Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucks @ Pelicans

NBA Bucks @ Pelicans

First thread i made was lucky one, lets see if i can make it 2/2

Injury report:
    Davis, Nelson, Cunningham listed as day-to-day, Allen out.
    Snell, Dellavedova Out.

We need big game from Boggie tonight, and he should do it against lightweight Bucks front line.
    Lets see if Jrue and Moore can continue with good games.

I don't expect Moore to put up even half of what he did last game, but if he can give us 14-17 efficient points, and Jrue can put up 20+ while playing his usual elite defense, then I honestly think we have a real run at this.

Hopefully some of the day to day injuries clear up just to allow us a bit more room to breathe with depth, but as always, if there's any doubt as to health then keep everyone sitting. Rather lose to the Bucks now than get wrecked for 20 straight games when someone like AD gets pushed over the cliff for good.
    Basketball.

It's not related to this game at all, but I was looking at the statistics earlier today, and was interested to note that Jrue is currently averaging basically the same points (18ppg Vs 18.3ppg) and more assists, rebounds, and steals per game, and in less minutes, than Andrew Wiggins. I'm hyped to see if he can keep it up

Edit: and he's doing it on 49% from the field and 31% from 3, instead of Wiggins' 43% and 29%. Jrue Holiday > Andrew Wiggins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's not related to this game at all, but I was looking at the statistics earlier today, and was interested to note that Jrue is currently averaging basically the same points (18ppg Vs 18.3ppg) and more assists, rebounds, and steals per game, and in less minutes, than Andrew Wiggins. I'm hyped to see if he can keep it up

Edit: and he's doing it on 49% from the field and 31% from 3, instead of Wiggins' 43% and 29%. Jrue Holiday > Andrew Wiggins.

I was looking at some Jrue stats too, and there are some very interesting variations in his play.

Basically:

1) he and Cousins are oil and water. Jrue's numbers next to Cousins are terrible, and I think that's also why Cousins' +/- numbers suffer. The last game vs. Houston was encouraging in that respect at least.

2) he and Rondo = huge plus for Jrue. But some of that I think is related to #3

3) Jrue as a SG >>>> Jrue as a PG. When he's off the ball, he does great. When he's on the ball, he only does well when he's out there alone and allowed to freelance. He is no floor general, can't think about running a team and scoring at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    I was looking at some Jrue stats too, and there are some very interesting variations in his play.

Basically:

1) he and Cousins are oil and water. Jrue's numbers next to Cousins are terrible, and I think that's also why Cousins' +/- numbers suffer. The last game vs. Houston was encouraging in that respect at least.

2) he and Rondo = huge plus for Jrue. But some of that I think is related to #3

3) Jrue as a SG >>>> Jrue as a PG. When he's off the ball, he does great. When he's on the ball, he only does well when he's out there alone and allowed to freelance. He is no floor general, can't think about running a team and scoring at the same time.
    I'm hoping after being forced to play together for such extended periods against Houston, and possibly tonight as well if everyone is still out, Jrue and Cousin's will finally turn that corner together and play off each other a little better. And yeah, Jrue plus Rondo is actually a very very high quality back court. Defensive versatility, passing, some shooting (now that Jrue's shot has come back), driving, and actually pretty great rebounding too. Rondo obviously adds tons of IQ.

I hate when we play against stars. The refusal to give calls is so frustrating. Giannis already with the reach and the loose ball foul gone uncalled.

Moore with our first five, he's still awake

Moore still hot, 8 early points: he's hit 27 of his last 39 threes.

So this dude is just allowed to over peopled backs?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Jrue/Cousins having the same effect as normal

Erman needs to pack his bags

CousIns never gets back on defense after he misses a shot
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Really getting tired of Boogie's ****

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Erman needs to pack his bags
    It’s not Erman ... there’s nothing he can do when guys are hustling back on defense

Cousins is already frustrated

Cousins is getting raked every play

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Cousins is already frustrated
    That might be cause he's already been whacked in the face, and they didn't even review it.

Cousin also struggles defending the pick and roll lob to the basket

Glad to see Jameer back

Geezus Christ are they gonna slob on him all night get over it

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

why on Earth does Alvin insist on throwing out Asik/Cunninghma frontlines on a team that has both DeMarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    It’s not Erman ... there’s nothing he can do when guys are hustling back on defense
    Disagree. He continually allows the other teams best player to score at will. No adjustments

you score 32 in a quarter, you should be ahead. These defensive numbers are ridiculous.

Antetokoumpo apparently cannot foul. At all. Even if he mounts you like a horse.

that's twice now Giannis has just flat offensive fouled guys climbing their backs with no call

Thread Information