Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Playoff Race

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    3 game win streak.
    you're right, could have sworn the graphic on the Pels feed said 5, but Atlanta obviously. hmm.

ok, so...how about 6 of the last 7, and 8-3 in January?

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    you're right, could have sworn the graphic on the Pels feed said 5, but Atlanta obviously. hmm.

Works for me!

too bad -- Drummond was explaining things to the All Star voters tonight, but looks liek Detroit blew it's chance to knock the Jazz back/nearly out in OT

I'm going to need everyone to retweet and heart this tweet.

https://twitter.com/mythrol/status/9...0%7Ctwterm%5E0

It's my proudest moment of being able to link Saints with Pels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm going to need everyone to retweet and heart this tweet.

https://twitter.com/mythrol/status/9...0%7Ctwterm%5E0

It's my proudest moment of being able to link Saints with Pels.
    Lol, done deal.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Spurs.... unless they make a trade for a decent 3 I don't want nothing to do with Minnesota
    Yea I definitely want the Spurs in the 1st round. If we can get a piece at the trade deadline which I believe we will then the TWolves don't scare me. I believe we have a chance with our roster as is but a solid piece puts us very close imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post

It did say five. Crazy. I saw it, too, and just went with it.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Wolves about to lose to the Blazers. Smh.

We can still catch the Spurs and Wolves.....it's a long shot but doable.

And go Boston.

Well at least hopefully the Clippers lose. This 3 - 9 race in the west is kind of crazy. Hopefully we pull away some from the bottom. We aren't out of the clear yet. However maybe some teams tank it after the deadline.

Wolves sat Butler is what happened. He's the true straw over there.

But as I said above, amazingly the Wolves are only 2 games ahead of the Pels in the loss column. Their big edge is in having 5 more wins, but that's because they have played more games. I don't think the Pels will catch them, but it's far from statistically impossible. Pels are going to be 3 up on the Clippers, who are considered a threat. Well, they are only 3.5 back of the Wolves now. So if it's a vague not impossible threat one way, has to be the other way too.

Well, ok, at least got another loss on those Clips. Still hoping maybe they blow it up here with the Cavs hunting for help.

And the Wolves have Golden State up next. If they drop hat one, and the Pels somehow beat Houston, Pels would only be 2 1/2 back, and I'll add them to the list on the first page.

I just take a look at our schedule and besides the next five games where we play the Rockets clippers OKC and the Wolves, i think our schedule is not that hard and that we have a chance to solidy our playoff spot and even chase that 3/4 spot if we can get some consistency and maybe some help thanks to a trade or a Solo comeback

Spurs.... unless they make a trade for a decent 3 I don't want nothing to do with Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Definitely Spurs. I just don’t imagine us beating the Wolves 4 times.
    No one can say that we're a fan base who wears homer googles. My father-in-law asked me about the Pels' playoff prospects last week, and I said the same thing about a series against the T-Wolves. Minn isn't a championship-caliber team yet, but they've got several players who are peaking, an increasingly balanced attack, and they've turned up the defensive intensity in recent weeks. Manufacturing 4 wins against a team like that would be tough for the Pels.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

People are forgetting Spurs finals mode is a completely different beast. Especially with Kawhi back. Minny in the postseason is a complete unknown. They could fall to pieces.

I think I'd take Minny at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Definitely Spurs. I just don’t imagine us beating the Wolves 4 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    People are forgetting Spurs finals mode is a completely different beast. Especially with Kawhi back. Minny in the postseason is a complete unknown. They could fall to pieces.

We might be seeing cracks in the SA foundation. It's a young man's league, and their roster is dependent upon aging players. Now we hear that one of their players who is still in his physical prime is facing questions about his injury recovery time. The Kawhi situation is a bizarre one, and it will be interesting to see if the Spurs can get everything resolved and operating at peak performance in time for the playoffs.

getting no help at all with DEN and OKC both at home.

Been most annoying to finally go on a win streak and barely gain any ground because the entire bottom half of the West has decided to get hot simultaneouly.

Last hope for the evening is that at least the Wolves can take another loss and fall down within reach of the pack.

I mean the something could be said for us
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

I would like to formally welcome the Wolves back into the neighborhood. They've got 20 losses on the season now, same as the Thunder, and only 1 less than the Pels.

Also, as of this evening, Pels have the 10th best record in the NBA. Barely of course, and with Houston looming it may not last. But it's still a thing.

1) 39-10 GSW
    2) 34-12 HOU
    3) 35-14 BOS
    4) 32-14 TOR
    5) 32-18 SAS
    6) 31-20 MIN
    7) 27-19 CLE
    8) 28-20 OKC
    9) 27-21 MIA
    10) 26-21 NOP

How is Miami's rag tag team of misfits 9th

OKC need another 6 game skid, or however many games it takes.

How is Miami's rag tag team of misfits 9th
    They play hard, Dragic is underrated, and Spoelstra is a genuinely good coach.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    They play hard, Dragic is underrated, and Spoelstra is a genuinely good coach.

We have just not matched up well against the Wolves at all. Hope something changes. But the game totals are backwards on the first page.

Thread Information