to boston, so that's always a plus for us.
    Minny lost to ATL too.

See people it happens.

Minny went full Pels! Wow

I stand by my call of preferring to see Minny than Spurs in the playoffs
    Last edited by AusPel; 01-30-2018 at 03:48 AM.

Blazers and Thunder with losses

Somehow Denver has come back to life and jumped to 6th. We’re the 8th seed again. Smh.

We made a trade that will soften the blow of losing Cousins but with just that one move we still aren't close to the level we were at.....just biding time until next season.

Continuity means so much in the NBA and losing a cornerstone of the team while adding in a new element had us lacking there.

Thread Information