Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Pels vs Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Win is a win, but this turnovers.... MANNNNN....
    I like the one late in the game where E'Twaun and Boogie were running a side pick and roll and E'Twaun just threw it directly into the hands of the defender 5 feet from him in what was supposed to be a simple handoff pass, and Boogie just stood there looking down at him like..."man!", or, as you said "MANNNNN". Well...I didn't exactly like it, especially since while Boogie was staring E'Twaun down the Jazz were breaking the other way, but still, it was exactly my response back at home.

btw, the Pels are now 7-0 in games where they hold an opponent under 100pts.

Are you listening guys? Gentry? Anybody? Hellloooo....

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Any game where your team wins not only by being big, but by playing big down the stretch, works for me, no matter the warts.

Were a couple of really saavy "we big and we know it" plays along the way too. A.D. passing it to himself off the backboard to grab the o-reb and score over Ingles or Jerebko. Cousins drawing Favors out and heaving up a 26 footer for A.D. to recover underneath surrounded by a bunch of guards. Pretty sure Boogie's ankle really took away his aggressiveness, but those o-rebs down the stretch really were backbreakers for the Jazz. No Gobert = no way to match up against both bigs at once.
    This is what is so frustrating to watch. They have this advantage against 99% of the league. They should live on the offensive glass. I've heard Gentry say he wants 2 on the glass while everyone else gets back, but you often see 0 on the glass and they all bail. It just speaks to bad coaching if you say one thing yet the team does another.

Everytime a guard drives you should see one of AD, Cousins, or even both following down the lane. I'm putting my money on those two winning down low than worrying about getting beat down the other end.

Scott just did an article about the Pelicans switching more to focus on offensive rebounding. I think there is a quote from Finch where he says he wishes they'd have switched to that sooner.

See my concern with that is, as fans we've been discussing Offensive rebounding this entire summer. But the coaching staff are just now switching to focus on it? My guess is Erman's defense was the reason for the hold up. Finally they realized AD and Cousins are just going to complain to the ref for not getting a call instead of hustling back on defense so might as well send them to crash the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Finally they realized AD and Cousins are just going to complain to the ref for not getting a call instead of hustling back on defense so might as well send them to crash the glass.
    So True So True...I feel like basketball is becoming the new Futbol(Soccer) where players complain and flop all game.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Without Johnson we blow this team out
    With Gobert we lose.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    So True So True...I feel like basketball is becoming the new Futbol(Soccer) where players complain and flop all game.
    Lol. I think basketball took that crown from soccer over a decade ago.

But great win. Very needed.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information