Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Seriously people? PELS VS WOLVES

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Solomon Hill coming back from injury.

Other than that there are not really many realistic options out there. Maybe another method would be bring in a capable backup center so we can rest Cousins more, but how would he respond to reduced minutes? My guess is probably not well.
    True. So much hope is riding on Solomon's return now.
    True.

New Woj rumors: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...an-wojnarowski

There are far more teams chasing wing players -- shooting guard/small forwards -- than quality talent available at those positions. Drafts have been lean on those spots in recent years, and they're in great demand now.

Detroit, New Orleans, New York and Portland are a few of the teams most interested in upgrades, but the true list is much longer.

New Orleans is limited in its tradable assets. No one is taking the moribund contracts of Omer Asik and Alexis Ajinca without the Pelicans including a first-round draft pick -- if not more -- in the deal.

The Pelicans are optimistic that they can get starting small forward Solomon Hill back from a hamstring tear before March, but they've remained active. Teams are targeting the availability of Brooklyn's DeMarre Carroll, Utah's Alec Burks, Orlando's Evan Fournier and Atlanta's Kent Bazemore, among others.

...So far, New Orleans is determined to re-sign center DeMarcus Cousins and hasn't invited trade offers on him."

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Why do I feel like we will be disappointed after the deadline? Either we won't get anyone or we are going to make a weak trade

Diallo, Jackson, and the Grindfather for Reke Havoc.

Do not want to see us waste our #1 on Carroll.

Quote Originally Posted by boardtown View Post
    Yea let's just keep mortgaging our future for temporary mediocrity.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Yea let's just keep mortgaging our future for temporary mediocrity.
    I don't really care about Diallo at this point. Yes he's a latecomer to basketball but he's been in an NBA environment for a while now and he still remains unplayable. He looks no better now than he did last year.

Jackson on the other hand is super promising and I would hate to see him go before we get the chance to see how he performs on court.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by boardtown View Post
    Fun thought, but doubt he would want to come back here after thriving once he left.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN
    Do not want to see us waste our #1 on Carroll.
    This so much. I just saw he's injured again, nursing a knee injury and bruised ribs. He's already had major injuries before, and even when healthy, his shooting %'s are not very good.

I would be interested in Bazemore, though, if all it took is Asik/Ajinca/1st. Problem with that is, now you have all the money tied up into 5-6 players and could face lux tax when Cousins re-signs on a big deal. Probably more likely we trade for player(s) with smaller contracts on expiring deals.

Fun thought, but doubt he would want to come back here after thriving once he left.

This so much. I just saw he's injured again, nursing a knee injury and bruised ribs. He's already had major injuries before, and even when healthy, his shooting %'s are not very good.

I would be interested in Bazemore, though, if all it took is Asik/Ajinca/1st. Problem with that is, now you have all the money tied up into 5-6 players and could face lux tax when Cousins re-signs on a big deal. Probably more likely we trade for player(s) with smaller contracts on expiring deals.
    Carroll does not even relieve us of a bad contract as his is just as bad as Asik/Ajinca combined. Do not want Bazemore either because of his contract.

Thread Information