Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets (Upset Time) 7pm C

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Quick question: AD, Cunningham, Allen and Ajinca are all out of your front line and Diallo STILL can't get a second of playing time? I think of him a lot like our Clint Capella. Why not give him a shot at shutting down that friggin pick-and-roll play that was killing us? What is up with that? It's like he's back at Kansas....
    His defensive IQ seems to be all time bad which I think is why he can't get time

Then again, it's not like the rest of the team has GOAT defensive IQ

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    I'm not sure what that means, but there truly is a major shift in the schedule right about Christmas. Schedule has not been brutal so far, but it's been full of tough competitive games., But starting on the 27th this is what happens:
    They turn the ball over a lot. That iq light is dim. Hopefully it turns on they and get it. The dumb turnovers stop. You know the idea light bulb??

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    His defensive IQ seems to be all time bad which I think is why he can't get time

Then again, it's not like the rest of the team has GOAT defensive IQ
    Maybe, but Capella scored like 30 points at point blank range. We needed a quicker, more explosive big to shut that play down and we left one sitting on the bench the whole game. It's not like Capella is going to burn you with his offense. Give the kid a shot! He couldn't have done any worse...

This pelicans team is literally an elite outside shooter away from being a top 4 team in the west.

Regardless of what the adjustment is, they simply MUST switch up how that pick and roll is defended. If it was just the rockets, it would be one thing, but it's not. It's a constant. If you want the big to show on the guard, great, then somebody else has to rotate behind him to pick up the big rolling to the rim. If you want the big to stay back and cut off the alley oop, fine, then you better find some way to stay in front of guys up top. But this have the big singlehandedly show on the guard then recover back to stop the roll man by himself simply is NOT working. It's not even important if it should work, the fact is it's not. So, if something is not working, at all, then logically if you are an assistant coach who doesn't want to be flipping burgers this time next year, you change your scheme until you find something that does work. It's not like you can break something when you are giving up 120pts every night anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindambition25 View Post
    This pelicans team is literally an elite outside shooter away from being a top 4 team in the west.
    They will be even without an addition, but it'd be GREAT to add one because of the health of the team. It'd also, obviously, make it so much easier for the rest of the core.

Anybody the Pelicans can add without losing any of the core?

Quote Originally Posted by Blindambition25 View Post
    Shooting isn't the problem, we can put up 110 points every night but give up 120

I'm really not upset about this. I had this game being much worse, and that was with Davis playing (In my head). To have AD, Cunningham, Nelson, and Allen all out, plus it's the second game of a back to back, against a team that has the best record in the league, to take them all the way to the fourth quarter with literally zero help from your bench, you really can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Blood View Post
    They will be even without an addition, but it'd be GREAT to add one because of the health of the team. It'd also, obviously, make it so much easier for the rest of the core.

Anybody the Pelicans can add without losing any of the core?
    I want Mirotic.
    Asik and a first for Mirotic.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I want Mirotic.
    That would put us into luxury tax

Trading Asik would leave absolutely no bigs who play in the paint (outside of Diallo)

we have like 2 elite shooters currently....Asik has been very good since coming back. We need that depth more than another shooter.

If we could shed Asik and Anijca salary for the legit big off the bench we would be a top 4 team. Just imagine a starting lineup of Rondo, Holiday, Hill, AD, and Cousins with a bench of Nelson, Moore, Miller, Tony Allen, and a Greg Monroe type big.

Also, it was a good game. The team played hard but lost short handed to a really good basketball team.
    Last edited by Topdawg26; 12-12-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbywmccarty View Post
    we have like 2 elite shooters currently....Asik has been very good since coming back. We need that depth more than another shooter.
    Asik sticks in today's game. He's slow, can't catch, zero hand eye coordination, and has no offensive moves. He's just a big and slow 7 footer that passes the ball to a guard.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I want Mirotic.
    it might be possible, and after the 15th throw in another small contract as well to dump salary/stay under the tax limit:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ic-Robin-Lopez

These next 5 games will be tough. After that, no excuse as to why they don't win twice as much as they lose.

The problems will be so obvious if they don't.

Thread Information