Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kings at Pelicans in the blender 12/8/17

Not having Rondo doesn't matter. Team has 0 awareness. When your opponent goes on a run, the coach has to drill into his team how to get a good close shot at the rim.

These dummies just keep chucking 3s no matter what. That stupidity starts at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Well gee...does anybody in the organization remember what the hell the offense looked like before Rondo got healthy? Remember those first few weeks? Gee, "rest" Rondo, restrict Davis (and have him give a real half assed effort) and what happens again? Who could have ever predicted? Except for those of us with brain stems of course.

You damage standings, trust, and team chemistry with this sort of nonsense.
    Rondo couldn't go, clearly if he's resting he needed it and Davis is coming back from injury and clearly wasn't 100%. What the heck are you expecting?

We had the lead late and had AD, Cousins, and Jrue in the game. We should have been able to put it away without Rondo. The players missed shots and Zbo went stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    And Gentry trots out the same lineup in overtime... Makes no adjustments. I know he is going to blame the players like he always do but he was terrible tonight
    Those are our best players! He trusted our big 3 and vets to win it. They didn't. What was he supposed to do Bench Jrue and Cousins?

Cousins will get ejected playing vs Embiid. They will be talking all game I'm going to bet heavy on Philly
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We had our closing lineup out there with a 7 point lead and under 3 minutes left...

This loss is on the starters.
    At best partially.

A) the starters had no floor general to control things because of the coach/organization. Back to Jrue as helpless "PG" paired with perhaps the worst performer on the roster (outside of Diallo) in the early season.

B) Cousins had to carry a ridiculous load while you are screwing around, and just flat tired out -- nice non-defensive adjustments to get the ball out of ZBo's hands after he was having the best game he's had in years too

C) they should never have been in that position anyway

Like I say this was an absolutely classic, textbook, example of how these losses happen. Absolutely textbook. My predicting the Pels were asking for it isn't me displaying any particular genius, it's me having watched the NBA for decades and knowing exactly how this happens. And this was it. YOU CRUSH BAD TEAMS EARLY, then you rest. You never, EVER, toy with them, because once the game gets short, once you have them with their confidence up, anything can happen.

Pels created their own monster tonight, and it bit them hard. If Gentry does get his ****** canned one day, I hope somebody staples the boxscore from this game to his forehead as a little going away memento.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 12-08-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Cousins defense on Randolph tonight was actually comical

Another thing missing is AD putbacks. When somebody drives (usually 1 on 3) to the rim EVERYBODY just stands and watches. Our super long athletic big does not follow them to the rim.

Why? Somebody needs to ask coach gassy.

In typical Genty fashion he blames the players. The team has no leadership. At this point can we just let Rondo be a player/coach , because Gentry has no leadership capabilities at all.

If Davis or Cousins are not playing hard then bench them until the play hard . If they are not doing what you ask them to do then bench them .

Ian Clark had a great game we didn’t see him at all in OT, Miller was playing well we didn’t see him at all.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Gentry is pissed off in this post game interview

At best partially.

A) the starters had no general to control things because of the coach/organization

B) Cousins had to carry a ridiculous load while you are screwing around, and just flat tired out -- nice non-defensive adjustments to get the ball out of ZBo's hands after he was having the best game he's had in years too

C) they should never have been in that position anyway

Like I say this was an absolutely classic, textbook, example of how these losses happen. Absolutely textbook. My predicting the Pels were asking for it isn't me displaying any particular genius, it's me having watched the NBA for decades and knowing exactly how this happens. And this was it. YOU CRUSH BAD TEAMS EARLY, then you rest. You never, EVER, toy with them, because once the game gets short, once you have them with their confidence up, anything can happen.

Pels created their own monster tonight, and it bit them hard. If Gentry does get his ****** canned one day, I hope somebody staples the boxscore from this game to his forehead as a little going away memento.
    Clearly this isn't a bad team, as you've pointed out so many times they beat Golden State. They are a young team. It's not like they don't have talent.

You combine our injuries, AD not being fully healthy, and all the sloppy play and it made for a bad game.

I'm sure Gentry would do some things differently if he could go back, but a 7 point lead with ~3 left and your big 3 in the game should be a win. Heck, if Jrue's shot at the end stays down it's a win.

I just don't see how anyone can be furious with Gentry and not be even more pissed at the players.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Gentry is pissed off in this post game interview
    A bit late. That's the coach's version of fake hustle.

Basketball Guru
    i blame this one on the snow...

The lazy passes, once again, bite them in the ******. After damn near 30 games you can't fix this?

Those are our best players! He trusted our big 3 and vets to win it. They didn't. What was he supposed to do Bench Jrue and Cousins?
    Jrue was playing hard. Cousins had at least 8 turnovers and played no defense all night . I have no doubts that Genty is trying to get Cousins to play defense and be smarter with the ball but if he isn’t listening then put him on the bench.

In typical Genty fashion he blames the players. The team has no leadership. At this point can we just let Rondo be a player/coach , because Gentry has no leadership capabilities at all.

