Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Mavericks @ Pelicans 12/29

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think it's easy when your franchise is a constant loser to fall prey to complacency, especially when games are 10 points out of reach instead of 5. Sometimes you have to learn how to win, and AD has had no one to teach him. He's 24. It's not like he's a wily old vet.
    Paint it how you like.
    AD simply looks like he doesn't care when they lose.
    CP3 hated losing.
    FFS the guy we brought here so Davis doesn't have to play C cares more when they lose than the "franchise".

Until Davis realises that he is a C and when they play him at C this team is elite, this team will always be average to above average.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 12-29-2017 at 09:50 PM.

I'm still confused about Rondo. He was brought here precisely for tight 4th quarters. Yet all season long he's nowhere to be found. Why?

Can somebody ask this coach?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Paint it how you like.
    CP3 hated losing.
    FFS the guy we brought here so Davis doesn't have to play C cares more when they lose than the "franchise".

Until Davis realises that he is a C and when they play him at C this team is elite, this team will always be average to above.
    And we'll likely never see that while he wears a Pelicans uniform. Boogie's re-signing will guarantee that.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Paint it how you like.
    CP3 hated losing.

Until Davis realises that he is a C and when they play him at C this team is elite, this team will always be average to above.
    Anthony Davis is not a C and he does care. He just doesn't know how to play all facets of the game yet. His post moves and defensive awareness are still poor.

Until he gets coached up, he'll continue to help the other team in those aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'm still confused about Rondo. He was brought here precisely for tight 4th quarters. Yet all season long he's nowhere to be found. Why?

Apparently Nelson is the best option down the stretch. Always

I assume it's because he can't shoot and isn't great on defense. But jameer is even worse defensively...I'd rather Rondo out there for sure. Actually I'd rather Asik out there to close games than the elderly jameer

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    I assume it's because he can't shoot and isn't great on defense. But jameer is even worse defensively...I'd rather Rondo out there for sure. Actually I'd rather Asik out there to close games than the elderly jameer
    He can get to the hole and collapse a defense. Which helps open things up for others. He can also get steals.

But I guess Gentry would rather someone who can hit an occasional 23 footer instead. Thats so much better.

Anthony Davis is not a C and he does care. He just doesn't know how to play all facets of the game yet. His post moves and defensive awareness are still poor.

Until he gets coached up, he'll continue to help the other team in those aspects.
    Ok the tallest guy on the court then.
    Call it whatever you like, he is best when he plays with quicker line ups rather than Cousins.

MAN, if it weren't for the Saints this city would be in a unsportsmanlike paradise.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Paint it how you like.
    CP3 hated losing.

Until Davis realises that he is a C and when they play him at C this team is elite, this team will always be average to above average.
    I agree that he does need to learn to care about making the win when it's not already looking incoming, and that if you're truly going to be a transcendent player, then you need that quality. I'm just saying I'm not at all ready to condemn a 24 year old as being soft or uncaring or whatever just because he hasn't put it together yet. I'm not trying to make comparisons here but a lot of people forget that MJ stayed in college so long because he didn't know how to win or how to lead yet. Obviously I'm not making direct comparisons, I'm just saying sometimes very young guys take a while to learn how to lock into competition.
    Basketball.

He can get to the hole and collapse a defense. Which helps open things up for others. He can also get steals.

But I guess Gentry would rather someone who can hit an occasional 23 footer instead. Thats so much better.

shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I agree that he does need to learn to care about making the win when it's not already looking incoming, and that if you're truly going to be a transcendent player, then you need that quality. I'm just saying I'm not at all ready to condemn a 24 year old as being soft or uncaring or whatever just because he hasn't put it together yet. I'm not trying to make comparisons here but a lot of people forget that MJ stayed in college so long because he didn't know how to win or how to lead yet. Obviously I'm not making direct comparisons, I'm just saying sometimes very young guys take a while to learn how to lock into competition.
    I hope he learns it quickly otherwise he'll learn it for another organization.

I'm just pissed because lossess like these shouldn't happen if your best talent isn't engaged or needs to be encouraged. Lossess like these will be why we will be facing GS or Houston in the first round instead of Denver or Minny.

I'm just pissed because lossess like these shouldn't happen if your best talent isn't engaged or needs to be encouraged. Lossess like these will be why we will be facing GS or Houston in the first round instead of Denver or Minny.
    I'm thinking losses like this will be why we miss the playoffs. Clippers and Jazz are only 2 games back

I agree. I'm hoping he'll learn it through this season and by the end he'll have more of an aggressive mentality and a vocal leadership role. I have no doubts though that he'll learn it with us.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    MAN, if it weren't for the Saints this city would be in a unsportsmanlike paradise.
    I’m trying to figure out how the Saints fans cheered for a losing team for so long without losing their everloving minds. The Pelicans don’t even have the worst possible record right now and I’m struggling over here. Lol
    RIP FlyGirl

It's not about AD being vocal or being more aggressive. He just needs some basketball 101 on pick and roll defense, and how to take advantage of mismatches inside.

Thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I'm thinking losses like this will be why we miss the playoffs. Clippers and Jazz are only 2 games back
    And I hope if we do we don't pay Cousins 30M+ per season to stay for 8th.

Oh well, on to New York. This team needs to quickly erase this loss from their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    I’m trying to figure out how the Saints fans cheered for a losing team for so long without losing their everloving minds. The Pelicans don’t even have the worst possible record right now and I’m struggling over here. Lol
    It's because they hadn't experienced winning before. Now, having a team that has won a Super Bowl, the fans do get fed up with mediocrity and losing. The Pels being meh for so long have rightfully made them the third team in New Orleans (behind the Saints, and LSU anything (and LSU is in Baton Rouge)). Unless the Pels can put a winner in the court they can rightfully expect poor attendance, and nobody taking them seriously.

Losses like this force you to accept that this team will play in 4 playoff games ( if they make the playoffs).

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    It's because they hadn't experienced winning before. Now, having a team that has won a Super Bowl, the fans do get fed up with mediocrity and losing. The Pels being meh for so long have rightfully made them the third team in New Orleans (behind the Saints, and LSU anything (and LSU is in Baton Rouge)). Unless the Pels can put a winner in the court they can rightfully expect poor attendance, and nobody taking them seriously.
    Pretty nice crowd there tonight since it was Friday night and we had been playing well. They witnessed an embarrassing loss. Seems like whenever the team is about to turn the corner in the average fan's mind and become relevant, they pull off a performance like tonight. Sad stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

shrug
    So thats it? If a team wants to see Jameer Nelson on the court in a tight 4th, all they have to do is go under screens on Rondo.

Like I've said over and over, this team goes nowhere until that man is gone. THats ****** up.

So thats it? If a team wants to see Jameer Nelson on the court in a tight 4th, all they have to do is go under screens on Rondo.

Like I've said over and over, this team goes nowhere until that man is gone. THats ****** up.
    As much as that high, red-eyed mofo frustrates me at times, I realize we hired him as an offensive mind. Our offense is top 5 I believe. I'm firing that midget Erman like yesterday. Defensive guru

It's not about AD being vocal or being more aggressive. He just needs some basketball 101 on pick and roll defense, and how to take advantage of mismatches inside.

Thats all.
    Some of that though may well be because A.D. is just not, by nature (it's not fixable per se), wired up/turned on all the time. I think it's easy for guys who are naturally chill to fall off the backside and be TOO chill/not intense and focused enough. Get mentally fuzzy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Gentry will be fired. I️ really think it’s coming soon. This franchise is very vulnerable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information