Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Bucks @ Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    i hated on moore last season... he is killing it
    Right now Moore is the Pelicans' Clint Capela. He's the roleplayer who has figured out how to play perfectly off his two superstars. He's not actually any more talented than he was -- take him off the Pels and put him on a bad team and he would go right back to invisibility. But offensively he utterly thrives in this environment/system. Some, perhaps even most, credit has to go to the coaches there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Right now Moore is the Pelicans' Clint Capela. He's the roleplayer who has figured out how to play perfectly off his two superstars. He's not actually any more talented than he was -- take him off the Pels and put him on a bad team and he would go right back to invisibility. But offensively he utterly thrives in this environment/system. Some, perhaps even most, credit has to go to the coaches there too.
    Credit all round

I don't think this team ever wants to play D though. It's really not going to change after 30 games in

Should be noted the Pels finished with 35 assists. That's a huge number. 8 for Jrue, 7 for Cousins and 7 for Nelson.

This team doesn't do anything halfway. They are either going to be one of the best or one of the worst at everything it seems.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Moore is proving he is very valuable to this team. He has high bbiq, tough defense, he hustles. His 3 point shooting is elite as far as I️ can tell. He is perfect in the starting 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Should be noted the Pels finished with 35 assists. That's a huge number. 8 for Jrue, 7 for Cousins and 7 for Nelson.

This team doesn't do anything halfway. They are either going to be one of the best or one of the worst at everything it seems.
    And no one had more than 3 turnovers other than Boogie with 9.

He can be a good passer but he my God does he throw some dumb, unforced ones

Nice win Pels!
    Moore is playing for MIP award.
    Now is Time for Denver rematch! Let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Credit all round

I don't think this team ever wants to play D though. It's really not going to change after 30 games in
    I wonder how much Solo Hill’s return can help restore the defense. Also when Hill comes back, I wonder how they’ll manage he, Moore and Miller’s minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    I wonder how much Solo Hill’s return can help restore the defense. Also when Hill comes back, I wonder how they’ll manage he, Moore and Miller’s minutes.
    Have him play the 4 with miller Nelson Moore and ad or boogie

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Moore is proving he is very valuable to this team. He has high bbiq, tough defense, he hustles. His 3 point shooting is elite as far as I️ can tell. He is perfect in the starting 5.

its looking more and more that solomon hill has no future with the team. he may be the 8th guy off the bench. at his salary that is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post

this is his likely role...

Moore and Miller are neck and neck for MIP.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Nice win Pels!
    Moore is playing for MIP award.
    Now is Time for Denver rematch! Let's go!
    Yeah and Holiday has been so much better at the 2. He seems to be more confident (knock on wood) being in more of a scoring role.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    its looking more and more that solomon hill has no future with the team. he may be the 8th guy off the bench. at his salary that is unacceptable.
    How did you even come to this conclusion?

Moore would have had a legit shot at MIP if Oladipo wasn't having the season he is having

Unfortunately, I think Hill starts at the 3 when he gets back. I'm not oppose to him playing but I like the current starting lineup but it would be good to have him take Cunningham's spot as the small ball 4 off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Unfortunately, I think Hill starts at the 3 when he gets back. I'm not oppose to him playing but I like the current starting lineup but it would be good to have him take Cunningham's spot as the small ball 4 off the bench.
    Idk I 5hink they'll bring him back slowly like usual till he's in shape but if in that time he's better coming off the bench I don't think they start him unless it's against someone luke lbj or Durant ya know

Idk I 5hink they'll bring him back slowly like usual till he's in shape but if in that time he's better coming off the bench I don't think they start him unless it's against someone luke lbj or Durant ya know

Solo strikes me as someone who will need a lot of easing back into the lineup after an extended injury layoff

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    How did you even come to this conclusion?
    logjam at position, hill would be the least offensively gifted at the three and unless he plays the 4 some he is over priced and will get little time in the rotation. i hope i am wrong.

Bucks @ Pelicans

Good win for the Pels before the road trip! I also think it would be a good thing with Solo playing the small ball 4 and taking Cunnighams minutes. It is ironic that people were complaining about the lack of depth at the SF position before the season and now people want to trade the one that was supposed to start lol.

That’s a big negative. Solo will fill a huge hole for us giving us another solid perimeter defender at the 3. not to mention allow us to be able to play with other lineups with him at the 4 effectively pushing Dante to the bench. Which is a win in itself

No one was moving to get the ball everyone was standing still

If you record the games watch it again. I watched the play over 10 times now I tend to watch more if we win when we take a L I'm usually to upset to watch over. Boogie got the ball from Rondo at the top of the key. Miller was deep in the corner. Boogie called miller up miller ran to the 45 degree spot on the wings with his hands open for the pass, boogie looked him off and made the decision to drive and then well we know the rest. And no I'm not a boogie hater probably one of his biggest supporters. But I'm not going to make excuses for him or anyone else on the team. Point is nobody was hiding like said earlier and Miller indeed tried to get the ball. Anyway good win despite 21 turnovers.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    When is solo coming back?

Moore needs to keep his starting spot when Hill returns, he is best playing off the stars drawing the attention

I think Solo first off the bench spelling Cousins or AD could actually work

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    When is solo coming back?

Target date is sometime in February

30 games in is NOT too late for the defense to get better. That stuff tends to improve gearing up to the playoffs. We are still sitting pretty.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information