Pelicans Report

Thread: Just another bi-weekly "Anthony Davis should be traded" article.

Just another bi-weekly "Anthony Davis should be traded" article.

The media really wants AD out of New Orleans, and into a larger market. I can't say that I blame them, and I would certainly be interested to hear what others would offer for him. I am of the mind that it is damn near impossible to land 1 superstar, let alone 2, so unless a trade offer nets us a legit Superstar, you pass.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...an-wojnarowski

NEW ORLEANS -- Anthony Davis has listened to those prodding him to ramp up his posts, rough up a rival on Twitter, give the old grinding hashtag after leaving the practice gym.

"Yeah, I hear it all: You need to post before games," Davis said. "If you have a dunk or make a big shot, post it. It's not me. I don't ever try to do anything just for attention. I am trying to get my work in.

"I don't know what you're supposed to get out of posting your workout. And the All-Star stuff, 'Hey, vote for me!' I mean, if you're a fan of mine, you'll probably vote for me. If not, well ..."

If there are moments when Davis is tempted to raise one of those condor arms and remind everyone of his peerless talent, you can forgive him: In an NBA awash with under-25-year-old marvels, Davis is still an ascending, transcendent talent, a size and skill set from the future plopped into the present.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

It may be just me, but I think AD rather leave a legacy with a franchise, who doesn't have big icon already in the rafters.

If he plays for a big market and leaves a legacy there, he will always be second fiddle to the greats who laid the foundation for that organization before him.

With the Pelicans, if AD and organization can turn this into a year after year contending team. He will be THE legacy for the Pels. Our very own Jordan, Pippen, Bird, Johnson, etc. Which that idea has to be a lot more attractive than going to a large market and being just another Icon on a long list of icons.

I don't want to trade him, and I don't want to try and just foist him off for a draft pick or some other subpar "superstar" like Paul George or something. AD is the greatest Pelican of all time already, why would you throw him away? It would be like the Celtics trading Larry Bird or the Spurs trading Duncan.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The only people who want to trade AD are people who don't have the Pelicans best interest in mind.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

There’s no reason for us to trade him. If we miss the playoffs then he might demand a trade. If we cant resign boogie and miss playoffs then we can have trade talks possibly. It’s not likely we will trade him.

We could make the playoffs, do well in playoffs, resign boogie, and get a good young player on a rookie contract in draft. I️ actually think the key is going to be getting lucky in the draft by landing a very good player who can contribute now. That, and add another solid role player. Trading is the last thing we should be doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we don't win this season Cousins and AD are both gone. It's that simple. It's been that way since we made the Cousins trade.

Every time I read one of those articles or listen to a podcast that discusses us trading AD, I always look up the author or reporter who’s releasing the story. It’s ALWAYS someone from the Boston/New England area. It’s basically Celtics homers trying to push the story until it becomes a real thing.

It’s the same with the whole “LeBron wants to be a Laker”. The author of the story seems to be from LA.

Celtics fans think they can pull off another Garnett type of trade. Such a spoiled and annoying fanbase.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 12-19-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If we don't win this season Cousins and AD are both gone. It's that simple. It's been that way since we made the Cousins trade.
    This is speculation, stated like it's fact.

That's the problem people have with all these articles about trading AD to begin with! Glad our fans are JUST like the sportswriters.

Sportswriters are people too.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

That's the problem people have with all these articles about trading AD to begin with! Glad our fans are JUST like the sportswriters.

I mean this is the direct quote from the article:

"It makes you wonder: Does this organization really have my back? I've been loyal to this organization. I love it here. I love this team. I think we're moving in the right direction. DeMarcus, Rondo, some other players that are helping us, but people get judged on winning. And I want to win."

Now people can try and spin this as some positive, and I'm sure if we win AD would love to stay here, but he's making it pretty clear. He wants to win and he's starting to wonder about the organization. If we don't win, he will want out. Him being public about this stuff is a HUGE deal. No matter what the fans of this team want to believe.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 12-19-2017 at 07:46 PM.

AD and Boogie will be gone sooner than later.
    It's a ****** joke that this franchise gets to waste this talent any longer.

I think its playoffs or Cousins is gone. AD could be trade at one point, but it would make me sad. Gentry and Demps will be fired if we don’t make the playoffs and will that chase Cousins away?How will AD react? I am hoping we make the playoffs and don’t have to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

I want AD to stay here as much as the next guy. But, let's stop fooling around. The guy wants to, and most certainly deserves to, win.

No way he stays if we aren't progressing and making the right moves towards being a contending team.

Would you stay if you knew for a fact that you couldn't win a ring with your current team?

Hopefully, this opens up the front office's ears and hopefully, they do something else to prove to both AD and Boogie that they are committed to winning.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I think its playoffs or Cousins is gone. AD could be trade at one point, but it would make me sad. Gentry and Demps will be fired if we don’t make the playoffs and will that chase Cousins away?How will AD react? I am hoping we make the playoffs and don’t have to see that.

I’ve said it before but I think we are unfortunately in an almost unbreakable bind like you say.

We should of canned Demps a few years ago. At least the season after it seemed pretty clear he had lost the confidence of Loomis when Zach Lowe reported he was being handicapped from making any rash trades.

But we are basically all in on this regime now. If you fire Demps or Gentry, Cousins likely sees the instability(and since he seemingly likes Gentry) as a sign and jumps ship. AD who just got done saying in a national interview how important winning and the need to have multiple all stars to do that. He probably becomes a dead man walking as well. Just a matter of time before he demands a trade or let’s it be known he will walk if Cousins is gone and we are busy shuffling through coach’s and GM’s.

For better or worse I think this is the army you have for the foreseeable future unless you can convince Cousins or you are committed to blowing it up.

I would replace Gentry right now, I would not wait until the All Star break. Promote Chris Finch to interim head coach and give him the rest of the season to possibly make an impact on AD and Boogie. Gentry ran a playoff team into the ground in Phoenix and that team still hasn’t fully recovered post Steve Nash.

Lol
    Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 12-20-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Thread Information