Pelicans Report

Thread: When will Alvin Gentry get Fired

Banned

When will Alvin Gentry get Fired

As this season starts to progress towards the half way mark of 41 games.
    What is the future of the ball club?
    Many unknowns are approaching
    1- DC will he stay or go? If the season starts to collapse when do we trade him? Because we know he is gone if this team don't make the playoffs.
    2- If we are slipping fast do we Fire Alvin Gentry in season? And when is the best time in order to stay a contender in the playoff race?
    This is something of discussion that needs to be addressed for this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    As this season starts to progress towards the half way mark of 41 games.
    What is the future of the ball club?
    Many unknowns are approaching
    1- DC will he stay or go? If the season starts to collapse when do we trade him? Because we know he is gone if this team don't make the playoffs.
    2- If we are slipping fast do we Fire Alvin Gentry in season? And when is the best time in order to stay a contender in the playoff race?
    This is something of discussion that needs to be addressed for this franchise.
    Alvin will have his contract extended for ten more years and inherit the team from Tom B. Embrace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Alvin will have his contract extended for ten more years and inherit the team from Tom B. Embrace him.
    LMAO! At this rate, I could see that happening. Dude can't get fired for anything.
    RIP FlyGirl

If anyone should be fired, it should be Darren Erman. The weakness of this team is missed defensive assignments and transition defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by R Pelly View Post
    If anyone should be fired, it should be Darren Erman. The weakness of this team is missed defensive assignments and transition defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IDK, something has to be going on. He turned that ragtag group last year into a top 10 defense.

I have to imagine it is an issue of focusing so much on the offense that the defense is lagging. The opposite of the focus from last season.

But either way, to take that next step and really cement a playoff spot we need to improve. I know we are limited with Moore and Miller as our rotating anchors at the small forward(and some past his prime Allen), but the team defense itself is off so much. Jrue started strong but he has fallen back into his streaky defensive ways.

Of course something is going on. We lost our best perimeter defender from last year to injury, while adding Cousins who is talented enough to make defensive plays but doesn't do it consistently.

Stop blaming the coaches for everything.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 12-07-2017 at 08:06 AM.

Ya, I do not like Gentry, but not all of the bad defense is on the coach. It is hard to find great offensive players that care to play hard defense anymore. Even the greats like Lebron lets someone walk past him for a layup sometimes. I think it has to do more with being tired, than not wanting to play good defense.

Thread Information