Pelicans Report

Thread: Is Boogie the Tyreke Evans of centers?

Is Boogie the Tyreke Evans of centers?

Just a random thought—both are
    1. Extremely talented
    2. Unorthodox players for their respective positions
    3. Transfers from Sacramento where they more or less were the Kings' offense and were able to showcase their skills
    4. Prone to volatility in playing style (turnovers, bad shots, tunnel vision)
    5. Able to win a game for the Pels any night of the week but not to string together enough of these performances

I hope I'm wrong and Cousins can be the kind of player that takes us to the next level but I don't know..Obviously I understand his rebounding numbers are something Tyreke never so Boogie is more productive off the bat but in terms of adding value to the team and possibly raising the Pels to the next level

um...no

And I say that as a Tyreke fan. There is a major gulf in talent between the two players.

But frankly, constant injuries aside, Tyreke actually powered the last and only playoff appearance the Pels had (with A.D. obviously -- their chemistry that season was great). But until this season there were always strict limitations there and he was always going to be in and out of the lineup, rehabbing half the time, playing gimpy half the time. No stability.

Boogie.... established superstar and franchise player... perennial all star... max contract player... top 10 in points and rebounds year on year.

Tyree Evans.... good role player.
    '' We are here!!''

Yeah Tyreke isn't in Boogie's league

Tyreke Evans, currently having a career year: 19/5/4
    Boogie, career averages: 21/11/3.

Yeah these aren't the same caliber of player.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by dusha64 View Post
    Just a random thought—both are
    1. Extremely talented
    2. Unorthodox players for their respective positions
    3. Transfers from Sacramento where they more or less were the Kings' offense and were able to showcase their skills
    4. Prone to volatility in playing style (turnovers, bad shots, tunnel vision)
    5. Able to win a game for the Pels any night of the week but not to string together enough of these performances

I hope I'm wrong and Cousins can be the kind of player that takes us to the next level but I don't know..Obviously I understand his rebounding numbers are something Tyreke never so Boogie is more productive off the bat but in terms of adding value to the team and possibly raising the Pels to the next level
    They are obviously not on the same level but I understasnd where you coming from. Good post and I also hope you are wrong

6. They both have low bball iq.

Pelicans are above .50 with two redundant stars, a good PG and a roster full of below average Nba vets or over the hill type of guys, coached by an offensive Mastermind, wo thinks its a great idea to follow the trend of pace and space with this roster and who hasnt found a reliable way to exploit missmatches involving his bigs close to the basket, making a defense, where the defender simply fronts the pels big extremely effective against the pels. And thats in an absolutely brutal western conference.

Nonetheless some fans seem to be extremely frustrated and it seems to be common sense on this board, that the pels should be much higher in the standings.

Ich honestly dont know where this is coming from. Pels are exakt, where The should be in the standings, given their level of talent, the distribution of talent over the roster (2 great bigs, 1good guard, not much else and a blatant obvious hole at the wings), the injuries (starting SF absent all season) and the level of coaching.

Pels are in the thick of it, right behind the teams, who might have an outsiders chance to face Golden state in the conference finals.
    When you take a look at the rosters of the teams werden are trying to beat for a playoff spot, The pelicans are right where they should be.

No need to be overly frustrated or to constantly blame one of our stars for his mistakes and to put his play under a microscope.

Some of you should temper their expectations. No contender is built over night.

I agree with op. We should probably trade Boogie before the other 29 teams figure out that he’s equivalent to Reke so we can be assured a good trade haul.

I hope no GM is ever faced with having to choose between boogie and Reke. Skill sets are so close that I don’t know how they’d choose.
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 01-14-2018 at 12:29 PM.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Thread Information