Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia 76ers vs New Orleans Pelicans 12-10-2017

Rondo damn near has 20 assists
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Jrue has the basket scoped right now. He's hit five threes
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That's a horrible way to think. As a coach you must be concerned about player health when they refuse to be themselves.
    I don't know what they're thinking, obviously, I'm just speculating. Personally I think that even if that was their logic, this game is safe enough to sit him anyway now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    need this win, and at a certain point man...I mean what good is having A.D. on the roster if he never actually plays?

I would not accuse A.D. of faking anything, but I do wonder sometimes if a highly injury prone guy who is used to constantly being hurt might not feel and react to 1000 little aches and pains that more durable guys just play through without worrying too much about it
    This isn't an ache or pain. He has a diagnosised injury and he's clearly either reinjured it or isn't fully healthy.

Any idea when Hill is coming back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Any idea when Hill is coming back

Still months out.

Nah i know jrue didn't just pass it into the stands

This isn't an ache or pain. He has a diagnosised injury and he's clearly either reinjured it or isn't fully healthy.
    yeah, I know, and it's something you don't mess with

on the other hand, if you spend your life in pain, you might become a little bit of a hyperchondriac. Uhoh, I felt something...did I break again? I've tweaked that before, and it's pretty debilitating when you do. You really can't raise your leg, it almost locks on you. But A.D.'s moving pretty naturally out there.

oh, and did I mention Jrue as a PG is a disater?

Still months out.
    Wow I thought I heard December at one point . Thanks

Well it was certainly an interesting win

So who's the game MVP?
    AD, with 29/8 and 5 blocks?
    Jrue, with 34/5/4?
    Or Rondo, with 13 points, 18 assists, and 5 steals?

Good job fighting back after that terrible 3rd Quarter performance. Way to go, Cornrow Jrue!
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Wow I thought I heard December at one point . Thanks

December is for Frank Jackson, unless he's had a set back that I haven't heard about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    So who's the game MVP?
    Jrue, with 34/5/4?
    As good as Jrue was, especially in the 4th, I'd say Rondo

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    So who's the game MVP?
    Jrue, with 34/5/4?
    One of the latter two. Rondo was the best player, but Jrue was the critical one when he suddenly exploded to create the separation.

oh, and did I mention Jrue as a PG is a disater?
    Well it's a good thing Rondo and Nelson are on the roster. Jrue is killing it as a SG

One of the latter two. Rondo was the best player, but Jrue was the critical one when he suddenly exploded to create the separation.
    I'd give it to Jrue, personally. He went insane in that fourth.

yeah, I know, and it's something you don't mess with

on the other hand, if you spend your life in pain, you might become a little bit of a hyperchondriac. Uhoh, I felt something...did I break again? I've tweaked that before, and it's pretty debilitating when you do. You really can't raise your leg, it almost locks on you. But A.D.'s moving pretty naturally out there.
    On the one hand AD is a hypochondriac and on the other you've had the injury and know how debilitating it is.

Wut!?!?!

Look at AD' 's face when he left the game. He ain't faking the pain. He is playing through it. That's on the staff to sit him though.

Basketball Guru
    good game,,,good win.....

AD might not play tomorrow and the team just may play with some energy if he dont...

jrue had his philly revenge lol...

Yeah AD probably not playing in a game that'll mean more than tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Well it's a good thing Rondo and Nelson are on the roster. Jrue is killing it as a SG
    exactly

Every time he goes to PG it's just a comedy of errors. But since he's shifted over he's been much much better and had a number of big games.

On the season, before this game even, Jrue is carrying a 12.8PER as a PG, averaging 17.1pts per 48 on .482 eFG%, vs. a 17.6PER as a SG while averaging 25.2pts per 48 on a .526 eFG%.

Basically, he's a SG, which is actually ok, actually what the Pels were hoping he would be paired with Rondo. But you do have to keep Rondo or Nelson out there, because Jrue as a PG has actually become somebody who hurts you. Decisionmaking as a primary ballhandler is just ludicrous.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 12-10-2017 at 09:26 PM.

exactly

Every time he goes to PG it's just a comedy of errors. But since he's shifted over he's been much much better and had a number of big games.

On the season, before this game even, Jrue is carrying a 12.8PER as a PG, averaging 17.1pts per 48 on .482 eFG%, and a 17.6PER as a SG while averaging 25.2pts on a .526 eFG%.

Basically, he's a SG, which is actually ok, actually what the Pels were hoping he would be paired with Rondo. But you do have to keep Rondo or Nelson out there, because Jrue as a PG has actually become somebody who hurts you. Decisionmaking as a primary ballhandler is just ludicrous.
    Agreed!

On the one hand AD is a hypochondriac and on the other you've had the injury and know how debilitating it is.

Wut!?!?!

Look at AD' 's face when he left the game. He ain't faking the pain. He is playing through it. That's on the staff to sit him though.
    I played through everything, always. I once separated my left shoulder playing basketball, which is the most excruciating injury I've ever had btw -- my lord was that bad -- and played a tennis tournament the next weekend with my upper arm strapped to my side because I figured I could toss the ball on my serve from my waist, and had a one handed backhand (I'm a righty).

That's only relevant because when I say you can't play through it, I mean it. My point about the hip flexor is that no matter how tough you are, even for a relatively minor strain that clears up in a few days, it really doesn't give you an option to tough it out. If it's hurt, you are just debilitated. It's not about fighting through pain, the leg just doesn't work. So if A.D. is still out there, and still functioning, basically it's not hurt (at least not the flexor), as in injured. He might feel it, but once it gets hurt, you can't use it anymore and he'd be obviously hobbled.

Now as far as him being in pain...well, I would anticipate him not being able to go tomorrow, and that may have been the plan even before the game started. btu a game in Houston is likely an automatic loss anyway, so as long as he is not actually injured, just feels something, then there is logic to leaving him out there to secure the win you actually have a shot at getting, and then resting him through the loss that's coming anyway.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 12-10-2017 at 09:27 PM.

exactly

On the season, before this game even, Jrue is carrying a 12.8PER as a PG, averaging 17.1pts per 48 on .482 eFG%, and a 17.6PER as a SG while averaging 25.2pts on a .526 eFG%.

That's ok. Would Portland ever let McCollum run the point?

Thread Information