Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Playoff Race

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Murray seems to be pulling away from Hield

I don't know if Demps is a moron or a genius for drafting Hield over Murray

i was decidedly against Hield as opposed to Murray. I'd be totally shocked if Hield is better. When a freshman averages what Murray did at kentucky it's safe to say he'd be doing well his senior year as well

oops, had forgotten to update this with all the excitement. Back into 6th they go.

This is our first time being 4 games above .500 in the Gentry era, right?
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    I certainly can't imagine any other time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    This is our 1st time 4 games over. 500 since CPMe left right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This is our 1st time 4 games over. 500 since CPMe left right?
    Chris Paul did a lot for us
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    i was decidedly against Hield as opposed to Murray. I'd be totally shocked if Hield is better. When a freshman averages what Murray did at kentucky it's safe to say he'd be doing well his senior year as well
    As someone still too lazy to change my avatar, I think the early results are definitely in Murray's favor.

Hield has been a low key very solid player on a bad Kings team, so I wouldn't say Murray is exactly pulling away, as I think on that Nuggets team Hield would look better as well, but Murray is developing nicely in that Chris Finch designed offensive system that isn't really requiring a true point guard. Which I was always concerned with Murray being able to transition to a point guard as a bit of a tweener, and why I worried about fit with him here, but in Denver they don't need that. They just need a guy that can slot in at the 1, move the ball intelligently within the system, cut well, and get open for Jokic, and Murray has all the tools to develop perfectly into that role.

I still think the ceiling on both of them was and is still at best fringe all star reserve in a lesser conference, but right now youth, team, and early returns give Murray the major edge.

........Nets.....can....you?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

12 points at the half, let's geauuuuuuuuuuuux

I wished the spurs would lose already

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    I wished the spurs would lose already
    If Kawhi really wants out they've already lost

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    If Kawhi really wants out they've already lost
    Ikr!!! Now all they need to do is lose some more games so we could be the 4th spot

You might need to add the Spurs and T-wolves to this list soon.

How are Nets doing this

Nets had a chance to win and then decided to not guard Westbrook...OKC wins again

Welp

I think we can manage to blame Gentry for this.

Bloody hell Gentry

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Nets had a chance to win and then decided to not guard Westbrook...OKC wins again
    I was excited when I saw the Nets were winning, too. Smh. Let me down!

Who do you guys want to see as the Pels' opposition in the first round? They're currently matched against Minn, a team who flogged them in the last two head-to-head outings.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Teal Lantern View Post
    Who do you guys want to see as the Pels' opposition in the first round? They're currently matched against Minn, a team who flogged them in the last two head-to-head outings.
    Spurs.... unless they make a trade for a decent 3 I don't want nothing to do with Minnesota

games of interest today:

Utah @ Detroit -- Utah is 19-28, the Jazz are a lousy road team and are just a few more losses from probably having to effectively throw in the towel and leave it a 9 team race. If Detroit can beat them and knock them to 19-29 it would mean the Jazz would have to go 22-12 to finish the season just to get to 41-41, which probably wouldn't be good enough.

Minnesota @ Portland -- kind of a no lose proposition -- amazingly if Minny loses they would actually only be 2 games up in the loss column from the Pels. But on the other hand I think it might be best just to concede the Wolves spot as one of the top teams this year, and have them knock back Portland. The difference between being the #6 seed, which the Pels currently hold, and the #7 or #8 seed, might legitimately be the difference between a competitive series with hope, and a beatdown by the true title teams.

Boston @ Clippers -- Boston is going back to back in Staples, a night after losing to the LAKERS on their home floor. Hopefully they are pissed, because I still say the very best thing that could happen for the Pels in the next few weeks is for the Clippers to give up the ghost, trade Lou, DJ, possibly Blake, and start the rebuild. Then there would be 8 teams for 8 spots and it would take the danger of missing away. Just be jostling for position. So the more Clips losses right now, the better.

Some random team @ Hornets -- not sure why anybody would be interested in this one

Quote Originally Posted by Teal Lantern View Post
    Definitely Spurs. I just don’t imagine us beating the Wolves 4 times.

5 game win streak now.

Now let's see how Portland and the Clippers respond tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    5 game win streak now.

Now let's see how Portland and the Clippers respond tonight.
    3 game win streak.

Thread Information