Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans @ Nuggets

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    How tf does a big man get 9 TO
    Multiple times

He is a walking at least 6 turnovers

this team does lack winners . Our roster is full of perennial losers and we have a head coach who is a perennial losers .

Team full of talented players who can’t finsih because they don’t know how to win . The turnovers, poor coaching decisions, mental lapses on defense . Finding ways to lose basketball games . Gentry is an amazing offensive coach but he isn’t a head coach.

We need some leadership and someone who knows how to win to bring this team together
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

the Pelicans are talented BUT, this team is the stupidest, most undisciplined group I can remember seeing.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Let's not out Miller our there when we need a 3.

Pelicans would be a top 5 seed if we had a player that could take over a game in the last 2 minutes..make it happen Dell!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At what point must something change?

Gentry looks like a man defeated. No the turnovers aren't on him. But the continued feeding of Cousins in the post where he turns over is a system issue.

Either Cousins is on board with changing this or he has to be moved. Even he must understand this play style does not work.

And if Gentry will not do this, he should be fired.

Again, your final game winning possession, you take out Rondo and iso for Holiday.

I cannot stress how utterly stupid a coaching decision that is.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I’ve never been more embarrassed to root for a basketball team in my life. I don’t know how anyone with a straight face can look at this team and see anything positive. We make fun of trolls, but this is a team that is built to be trolled. We don’t have a right to tell someone they are wrong when they make fun of this team. A complete mess all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Rationalize this all you want, but this is a team that merely likes to play basketball. It doesn’t matter whether they win or lose. As long as the checks clear. Our city has been through too much and we deserve better than this. I’m done rooting for this mediocrity. They don’t care. It’s as simple as that. Demps is trash.
    Gentry is trash.
    AD is soft.
    Boogie is mental.

It won’t work. Have fun rationalizing this. I hope you find better use of your time. Peace..

Bye
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    How tf does a big man get 9 TO
    9 TO plus got blocked trying to force a number of other bad shots. Plus 5 fouls. He's just a losing basketball player. I wanted to like him. He has a lot of talent. It just does not translate to consistent winning basketball.

And here's the real problem: it's a lose-lose-lose situation from here.

A) Give him the max - would be very overpaid and you still have that cancer on your team. Expect to miss the playoffs every season
    B) Trade him - probably would not get very much for him AND you'd likely get a pissed off AD. But maybe even AD is fed up with him? Who knows
    C) Let him walk - you get nothing for him AND again probably get a pissed off AD

Just a horrible situation. Sorta similar to what Sacramento had to go through all those years and exactly why we got him for relatively cheap
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 12-15-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Rationalize this all you want, but this is a team that merely likes to play basketball. It doesn’t matter whether they win or lose. As long as the checks clear. Our city has been through too much and we deserve better than this. I’m done rooting for this mediocrity. They don’t care. It’s as simple as that. Demps is trash.
    Gentry is trash.
    AD is soft.
    Boogie is mental.

It won’t work. Have fun rationalizing this. I hope you find better use of your time. Peace..

You need to chill out.

Nuggets are now 11-2 at home. One of the toughest places to play in the league. The only team that has beaten them there since October is the Warriors. Pels took them to OT. Suffered a random turnover late off a Davis sprained ankle. Drew up a couple of sincerely terrible plays late.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Bye
    Good luck. You’ll need it

Our last 5 losses have been us blowing a double digit lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    At what point must something change?

Gentry looks like a man defeated. No the turnovers aren't on him. But the continued feeding of Cousins in the post where he turns over is a system issue.

Either Cousins is on board with changing this or he has to be moved. Even he must understand this play style does not work.

And if Gentry will not do this, he should be fired.
    You see the game.... cousin doesn't get any calls

Good luck. You’ll need it

Can't leave them when they are at their worst

Pelicans @ Nuggets

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    You need to chill out.

Nuggets are now 11-2 at home. One of the toughest places to play in the league. The only team that has beaten them there since October is the Warriors. Pels took them to OT. Suffered a random turnover late off a Davis sprained ankle. Drew up a couple of sincerely terrible plays late.
    I watched this game live. The nuggets did nothing special. No special adjustments. No 17/20 QTRS like the last game. Just a special kind of wet the bed. This is cultural. Dismiss if you will, prepare to be continually disappointed.

I’ve never been more embarrassed to root for a basketball team in my life. I don’t know how anyone with a straight face can look at this team and see anything positive. We make fun of trolls, but this is a team that is built to be trolled. We don’t have a right to tell someone they are wrong when they make fun of this team. A complete mess all the way around.

