.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 299

Thread: Mavericks @ Pelicans 12/29

  1. #226
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Pelicanidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    So now ad decides he wants to go get boards lol

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Pathetic. I love him, he's my favourite player, I think he's top three in the league in his best days. But he lost us this one.

    "Kahwi Leonard will be a Pelican. Please make me a signature." - Silverfoxx

  2. #227
    Frank Jackson for ROY Rel11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The Blender
    Posts
    839
    The Mavs have THE WORST RECORD in the West. But here’s our Pelicans, doing what they do.
    RIP FlyGirl

  3. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Yeah ok and Gentry makes Nelson foul Dirk on the 3 and AD leave an open 3 pointer. Gentry's fault.
    Gentry and his coaching staff were horrendous tonight . Give up 77 points to an offensively challenged Mavs team and absolutely refuse To take advantage of the post.

    Gentry sat there and let Cousins play point Center for 5 straight possessions to start the 4th quarter. Carlisle always runs circles around Gentry
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

  4. #229
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! bahmamamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Even if we win this game (unlikely) AD needs to get torn up in the locker room. No defense at all, no rebounding at all, and no real offensive effort until right near the end. If he had his standard defense and his standard rebounding we'd be up 5 now.
    Completely agree. When franchise player comes out and acts like he doesn't wanna play that's bad....we can give boogie all the crap in the world but atleast he comes in every game with attitude and playing hard

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

  5. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Just stop.
    You really think the coaches are to blame for this poss poor performance. Maybe if Davis didn't play with his vagina for most of this game it wouldn't be contest.

    One bloody rebound for a guy who should be in the paint.
    That's pathetic.
    It's not the players fault they didn't realize the gigantic mismatches they had inside until mid 4th quarter.

    This team has a talented roster. They are a Rick Carlisle type coach away from challenging for a title. Until then they are going to be too stupid of a team to win much of anything.

  6. #231
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Gentry and his coaching staff were horrendous tonight . Give up 77 points to an offensively challenged Mavs team and absolutely refuse To take advantage of the post.

    Gentry sat there and let Cousins play point Center for 5 straight possessions to start the 4th quarter. Carlisle always runs circles around Gentry
    Guy's have to stop blaming Gentry. This effort was the players. It shouldn't be up to Gentry to have to rev up the team. These guy's make ***** millions of dollars and they need the coach to get them going?

    Please.

  7. #232
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    metairie
    Posts
    1,447
    Gentry has to go. You have 2 of the best bigs in league and you have them shooting 3’s on the perimeter

  8. #233
    Frank Jackson for ROY Rel11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The Blender
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Guy's have to stop blaming Gentry. This effort was the players. It shouldn't be up to Gentry to have to rev up the team. These guy's make ***** millions of dollars and they need the coach to get them going?

    Please.
    People will stop blaming him whenever he stops making poor coaching decisions. Why is Boogie playing point? Why is Rondo nowhere to be found?

  9. #234
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Pelicanidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Completely agree. When franchise player comes out and acts like he doesn't wanna play that's bad....we can give boogie all the crap in the world but atleast he comes in every game with attitude and playing hard

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Boogie played his heart out. Went after everything, took fouls and didn't go charging around, rebounded like a demon, dished. Yeah he had some turnovers, but he was the only guy except Rondo who was even passing and Rondo didn't even play much. So of course be got turnovers. We deserved to lose. Boogie deserved to win. And AD lost him this game. Disgraceful.

  10. #235
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,901
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Completely agree. When franchise player comes out and acts like he doesn't wanna play that's bad....we can give boogie all the crap in the world but atleast he comes in every game with attitude and playing hard

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Davis doesn't have and never will have that killer instinct. That aggression to want and ask for the ball. He's just going through the motions until he can get arse out of here. He still gets paid.

  11. #236
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    People will stop blaming him whenever he stops making poor coaching decisions. Why is Boogie playing point? Why is Rondo nowhere to be found?
    Rondo is sore or troubled by something. No way he kept him on the bench for fat arse Nelson.

