Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 3 Trade Options to Clear OA/AA for Cap Savings and Playoff Players

Any deal that turns Asik and Ajinca money into a contributing player would make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Any deal that turns Asik and Ajinca money into a contributing player would make me happy.
    Agreed. Do whatever you have to do, Demps!
    RIP FlyGirl

With the Cavs interest in George Hill, how about this trade?

Cavs get PG George Hill, PF Cheick Diallo, and PF Skal Labissiere

Kings get SG Iman Shumpert, C Omer Asik, C Alexis Ajinca (buyout), 2018 Pelicans top 8 protected 1st round pick, 2018 Cavs 2nd round pick

Pelicans get SF Jae Crowder, PG Jose Calderon, and C Channing Frye

New Pelicans lineup

PG: Rondo/Calderon/Nelson/Jackson
    SG: Holiday/Moore/Allen/Clark
    SF: Crowder/Hill/Miller
    PF: Davis/Cunningham/(Hill)
    C: Cousins/Frye
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 01-23-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    With the Cavs interest in George Hill, how about this trade?

Cavs get PG George Hill, PF Cheick Diallo, and PF Skal Labissiere

Kings get SG Iman Shumpert, C Omer Asik, C Alexis Ajinca (buyout), 2018 Pelicans top 8 protected 1st round pick, 2018 Cavs 2nd round pick

Pelicans get SF Jae Crowder, PG Jose Calderon, and C Channing Frye

New Pelicans lineup

PG: Rondo/Calderon/Nelson/Jackson
    SG: Holiday/Moore/Allen/Clark
    SF: Crowder/Hill/Miller
    PF: Davis/Cunningham/(Hill)
    C: Cousins/Frye
    It's a good thought, but don't see the Cavs giving up Crowder since he's supposed to be a good defensive matchup for KD (if they even get to the finals). They have no use for young fringe players. Also, seems like SAC should get a bit more if they're only getting the 1st back for taking on those contracts while giving away a decent young prospect in Skal.

Crowder would be a good addition to the Pels, in theory. But just like every other recent Celtic that was traded away, he's been really bad on both sides this year. It would be worth it for the Pels to see if this new situation can spark some better play into him, but yea don't see the Cavs giving him up unless they're getting back a similar defensive 3/4 back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    It's a good thought, but don't see the Cavs giving up Crowder since he's supposed to be a good defensive matchup for KD (if they even get to the finals). They have no use for young fringe players. Also, seems like SAC should get a bit more if they're only getting the 1st back for taking on those contracts while giving away a decent young prospect in Skal.

Crowder would be a good addition to the Pels, in theory. But just like every other recent Celtic that was traded away, he's been really bad on both sides this year. It would be worth it for the Pels to see if this new situation can spark some better play into him, but yea don't see the Cavs giving him up unless they're getting back a similar defensive 3/4 back.
    And not to mention Calderon is a worse defender than Rondo even when he is trying

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    How about this trade which I think works for all involved?

Detroit gets PG George Hill

Sacramento gets C Omer Asik, C Alexis Ajinca (buyout), and Pelicans 2018 top 8 protected 1st round pick

New Orleans gets PG Reggie Jackson (I know he won’t be back until late February) and C Eric Moreland
    i like this trade cuz i think moreland has serious potential

Thread Information