Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: This Team...

Oh btw, Liggins was not signed on a 2 way contract. The team used an injury exception from the league and signed him to a 10 day contract.

Basically what this means is this signing counts against our cap.

This also might mean there is another signing to come because we have another 2 way contract still available that doesn't count against our cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I've kinda felt numb for a month and a half or more.

...I don't believe anything good is on the immediate horizon. A bad team is about to come down because this team with Cousins and AD won't succeed. Might actually get a bad team in the future. Like an actually bad team that does well in the lottery.

Problem is, that transition might be...rough.
    Is there a like button for this post?
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Is there a like button for this post?
    Yeah, I've crossed over to the dark side, man. Team Sith over here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    As soon as the team starts acting like they care about the games then the fans will too.
    Haha I love this and I love you guys. I've let it be known on here that I'm in the same boat. Like today we play against Mepmhis, I'm not expecting anything, because I'm not gonna be suprised if we destroy them or they destroy us. I'm just numb. I'll say this, I'm close to not having any trust in this organization and team.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Basketball Guru
    if the guy defense is real good then he will get the mins tony allen was getting and maybe our defense will show some improvement....hell,,if he can hit a 3 and get some layups like allen did then thats a plus for us and help our bench out....

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I'm not expecting anything, because I'm not gonna be suprised if we destroy them or they destroy us. I'm just numb
    This is exactly how I am too. It's actually way more dangerous for the franchise to have fans reaching this point. If people are angry then that shows they still care. It means you can win them back. It means there is hope.

But once diehard fans simply give up... It's a death kiss for the franchise. And the way the team has played this season has been enough to make even the most diehard fans do just that.

This is exactly how I am too. It's actually way more dangerous for the franchise to have fans reaching this point. If people are angry then that shows they still care. It means you can win them back. It means there is hope.

But once diehard fans simply give up... It's a death kiss for the franchise. And the way the team has played this season has been enough to make even the most diehard fans do just that.
    Again...where is this entitlement from? It's a playoff team today. It's a team 2 wins from being the frickin' 5th seed. OKC is all of a game ahead, and their arena is rocking. Denver is 1/2 a game ahead, Portland 1 1/2 games ahead. Philly's fans are excited to be 19-19. Indiana's fans are enthusiastic at 21-19. But this fanbase is just, I don't know. Depressive in a way that's out of step with the product on the floor and it's own history. It's not like this place is dedicated to Spurs fans eternally accustomed to winning 55+ games every year.

This is one of the brighter seasons the Pels have had in the last decade, and built upon a potentially sustainable base this time. But you would never know it.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 01-10-2018 at 05:39 PM.

On the subject of Liggins signing, we now have the reason for it.

Tony Allen had a set back of his recovery. He is now expected to miss 2-4 more weeks.

We brought in Liggins to help out on the defensive end. Two 10 day contracts puts us basically at the 3 week mark.

I'm not sure why we wanted or needed to cut Jones yet, but at least this explains why Liggins.

I guess this explains the Liggins signing

On the subject of Liggins signing, we now have the reason for it.

Tony Allen had a set back of his recovery. He is now expected to miss 2-4 more weeks.

We brought in Liggins to help out on the defensive end. Two 10 day contracts puts us basically at the 3 week mark.

I'm not sure why we wanted or needed to cut Jones yet, but at least this explains why Liggins.
    Makes sense. Liggins is no game changer, but on his best days he is a strong defender. If all he gets is 10 minutes a game to slow down those people who happen to be going off on us, I'll take it. And if that can rub off on some others that would be even better.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

I guess this explains the Liggins signing
    crap. 2-4 more weeks is almost as long as the initial diagnosis. Wonder if he rebroke it? (ouch)

Still, in most ways I am glad just to hear of any Allen news at all. He just kind of disappeared and was never heard from afterwards. Pushes back any hoped for defensive renaissance until Feb then when maybe Allen and Hill both arrive to stiffen up the rotation at the same time.

The Franchise
    Entitlement to expect the team to come out and at least play with ENERGY on a semi regular basis? Gtfo with that entitlement junk. I support teams that show they care. The Pels this season, even by their own admission, have not done that.

The only people entitled are the ****ing players who constantly overlook their opponents even as they desperately try to cling to the 8th seed.
    Totally agree. I think we come out slow and sometimes without heart. Losing to bad teams is expected sometimes but we've seemed to be losing a lot to teams we should beat. My expectations are higher with boogie on the team and just not seeing enough. I'll of course keep watching but it hurts to see whining and lack of hustle.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I would argue that if the steam played with some consistent energy, they’d be a fringe 50 win team even with the defensive shortcomings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Would you then say you would find it impossible to be a fan of the Cavs?

This Pels team is on pace to win maybe 42-44 games playing the way it does. I assume that a bump to 46 win consistency wouldn't be enough. So you are saying, intentionally or not, that basically this team would have to play like a 50+ win team in order to secure your support.
    I couldn't give a **** about the Cavs. I don't watch their games or care what they do. I didn't watch a single Finals game last season either.

Nor do I care to play some silly game with someone who isn't even a fan of the Pelicans and is only here because of their love affair with Cousins. My statement was clear. The fact you are unable or unwilling to understand what I meant is a failing on your part not mine.

I cheered the last season we made the playoffs because it felt like even though we weren't some star studded team, and even though we had as bad of injuries as this season, we fought every game, and players gave effort. This season it feels like we are just pissing away talent as our "two of the top 15 players in the NBA" are too busy complaining to refs, giving **** effort on defense, or more concerned with College football than giving effort every game and even worse they have some superiority complex where they constantly overlook opponents.

You wanna know what I'm pissed at? That this type of effort is common place:
    https://twitter.com/jsgrayson/status...587169792?s=09
    Last edited by Mythrol; 01-10-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I couldn't give a **** about the Cavs. I don't watch their games or care what they do. I didn't watch a single Finals game last season either.

Nor do I care to play some silly game with someone who isn't even a fan of the Pelicans and is only here because of their love affair with Cousins. My statement was clear. The fact you are unable or unwilling to understand what I meant is a failing on your part not mine.

I cheered the last season we made the playoffs because it felt like even though we weren't some star studded team, and even though we had as bad of injuries as this season, we fought every game, and players gave effort. This season it feels like we are just pissing away talent as our "two of the top 15 players in the NBA" are too busy complaining to refs, giving **** effort on defense, or more concerned with College football than giving effort every game and even worse they have some superiority complex where they constantly overlook opponents.

You wanna know what I'm pissed at? That this type of effort is common place:
    https://twitter.com/jsgrayson/status...587169792?s=09
    /thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information