Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This Team...

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

This Team...

Is 1.5 games out the 5th seed and 2 games out of the 9th.

We are closer to 5 than we are 9 and we are 8.

Jesus be a four game winning streak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I think more than a winning streak (which would be awesome) I want to see these guys actually play consistent every single night. Mainly on D. But also can we please stop with the long passes and ones into traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    I think more than a winning streak (which would be awesome) I want to see these guys actually play consistent every single night. Mainly on D. But also can we please stop with the long passes and ones into traffic.
    Even Rondo has been guilty of quite a few of those super risky outlet passes and I can't remember one coming off

Do we get to sign someone now that Jalen Jones is gone?
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Do we get to sign someone now that Jalen Jones is gone?
    On a 2 way contract, yes, if we want.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Even Rondo has been guilty of quite a few of those super risky outlet passes and I can't remember one coming off
    I think one or two have hit, although that's obviously a vast minority.

The passes I hate more are the ones where Cousins is on the block, and he throws them over his shoulder backwards across the lane and through (usually) 3 defenders. Now THAT I'm pretty sure has never worked.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    On a 2 way contract, yes, if we want.
    I see we just signed DeAndre Liggins. Whoever the hell that is.

of course Liggins played at Kentucky
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    I see we just signed DeAndre Liggins. Whoever the hell that is.
    Kinda classic Dell "find".

13th man level SG, been around for years. Pelicans will be his 7th team. Career averages 11.1min 2.0pts. Not sure what the point is for teams to keep on signing him, but he's a pro and maybe he's a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    of course Liggins played at Kentucky
    ah, very good catch. Would have played with Cousins and Miller. I think missed A.D. by a year.

Nope played with each. Cleveland loved his defense and ball handling but he's not a good shooter or driver. He can though occasionally hit a 3. Very athletic. Probably could take a twelfth man spot. Guards 123 positions

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Kinda classic Dell "find".

13th man level SG, been around for years. Pelicans will be his 7th team. Career averages 11.1min 2.0pts. Not sure what the point is for teams to keep on signing him, but he's a pro and maybe he's a good guy.
    He is a good defender. That's about it

We signed Andrew Wiggins?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    We signed Andrew Wiggins?
    Lol na, LeAdre Diggins

He's a 3&D without the 3.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

This team starts a 6'3 Sg at SF. Tony Allen cant get on the floor for whatever reasons. We are one of the worst defensive teams, when it comes to defending the perimeter.
    Absolutely makes sense to sign a 6'6 guy, who can defend at a very high level.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Lol na, LeAdre Diggins
    Isn't he the American Wiggins?

Quote Originally Posted by Krysanthem View Post
    This team starts a 6'3 Sg at SF. Tony Allen cant get on the floor for whatever reasons. We are one of the worst defensive teams, when it comes to defending the perimeter.
    Absolutely makes sense to sign a 6'6 guy, who can defend at a very high level.
    Good point

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I've kinda felt numb for a month and a half or more.

...I don't believe anything good is on the immediate horizon. A bad team is about to come down because this team with Cousins and AD won't succeed. Might actually get a bad team in the future. Like an actually bad team that does well in the lottery.

Problem is, that transition might be...rough.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    He's a 3&D without the 3.
    free and D

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I've kinda felt numb for a month and a half or more.

...I don't believe anything good is on the immediate horizon. A bad team is about to come down because this team with Cousins and AD won't succeed. Might actually get a bad team in the future. Like an actually bad team that does well in the lottery.

Problem is, that transition might be...rough.
    man, its too bad the opiod crisis is making it harder to get prescription drugs, because I feel a strong desire to order this whole board a truck full of Zoloft

Some news today:
    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ested-In-Trade

There's a pretty healthy chance Boogie and Brow end up paired in New Orleans for a long time. It will be up to Boogie apparently He's got friends on the team, family nearby. What he doesn't have is much of an enthusiastic fanbase to bond with.

Liggins has shot the 3 in the dleague level at a high rate and high assists, and a defensive poty

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    man, its too bad the opiod crisis is making it harder to get prescription drugs, because I feel a strong desire to order this whole board a truck full of Zoloft

Some news today:

There's a pretty healthy chance Boogie and Brow end up paired in New Orleans for a long time. It will be up to Boogie apparently He's got friends on the team, family nearby. What he doesn't have is much of an enthusiastic fanbase to bond with.
    I'm not in a bad spot. It's just I don't feel anything anymore one way or another. More like I'm patiently waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Justwar View Post
    Liggins has shot the 3 in the dleague level at a high rate and high assists, and a defensive poty
    Bucks fan in this thread isn't very glowing about Liggins

https://www.reddit.com/r/NOLAPelican..._is_signing_a/

Different systems bring out different skillsets. I know he did very well for the cavs while Smith was out last year. Played some backup pg, sg, and sf

Some news today:

As soon as the team starts acting like they care about the games then the fans will too.

Thread Information