Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 6 game winning streak to end the year!!

6 game winning streak to end the year!!

I'm betting on it. Team has had some tough losses lately against quality teams. But the road to the end of 2017 seems a bit easier. If the team can play hard, hungry, basketball and keep shooting well, we should blow the competition away.

@WAS
    @ORL
    @MIA
    vBRK
    vDAL
    vNYK

Pels should be 21-15 to end the calendar year. I think that could be good for tied 4th or 5th in the West. POR, MIN and DEN all have interesting schedules to end the year. DEN play MIN twice and MIN play POR as well, should knock each other down a bit.

Let end the year with a bang!

I think we’ll lose to the Wizards and win the rest to close out 2017. The Knicks could pose some problems too. They are a scrappy team and they play hard every night.

I am in favour of this. I think there could be a loss or two tucked away in there, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if we did go 6-0.
    Basketball.

We'll lose at least 2 maybe only break even.

I am thinking 4-2 and would be fine with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some notes:

Heat are 6-7 at home.
    Magic are 6-8 at home.
    Knicks are 2-8 on the road.

toughest game could easily be the first

I got tickets for BRK... So, We are probably gonna lose. Be visiting home and my first game in about a minute. Usually lose when I actually show up, but I want to see Boobie and AD play.

Well at least some had hope for a few days...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Well at least some had hope for a few days...
    It is of course possible to lose any or all, but the toughest of those 6 games was always going to be Washington in their own building.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    It is of course possible to lose any or all, but the toughest of those 6 games was always going to be Washington in their own building.
    Cool story bro.

5 game winning streak to end the year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool story bro.
    Indeed.

Also a wonderfully factual one.

@WAS 9-6H (was 8-6)
    @ORL 6-8H
    @MIA 6-7H
    vBRK 5-9A
    vDAL 2-12A
    vNYK 2-9A

So as I said.

I can tell you how every one of those teams can beat you, some are trap games. But the Wizards, on their home floor, are the only one of those teams who really believe they SHOULD beat you.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 12-19-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Indeed.

Also a wonderfully factual one.

@WAS 9-6H (was 8-6)
    @ORL 6-8H
    @MIA 6-7H
    vBRK 5-9A
    vDAL 2-12A
    vNYK 2-9A

So as I said.

I can tell you how every one of those teams can beat you, some are trap games. But the Wizards, on their home floor, are the only one of those teams who really believe they SHOULD beat you.
    What's your point? There was never a need to quote me to begin with. I never said the wizards game wasn't the hardest one. I said we wouldn't win 6 straight. We didn't.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 12-19-2017 at 10:45 PM.

What's your point? There was never a need to quote me to begin with. I never said the wizards game wasn't the hardest one. I said we wouldn't win 6 straight. We didn't.
    With this coaching staff, I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose three more on this so called “easy” slate.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    With this coaching staff, I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose three more on this so called “easy” slate.
    Anything's possible, but that hasn't been the pattern.

Pels fans continue to talk about their team like they are 8-23 or something, but aside from that bad Sacto loss, which made me really mad for a reason, which had bunch of guys sitting and A.D. tiptoeing around out there like he didn't want to be on the floor, the Pels this year have largely taken care of business against weak opponents. Even in games A.D. has missed. In fact UNO's running tally of the Pels record vs. +.500 teams also let's you know that against sub .500 teams the Pels thus far have gone 7-1, with the 1 being the Kings loss.

The ridiculous thing is they've only had 8 games against bad teams so far. If they continue stomping weaklings, then the next month could turn a lot of frowns upside down. If they suddenly start losing to them, you will know that something has changed, and something larger may have to change.

Anything's possible, but that hasn't been the pattern.

Pels fans continue to talk about their team like they are 8-23 or something, but aside from that bad Sacto loss, which made me really mad for a reason, which had bunch of guys sitting and A.D. tiptoeing around out there like he didn't want to be on the floor, the Pels this year have largely taken care of business against weak opponents. Even in games A.D. has missed. In fact UNO's running tally of the Pels record vs. +.500 teams also let's you know that against sub .500 teams the Pels thus far have gone 7-1, with the 1 being the Kings loss.

The ridiculous thing is they've only had 8 games against bad teams so far. If they continue stomping weaklings, then the next month could turn a lot of frowns upside down. If they suddenly start losing to them, you will know that something has changed, and something larger may have to change.
    Fair enough. This is a reasonable way of looking at the current situation. Guess we'll see how they fair against lottery teams going forward. This team is like Jekyll and Hyde.

Off topic, but it's looking likely Monroe gets bought out.
    Trade Ajinca and trade either Allen or Clark for another PG that is over 6ft.

Wow someone is dreaming. This team is plying very average ball certainly not playoff caliber and the coaching continues to be iffy at best. Oh and has anyone else noticed that Cousins while definitely a great talent continually takes plays off especially under the boards. He doesn’t block out or at least lazily tries to get in position and loses the board. The entire team and coaching needs to drastically improve or we’ll end up anywhere from 7th seed on down. We need to be seeded 4th to 6th at the worst or we’ll be out 4-1. At this point of the season having a losing record is unacceptable. Too much talent to be this bad. And no excuses please. It time for this team to be much more consistent and outperform expectations. Afterall, the Saints have exceeded all preseason predictions even with numerous and I mean numerous injuries. Coaching and players stepping up are the main reasons so it’s time for the up and down Pelicans to get their act together and keep it together OR lots of changes will be needed next offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by specialman View Post
    Wow someone is dreaming. This team is plying very average ball certainly not playoff caliber and the coaching continues to be iffy at best. Oh and has anyone else noticed that Cousins while definitely a great talent continually takes plays off especially under the boards. He doesn’t block out or at least lazily tries to get in position and loses the board. The entire team and coaching needs to drastically improve or we’ll end up anywhere from 7th seed on down. We need to be seeded 4th to 6th at the worst or we’ll be out 4-1. At this point of the season having a losing record is unacceptable. Too much talent to be this bad. And no excuses please. It time for this team to be much more consistent and outperform expectations. Afterall, the Saints have exceeded all preseason predictions even with numerous and I mean numerous injuries. Coaching and players stepping up are the main reasons so it’s time for the up and down Pelicans to get their act together and keep it together OR lots of changes will be needed next offseason.
    You do realize that Cousins is leading the entire NBA in defensive rebounds this season, right?

you can't get 'em all.

also: 5th toughest schedule in the league so far. About to hit the softest patch of the season. Now we'll find out.

Is Gordon going to be out for @ Orlando?

FFS....CHI have gone on a 7 game winning streak and we can't even win more than 3 in a row.
    I think the biggest streak we have had in 3 years is 4.
    FML.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    FFS....CHI have gone on a 7 game winning streak and we can't even win more than 3 in a row.
    I think the biggest streak we have had in 3 years is 4.
    FML.
    For a team that was projected league worst by many, that's pretty amazing.

Spurs did us a big favour today beating Portland!

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    For a team that was projected league worst by many, that's pretty amazing.

Spurs did us a big favour today beating Portland!
    Minny won though.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Minny won though.
    Denver copped the loss though, also good for us

We can realistically finish 5th if we get our act together.

Thread Information