Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets (Upset Time) 7pm C

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    just flat ran out of gas. Will happen when you suddenly have only 5 playable bodies playing at that pace.
    Exactly. We had it until near the end, but having to play three guys for 41+ minutes, and another for 39, is a quick recipe for getting gassed out. Unfortunately that's what you have to do when you have Nelson, AD, TA, and Cunningham out.
    Basketball.

123pts

Starters: 120
    Bench: 3

this was about as close to iron man basketball as you are ever likely to see

Basketball Guru
    capela points was the difference maker.....it was a good game on a back to back....hope they carry this energy into the next game...

123pts

And I loved it. I don't even let the fact that it was a loss phase me.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Its depressing watching the way Cousins is officiated. Must be demoralising for him knowing he will get hacked all game and not get calls.

thats why his coach has to stand up for him and call the refs out and take the fine...

123pts

Miller is still better as part of the bench unit IMO

I must say I am very much enjoying the 3Twaun coming out party this season

His contract looks like a steal now

What's more frustrating than tonight's collapse is the fact that we play hard against elite teams but lose at home to the Kings

Just hover around .500 until January. Then hopefully that dim turnover machine light with come on.

Decided not to watch the game tonight. From what I can see on Twitter, we were doing things that worked and then just decided to STOP doing them. *sigh* On to the next one.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    What's more frustrating than tonight's collapse is the fact that we play hard against elite teams but lose at home to the Kings
    Yeah that really was unforgivable and will leave a bad taste for a while

123pts

That's mainly because a good number of our bench players had to start this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That's mainly because a good number of our bench players had to start this game.
    Was a strange game to choose to quote bench points

And If we had a full roster, 3Twaun da gawd wouldn't even be starting!

Let that sink in

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Just hover around .500 until January. Then hopefully that dim turnover machine light with come on.
    I'm not sure what that means, but there truly is a major shift in the schedule right about Christmas. Schedule has not been brutal so far, but it's been full of tough competitive games., But starting on the 27th this is what happens:

12/27 BKN
    12/29 DAL
    12/30 NYK
    1/3 @UTH
    1/6 @MIN
    1/8 DET
    1/10 @MEM
    1/12 POR
    1/14 @NYK
    1/16 @BOS
    1/17 @ATL
    1/20 MEM
    1/22 CHI
    1/24 @CHA
    1/26 HOU
    1/28 LAC
    1/30 SAC

there's some tough games in there, but all of a sudden you finally get a decent number of weak teams sprinkled in. Be a good time to make a little move up the standings if you can just have enough healthy bodies.

It was really close, hard to lose game like this.

I'm not sure what that means, but there truly is a major shift in the schedule right about Christmas. Schedule has not been brutal so far, but it's been full of tough competitive games., But starting on the 27th this is what happens:

12/27 BKN
    12/29 DAL
    12/30 NYK
    1/3 @UTH
    1/6 @MIN
    1/8 DET
    1/10 @MEM
    1/12 POR
    1/14 @NYK
    1/16 @BOS
    1/17 @ATL
    1/20 MEM
    1/22 CHI
    1/24 @CHA
    1/26 HOU
    1/28 LAC
    1/30 SAC

there's some tough games in there, but all of a sudden you finally get a decent number of weak teams sprinkled in. Be a good time to make a little move up the standings if you can just have enough healthy bodies.
    What's healthy bodies

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    It was really close, hard to lose game like this.
    Odd thing is, I think this actually helps the Pels. Not the losing particularly -- obviously would have helped far more to win. But this was basically the most excusable loss of the season for them, with the only competition being the back to back loss in Golden State that had idiots around here losing their mind. Basically nobody reasonably expected the Pels to even make a game of it, and they did a lot more than that while being about as shorthanded as any NBA team is ever going to get. In the lockerroom I would think this would only strengthen the feeling that they can play with anyone.

12/27 BKN
    12/29 DAL
    12/30 NYK
    1/3 @UTH
    1/6 @MIN
    1/8 DET
    1/10 @MEM
    1/12 POR
    1/14 @NYK
    1/16 @BOS
    1/17 @ATL
    1/20 MEM
    1/22 CHI
    1/24 @CHA
    1/26 HOU
    1/28 LAC
    1/30 SAC

17 games there, and only two (BOS, HOU) that you go into as a huge underdog. Every other game there is a potential win.

Odd thing is, I think this actually helps the Pels. Not the losing particularly -- obviously would have helped far more to win. But this was basically the most excusable loss of the season for them, with the only competition being the back to back loss in Golden State that had idiots around here losing their mind. Basically nobody reasonably expected the Pels to even make a game of it, and they did a lot more than that while being about as shorthanded as any NBA team is ever going to get. In the lockerroom I would think this would only strengthen the feeling that they can play with anyone.
    Exacto! Great game, they competed all the way through. AD and Dante in to help prevent Capela's catch-n-dunks, then this could have very well been a win.

I know a 20 point lead v Warriors isn't much, but it was disappointing how badly we capitulated

That Kings game doe

P.S. E'Twaun Moore = SuperStar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    P.S. E'Twaun Moore = SuperStar
    He is balling out of his brain

Has to make you wonder how much better Hill would have been too this year

Quick question: AD, Cunningham, Allen and Ajinca are all out of your front line and Diallo STILL can't get a second of playing time? I think of him a lot like our Clint Capella. Why not give him a shot at shutting down that friggin pick-and-roll play that was killing us? What is up with that? It's like he's back at Kansas....

It's like the nba should know by now Houston with harden get certain calls the rest of the nba doesn't get bc ya know eff it why not

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    AD the glass man always hurt. Dude can't stay healthy does us no good. When has he ever been healthy enough for us to be a threat?
    Not to mention your while MO is come out when c w train team is doing bad but stay away when 5eam is doing good lol go away troll

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Thread Information