If Davis or Cousins are not playing hard then bench them until the play hard . If they are not doing what you ask them to do then bench them .

Ian Clark had a great game we didn’t see him at all in OT, Miller was playing well we didn’t see him at all.
    Outside of Pop what coach in the NBA benches their best player/s in crunchtime and still has a job?

We just saw what happened to Memphis when a coach does that. Gasol went over his head and got him fired.

You ride or die with your top players. If they're off, ok fine, it sucks you're pissed, but you play your best.

Could you imagine the meltdown if we pulled AD and Cousins and lost the game? Everyone would be calling for. Gentry to be fired for being so stupid to not play them.

Glad we thought we were the spurs tonight tho and rested our starting point guard even tho it wasn't a back to back. Smart

Clearly this isn't a bad team, as you've pointed out so many times they beat Golden State.
    Well, let's be clear here though: they "beat" Golden State for the exact same reasons they "beat" the Pels. Golden State was arrogant, screwed around. "rested" it's main ballhandler and MVPs, and said, hey, we can beat these guys with Dray and Klay and the name "Warriors". And they paid for it.

To make the same mistake when you are a franchise that isn't even a pimple on Golden State's arse is just asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Glad we thought we were the spurs tonight tho and rested our starting point guard even tho it wasn't a back to back. Smart
    Calling it rest could mean anything. It could be rest because he has a slight injury. It's clear he needed it otherwise he would have played. The season is a lot longer than 1 game in December.

Well, let's be clear here though: they "beat" Golden State for the exact same reasons they "beat" the Pels. Golden State was arrogant, screwed around. "rested" it's main ballhandler and MVPs, and said, hey, we can beat these guys with Dray and Klay and the name "Warriors". And they paid for it.

To make the same mistake when you are a franchise that isn't even a pimple on Golden State's arse is just asinine.
    The same mistake of being up by 7 with 3 left? We had the win in the bag and our BIG 3 dropped the ball.

This is NOTHING like the Warriors loss. Rondo should not be the difference between a win and a loss tonight. He just shouldn't. It's just ****ing asinine to sit here and pretend resting him was the difference.

Our players **** the bed with the lead late in the game. This blood is on our Big 3s hand. They were ALL in the game when it happened.

Outside of Pop what coach in the NBA benches their best player/s in crunchtime and still has a job?

We just saw what happened to Memphis when a coach does that. Gasol went over his head and got him fired.

You ride or die with your top players. If they're off, ok fine, it sucks you're pissed, but you play your best.

Could you imagine the meltdown if we pulled AD and Cousins and lost the game? Everyone would be calling for. Gentry to be fired for being so stupid to not play them.
    How can a coach hold his players accountable? I’m just going to sit here and keep losing while ignoring the fact my star players aren’t playing defense and giving the ball away every other posssion .

It’s gentry job to win games , not coddle grown men . If he feels like he can’t hold his players accountable then he needs to go because he does us no good .

And Memphis made a terrible mistake by doing that.

How can a coach hold his players accountable? I’m just going to sit here and keep losing while ignoring the fact my star players aren’t playing defense and giving the ball away every other posssion .

It’s gentry job to win games , not coddle grown men . If he feels like he can’t hold his players accountable then he needs to go because he does us no good .

And Memphis made a terrible mistake by doing that.
    It's a player's league. Gentry would be fired tomorrow if he had benched AD and Cousins to close the game and lost. At some point you have to trust your "2 of the top 20 players in the league" to get the win.

Nothing to say about this loss. It just sucks. You're up 8 with 2:30 in regulation playing lethargic and then the Kings cut it to 3 and then you just play frantic and out of control for the the rest of them game scratching your head abouthow you let them back in to the game. There was no leadership and accountability on the court for NOP tonight and they paid for it. I don't think Rondo is going to fix that either. This team needs a new coach. It's a 7th or 8th seed at best without a new coach.

This franchise is an absolute joke ... It’s hard to take this team seriously and the product of the floor is is pretty much a reflection of the lack of leadership and accountability from the ownership , GM , & coach.

No is expecting this team to win titles but losing basketball games because your players aren’t interested and are not playing hard is unacceptable and I just want to see some accountability from someone within the organization.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What are you talking about, Buck? No one ever has any answers. They can tell you we need to fire whomever, trade whomever...but for who? What direction do they want going forward?

Pfft. That'd be putting their opinions out there for scrutiny. And no one wants to ever be wrong about something on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Why all the Complaining?
    If it’s all Bad why not go find another team to support.
    All you guys do is Bitcch and Bitcch every game win or lose.
    It’s the same Cry Baby’s with all the answers.
    Go find a team that has a history of winning and support them.
    You guys are Pathetic.
    Alvin Gentry is a career loser we know that.
    DC NBA career loser we know that.
    AD NBA career loser we know that.
    Nothing is going to change.
    So Accept it
    All you do is count 10 games at a time, say AD should be traded, then complain about us, how about you find a new team!
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Thread Information