Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans VS Grizzlies January 11th

Just get Boogie on the block every possession

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    My "alternative narrative" is that I blame the people who are actually responsible for the problem. I wish everyone would do the same instead of parroting blame to one person as if he is the entire fault.
    Which is all well and good until you remember that Gentry's job is literally to control and run all of this. So when Ermans defense is failing, that's still a mark against Gentry because he's the one allowing Erman to run the defense and if he doesn't like it, it is literally his job to do something about it. Yes, there's an extent to which the product is the result of the players (obviously) but it's the job of the coach to put those players in the position to succeed and Gentry fails repeatedly and often at doing so.
    Basketball.

Boogie's "defense" on Marc is pure comedy

Lol was that music from Mega Man 2?

Rondo on Reke down the stretch was asking to lose honestly...please fire alvin just for that

Play defense Cousins !!!
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Boogie's "defense" on Marc is pure comedy
    He has 5 fouls. He's not going to do anything defensively.

He has 5 fouls. He's not going to do anything defensively.
    He needs to at least compete

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    He needs to at least compete
    no, he can't. He kept his body in between Gasol and the hoop, that's the best you can do without seeing Asik on the floor again.

Trololololol

I like Rondo or Holiday going to the basket here ... get a decent shot

What’s he gonna draw up this time...
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Which is all well and good until you remember that Gentry's job is literally to control and run all of this. So when Ermans defense is failing, that's still a mark against Gentry because he's the one allowing Erman to run the defense and if he doesn't like it, it is literally his job to do something about it. Yes, there's an extent to which the product is the result of the players (obviously) but it's the job of the coach to put those players in the position to succeed and Gentry fails repeatedly and often at doing so.
    So exactly what would you like Gentry to do mid season about the defense? Fire Erman? Who takes over defensively?

How exactly do you think Gentry should handle Cousins being one of the worst defenders in the league? Bench him? That won't happen because we have to try and resign Cousins.

See it's easy to point fingers but a lot harder to have an actual solution. Which is my biggest problem with the "fire Gentry" hot take. It offers no solution and creates more issues.

For are terrible of a game as it's been. This is an exciting finish.

NO JRUE ISO PLEASE!

Cousins lmao another bad loss

So exactly what would you like Gentry to do mid season about the defense? Fire Erman? Who takes over defensively?

How exactly do you think Gentry should handle Cousins being one of the worst defenders in the league? Bench him? That won't happen because we have to try and resign Cousins.

See it's easy to point fingers but a lot harder to have an actual solution.
    It's very difficult to find a solution, and you're right it's easy to point fingers. It's even easier to just say oh well, finding a solution is hard so let's just shut up and deal with it.

See it's easy to point fingers but a lot harder to have an actual solution.
    My lord your Cousins' take is just...well deluded.

Gentry calls a play for Cousins to go point Center ... you gotta be kissing me

High post Boogie is a sick idea

Boogie with the dreadful turnover. Beautiful.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I think Alvin was trolling us with that call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this is why Boogie was a career loser in Sacramento. You can’t win with this guy. And Gentry is too afraid to bench the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    My lord your Cousins' take is just...well deluded.
    And just like clock work Cousins delivers.

The worst ball handler on our team and you give him the ball to iso at the top of the key

Thread Information