Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Nuggets @ Pelicans

One of the most embarrassing flops by a big man I've seen in awhile.

Biggest flop ever

Boogie wanted that 40/20 game so bad lol glad he got it

Why can't you keep your arms in the air?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Why can't you keep your arms in the air?
    You can. You just can't turn around and elbow a player in the head while doing it.

this Pels franchise seems unusually focused on getting players those milestone marks on their homecourt Long as nobody gets hurt it's ok, but looks a bit silly after a while.

cool that Boogie's keeping the Santa Cuz thing going in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    It's gotten to the point where I'd rather watch Asik play basketball than Cousins
    Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Boogie is really bad at basketball
    Cousins: 40pts (12-25 2-6 14-21) 22reb 4ast 0stl 4blk 5TO; Pels win

insight

Revenge wins are the best wins. We gotta be ready for them in 9 days though, on their court. Need to beat the Thunder/Jazz/Nuggets in the season series to control our fate.

Jrue doing great things considering how bad his 3 ball has been. Finding ways to score.

Moore has been impressive.

Rondo is a great floor general.

Nice to see Asik doing good things on D and grabbing every other rebound in his vicinity.

Darius has really given us another legitimate player, so happy for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post

insight
    here's a good way to put it

when i made those posts he was playing like a moron and trying to dribble through the entire defense leading to turnovers and points for Denver. great 2nd half for him tho

If you move Boogie it better be in return for a star player, or you aren't getting fair value.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Revenge wins are the best wins. We gotta be ready for them in 9 days though, on their court. Need to beat the Thunder/Jazz/Nuggets in the season series to control our fate.

Jrue doing great things considering how bad his 3 ball has been. Finding ways to score.

Nice to see Asik doing good things on D and grabbing every other rebound in his vicinity.

I’ve been eating a lot of crow from Darius Miller. He’s a solid 3 pt shooter and nba player. Also, I think we have some more gold with Rondo and Nelson running each unit. It’s such a treat to have two capable PGs that can lead a team with a high bball IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post

insight
    Boogie is awesome. He and AD are two great players with awesome chemistry. I just wish he wasn’t so lazy on defense and transition.

Post of the season! A rational and very realistic view of the situation.

Good win tonight. Boogie dominated, and I liked that he got most his points from around the basket instead of shooting a ton of threes. I really hope Jrue can play like this with AD back. He could be that 3rd guy plus Miller on the wing hitting 3s. Watch out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me biggest difference is Holidays approach. Last few games he's shown the the aggressive, scorer's mentality we need from our starting two-guard. Key to this has been embracing that he is not, and is unlikely to become, a catch and shoot guard like Gordon or Klay Thompson. He's an old school mid-ranger, who can penetrate the lane and shoot some from beyond the arc. So, analytics be damned, let him play his game. That's what you signed up for and it's paying dividends. I just hope he keeps it up when AD returns.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    To me biggest difference is Holidays approach. Last few games he's shown the the aggressive, scorer's mentality we need from our starting two-guard. Key to this has been embracing that he is not, and is unlikely to become, a catch and shoot guard like Gordon or Klay Thompson. He's an old school mid-ranger, who can penetrate the lane and shoot some from beyond the arc. So, analytics be damned, let him play his game. That's what you signed up for and it's paying dividends. I just hope he keeps it up when AD returns.
    Jrue has been playing really well lately attacking the basket. I think that's the biggest thing he's learned he can do this season. Whether it's cutting to the hoop or driving around a pick, he's really grown his game finishing around the rim.

It probably helps that on every pick and roll the defender and his helper crash on Cousins/AD. But Jrue has also finished in traffic well too.

Jrue's play to end the 1st quarter (and tie the game) was one of the most athletic plays I've seen from anyone all year... yet it didn't make a single highlight reel.

yeah! you forgot to add great screens by Asik

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Jrue has been playing really well lately attacking the basket. I think that's the biggest thing he's learned he can do this season. Whether it's cutting to the hoop or driving around a pick, he's really grown his game finishing around the rim.

It probably helps that on every pick and roll the defender and his helper crash on Cousins/AD. But Jrue has also finished in traffic well too.
    yeah and that play to finish the quarter was outstanding! I am too lazy to check the stats but it seems he is turning the ball over less too

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    It's getting to the point now I want him on the court a lot
    Same here He is making the game easier for others with his defence, rebounds and screens and most of all some rest for DC and hopefully for AD soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

No doubt Cousins/AD helps free him up. But it looks like both Jrue and the Pels staff have decided to let him play his natural game off the bounce. Hey, it's worked pretty well for DeMar DeRozan, another big California guard whose made multiple All-Star appearances despite a sub-30% lifetime average from the 3-point line...

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy View Post
    Jrue's play to end the 1st quarter (and tie the game) was one of the most athletic plays I've seen from anyone all year... yet it didn't make a single highlight reel.
    It's a chronic problem for our team. AD, Boogie, and to a lesser extent Jrue, have these highlights plays basically every time they step on the court, yet they're very infrequently on any highlight reels. Meanwhile, Curry can shoot a moderately deep three, or Harden can pull off a mediocre step back and be on everyone's list.
    Basketball.

Thread Information