  12. #237
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Pelicanidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Exactly. Davis doesn't have and never will have that killer instinct. That aggression to want and ask for the ball. He's just going through the motions until he can get arse out of here. He still gets paid.
    Disagreed. He's had several games where he's gone insane during the clutch and had 5 points and 4 boards in three minutes to win us games. He's done that multiple times. He's just inconsistent with it and needs sparking up, and today he was a wet blanket.

  13. #238
    Pack Erman's bags

  14. #239
    ADs defensive awareness has been an issue since he came into the league. He is ******** poor on pick and roll. ******** poor on recognizing shooters.

    And no, I don't blame it all on him. Coaches have to tell him stop being so eager to switch onto guards, but I think our stupid *** coaches probably want him to do that.

    It never works and throws off the entire defense. He consistently loses track of who he should be guarding off ball as well.

    If he's still doing this in near January, that is bad coaching.

  15. #240
    Such a disappointing game but totally expected. The Pels overlook opponents all the time, then turn around and get punched right in the mouth.

    Hopefully we don't just break even in this 6 game stretch, but I wouldn't be shocked at all.

  16. #241
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Disagreed. He's had several games where he's gone insane during the clutch and had 5 points and 4 boards in three minutes to win us games. He's done that multiple times. He's just inconsistent with it and needs sparking up, and today he was a wet blanket.
    If he is the franchise why does he need "sparking up"?
    Because he doesn't care enough to lose.

  17. #242
    I said I'd be disappointed if they lose during this stretch of games against weak opponents. Tonight is exactly why. Don't care if they win 6 of the next 8 or win them all.

    You still dropped a game, at home, to Dallas in a tight playoff race. Just flat out despicable.

  18. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    ADs defensive awareness has been an issue since he came into the league. He is ******** poor on pick and roll. ******** poor on recognizing shooters.

    And no, I don't blame it all on him. Coaches have to tell him stop being so eager to switch onto guards, but I think our stupid *** coaches probably want him to do that.

    It never works and throws off the entire defense. He consistently loses track of who he should be guarding off ball as well.

    If he's still doing this in near January, that is bad coaching.
    He needs to make a quick decision... Go with the ball or stay with the screen man. What he can’t do is just sit there and do nothing while he is making up his mind.

    It’s like he waiting for the offense to come to him instead of playing defense. Teams are putting him in this situation and he is always stuck in no mans land.

  19. #244
    This team will go as far as AD is willing to take it.

  20. #245
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27,095
    Game threads of wins always have half the posts of losses. But I bet that's probably the same in most circumstances for other teams. Or not. I don't know.

  21. #246
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Pelicanidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    If he is the franchise why does he need "sparking up"?
    Because he doesn't care enough to lose.
    I think it's easy when your franchise is a constant loser to fall prey to complacency, especially when games are 10 points out of reach instead of 5. Sometimes you have to learn how to win, and AD has had no one to teach him. He's 24. It's not like he's a wily old vet.

  22. #247
    Frank Jackson for ROY Rel11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    The Blender
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Game threads of wins always have half the posts of losses. But I bet that's probably the same in most circumstances for other teams. Or not. I don't know.
    I noticed that too. It’s probably the same for other teams. Except lots of other teams have coaches with brains. Most of our posts are about why Gentry needs to go lol.

  23. #248
    So Gentry just said that the team didn’t make any adjustments and we stuck with our defensive plan ...even after giving up 77 points .

  24. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I said I'd be disappointed if they lose during this stretch of games against weak opponents. Tonight is exactly why. Don't care if they win 6 of the next 8 or win them all.

    You still dropped a game, at home, to Dallas in a tight playoff race. Just flat out despicable.
    But expected. It's disappointing from the perspective that we are a much better team than Dallas, at least from a talent standpoint. Not from the perspective that it wasn't foreseeable. Because it was. This is who we are.

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

  25. #250
    I'd rather frank Jackson run the second unit with a broken foot than continue watching the 60 year old jameer attempt to

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •