Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kings at Pelicans in the blender 12/8/17

Sampson with that LeBron beard going. And holy moly jrue drew the foul

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Our commentators said we’re “just killing the kings, up by 6 at the half...” wtf lol
    RIP FlyGirl

How come so many right handers love to drive left and finish left?

I should know, I always default dribbling left when I play and I'm a righty

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    No, but their is unearned arrogance on display here.

Yes, let's "rest" Rondo. And start Clark, who has been awful. And hey, even with Cousins and Davis available, let's just play neither and have Asik out there alone. And hey, why not sub out Holiday too, so all three of the guys who can create their own offense are out at the same time. Why not? After all, it's just the Kings.

Last week the Warriors arroganted themselves right into a loss with this same Kings squad. Last game LeBron had to wake up and hero the Cavs to a come from behind victory because they were doing the same nonsense. Screw around enough, and you can make a game out of what should not be here.
    Unearned arrogance? Exactly WHEN should we work on other lineups if not against Sacramento?

AD gets banged up, resting him and Cousins while taking time to work on lineups that we might need later in the season is a GOOD thing.

Asik is going to be key moving forward especially with Ajinca likely out for the season. It just makes sense to get lineups with just him in there during meaningful minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Unearned arrogance? Exactly WHEN should we work on other lineups if not against Sacramento?

AD gets banged up, resting him and Cousins while taking time to work on lineups that we might need later in the season is a GOOD thing.

Asik is going to be key moving forward especially with Ajinca likely out for the season. It just makes sense to get lineups with just him in there during meaningful minutes.
    You work on "other lineups" in garbagetime, after you beat the team down in front of you. You don't risk never getting to that garbagetime by pumping your opponents up with false courage and letting them hang around until, oops!

Pelicans aren't that good, or close to it. Golden State absolutely deserved to lose because of their arrogance, and they did. But it hardly mattered. They'll be a top seed regardless. But the Pels are going to be in a dogfight for playoff positioning all season. Every single game matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Our commentators said we’re “just killing the kings, up by 6 at the half...” wtf lol
    fairly certain it was said with plenty of sarcasm
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    You work on "other lineups" in garbagetime, after you beat the team down in front of you. You don't risk never getting to that garbagetime by pumping your opponents up with false courage and letting them hang around until, oops!

Pelicans aren't that good, or close to it. Golden State absolutely deserved to lose because of their arrogance, and they did. But it hardly mattered. They'll be a top seed regardless. But the Pels are going to be in a dogfight for playoff positioning all season. Every single game matters.
    Garbage time isn't meaningful minutes. These are all NBA players. If you can trust them to play minutes for you then why are they on your roster? Ian Clark and Asik are vets.

Both need the run and showing trust in them isn't a bad thing.

Beautiful pass there by jrue

great pass Jrue

Jrue has been pretty darn good lately...

That AD guy too....

Boy AD did not look happy coming out. Lol

Couldn't see what boogie said after that foul but whatever it was had holtkamp chuckling

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Jrue has been pretty darn good lately...
    yes indeedy

The NBA seriously needs to change the 3 point line when Zbo is out there stroking it. Lol

Pels better quit screwing around.

Gentry needs to learn how to call time outs on time, not after the other team has already made it's run.

And most of all, if ZBo is going to have a ridiculous flashback game and match Boogie point for point, either Jrue or A.D. better wake the f up and help out.

These things are called trap games for a reason.

Last 3 of the 3rd, no AD or Cousins or Jrue. Asik + Clark in. Pels scored 7 Sac scored 6.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 12-08-2017 at 08:46 PM.

Jameer welcoming the break there haha

Man Miller's stroke has looked pure.

Cousins looks tired. His shots have been short.

Yeah Cousins needed to come out he looked exhausted.

AD clearly isn't 100%.

I know AD isn't 100% but geez.... Lol.

I don’t know who is playing worst on Defense Cousins or Davis
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

we need to go to AD on every play he has vince carter on him man wtf
    SIGN A SF

Thread Information