You are kinda confused.

Pels have been one of the more positive stories in the NBA so far. Just as soon as you get away from actual Pels fans who just make me SMH sometimes. A lot of you guys sound just...damaged. "Oh no! It's all over! OMG its the worst thing ever! Oh it's terrible. oh we have no chance. Oh the future is bleak! Oh! Oh! Oh!"

I mean, CALM DOWN. Wow.

team is .500, has played btw the 5th toughest schedule in the league so far. Recent article suggests Cousins has a legit interest in resigning. And the schedule is about to get a lot easier post-Christmas. You will in fact survive. It's ok. Really.

Playing for fouls hurts us. We don't get calls. That free path review was bull********, Jrue clearly a step ahead of the defence. Cousins just a walking turnover. Team looks great when Jrue is playing confident and sinking some shots, just trash when hes not going.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    You are wagering everything, including your livelihood, on hopeful domination by 2 big men...you need a single point and have the final possession...I'm utterly speechless and there needs to be some accountability addressed on the last play in regulation...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    You are kinda confused.

Pels have been one of the more positive stories in the NBA so far. Just as soon as you get away from actual Pels fans who just make me SMH sometimes. A lot of you guys sound just...damaged. "Oh no! It's all over! OMG its the worst thing ever! Oh it's terrible. oh we have no chance. Oh the future is bleak! Oh! Oh! Oh!"

I mean, CALM DOWN. Wow.

team is .500, has played btw the 5th toughest schedule in the league so far. Recent article suggests Cousins has a legit interest in resigning. And the schedule is about to get a lot easier post-Christmas. You will in fact survive. It's ok. Really.
    I don’t see it. I just don’t. I watched it.

I watched AD and Demarcus Cousins get outplayed by Trey Lyles and Mason Plumee. And it wasn’t particularly close. I watched Jrue Holiday have one of his better games of the season.... and it wasn’t enough. Against some dude named Craig, who id literally never heard of until today. This team is going to submarine basketball in this city unless we demand changes. It’s that simple.

I watched this game live. The nuggets did nothing special. No special adjustments. No 17/20 QTRS like the last game. Just a special kind of wet the bed. This is cultural. Dismiss if you will, prepare to be continually disappointed.

The Nuggets don't always have to do anything special. They don't magically become a great team at home with more skill than they have elsewhere. They magically play at 6000 feet above sea level at home and teams just start to die after a while. And you could see that with the Pels. A.D. ran out of gas in the late 3rd. So did Moore. Cousins of course had the massive foul trouble. Jrue just disappeared. of course being Jrue, you never know why on that one. Not sure the altitude can explain Gentry's late game coaching however.

On the Nuggets floor this is a tough game. In fact you go down the list of H/A splits, this is actually just about a Top 5 toughest game you can play. Spurs at home is slightly tougher. Boston, Houston and Golden State.

Should have won but an OT loss in Denver is no embarrassment. It's better than almost anybody else does. Just sucks that the Pels only have 3 games against them this year and 2 were in the altitude. Play the same team in New Orleans, and the result is different.

Can't leave them when they are at their worst
    I was there when they were 18-64 and Dan Dickau was the man.

I don’t have to prove ******** to anyone. I want basketball in New Orleans more than I want to see Boogie, AD, et al be successful. That’s all.

Last year in a huge game against Denver, you give the ball to Holiday, he takes off without the ball. Ball goes out of bounds.

This year in a huge game against Denver, you give the ball to Holiday. He hop scotches to the free throw area, puts up a highly contested fadeaway air ball.

He has shown you time and time again, the ball should NOT be in his hands at times like that. We brought in Rondo for that specific reason. Coach takes Rondo OUT of the game.

Bad coaching is holding this team back.

You see the game.... cousin doesn't get any calls
    Then you must adjust the system. You cannot continue to feed the ball inside to Cousins where he does not get calls and constantly turns the ball over.

As has become extremely evident... The good does NOT outweigh the bad. At this point everyone including players should recognize it.

Our last 5 losses we had a double digit lead that we lost because of turnovers, many (9 this game) came from Cousins on dribble drives and posts.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Last year in a huge game against Denver, you give the ball to Holiday, he takes off without the ball. Ball goes out of bounds.

This year in a huge game against Denver, you give the ball to Holiday. He hop scotches to the free throw area, puts up a highly contested fadeaway air ball.

He has shown you time and time again, the ball should NOT be in his hands at times like that. We brought in Rondo for that specific reason. Coach takes Rondo OUT of the game.

Bad coaching is holding this team back.
    And turnovers.

Thread Information