Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Playoff Race

Thanks for nothing, Houston

So got no help from the punchless Kings, who didn't even play the Zachgod, and none from Houston as Cp3 wilted in the face of the Lou Williams machine.

Indiana helped a little bit by pushing Utah closer to the brink, but the Clippers are the far greater threat as they are one of the hottest teams in the league for no apparent reason. Almost have to hope management chooses to just blow it up, but given that management consists partly of Doc, and that he is desperately clinging to his position so that he can continue to slide money into his son's pockets, it's far from a sure thing.

And now reports coming out of a postgame lockerroom brawl of some sort between Clips and Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

I could see one of OKC, Portland, Denver, or New Orleans missing
    Fify. Though I wish it weren't true.

they should absolutely rest AD tonight in my opinion. Last thing we need is them to run him into the ground tonight in a loss and we end up dropping one to the Hawks tomorrow. Just punt tonight and take care of games against team under .500 the next two weeks

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    they should absolutely rest AD tonight in my opinion. Last thing we need is them to run him into the ground tonight in a loss and we end up dropping one to the Hawks tomorrow. Just punt tonight and take care of games against team under .500 the next two weeks
    Gentry would never. Lol.
    RIP FlyGirl

That's stupid because he could just as well get hurt during the hawks game
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    That's stupid because he could just as well get hurt during the hawks game
    not even just getting hurt, but he played 50 minutes last game, he'll probably play 40 minutes tonight and then a game tomorrow? Increases the likelihood he comes out flat or doesn't play as well as teams often do on back to backs. so he plays a good 40 tonight, has a great game but we come up short and then i wouldn't put it past this team to lose a winnable game tomorrow because our three best players have all played almost 100 combined minutes in their last 2 games

Well that was nice -- just so long as they don't suffer one of those post-big game letdowns tomorrow and give it back away.

Meanwhile there was limited hope on a night when MIN, DEN and POR were matched up against ORL, DAL and PHX, but the Magic already did the Pels a favor. Doesn't look good otherwise, but hey, dare to dream.

not even just getting hurt, but he played 50 minutes last game, he'll probably play 40 minutes tonight and then a game tomorrow? Increases the likelihood he comes out flat or doesn't play as well as teams often do on back to backs. so he plays a good 40 tonight, has a great game but we come up short and then i wouldn't put it past this team to lose a winnable game tomorrow because our three best players have all played almost 100 combined minutes in their last 2 games
    So what do you say now?

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    So what do you say now?
    He could still get hurt tomorrow or any time. He could slip in the shower. You never know. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    He could still get hurt tomorrow or any time. He could slip in the shower. You never know. Lol.
    Lol I'm sure they will rest him tomorrow or limit his minutes

Pels 5 games back of Spurs

Wow!!! Anyone think the Spurs fall out of the playoffs? I saw that LA asked Pop for a trade. That is a huge blow to the spurs.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    No WAY! Grab the win! Fly home. We dont play until Saturday. Try and put Atlanta away early & possibly reduce AD's minutes. AD probably wont allow Gentry to sit him.

Oh wow. That’s really interesting. Spurs haven’t missed the playoffs in like 15 seasons though. I think they’ll be okay.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Wow!!! Anyone think the Spurs fall out of the playoffs? I saw that LA asked Pop for a trade. That is a huge blow to the spurs.
    Well, they are the Spurs. BUT this is HUGE!

I still don’t know how that team is 3rd in the West without Kawhi

Quote Originally Posted by deiondeion View Post
    I still don’t know how that team is 3rd in the West without Kawhi
    It shows how good a coach Pop is...Go look at their roster. They do not have one top 10 player at this point in their Careers without Kawhi and are 3rd in a pretty good Western Conference. Crazy!!

Not a good night aside from Denver losing, but since Denver's loss came against the Clippers, who are hotter than the Pels have been all season no matter how much random trash they throw on the court and would be at even odds to smackdown the Warriors right now, that was a dubious blessing.

Just thinking about how painfully inconsistent we are. Just past the halfway point of the season and we have lost to the 4 worst teams in the league. I think that is a reflection on the coaching staff and the inability to adapt an appropriate system of consistent success.

The Spurs were 19-8 in their first 27 games without Kawhi. They'll manage just fine in the regular season without him. They might concede a spot to Minnesota, but they'll make the playoffs rather comfortably like they always do. It's the Spurs we're talking about.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Damn I thought Indy were gonna do us a favour today

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    The Spurs were 19-8 in their first 27 games without Kawhi. They'll manage just fine in the regular season without him. They might concede a spot to Minnesota, but they'll make the playoffs rather comfortably like they always do. It's the Spurs we're talking about.
    I agree, but I think they will fall in the standings to 6-8...They have the hardest schedule of all the NBA go forward.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I agree, but I think they will fall in the standings to 6-8...They have the hardest schedule of all the NBA go forward.
    They always find a way to stay the top seed so I wouldnt hold my breath

Thread Information