Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Warriors at Pelicans in the blender 12/4/17

Dude! Reports Cousins made his way in the back and found KD. Some type of scuffle happened. Doors closed. Security had to break it up.

I'm buying a Cousins jersey now. KD acting tough, Cousins checks him.

https://twitter.com/morganbeard/stat...85909692878848

Just gotta say, F the dubs and their bandwagon fans. I hope Curry broke his ankle and Durant got his nose broke.

That would be awesome. Says “almost-altercation” though. Doesn’t sound like they actually fought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    https://twitter.com/morganbeard/stat...85909692878848

Just gotta say, F the dubs and their bandwagon fans. I hope Curry broke his ankle and Durant got his nose broke.
    Is Cousins trying to get himself suspended and fined? Or....
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Is Cousins trying to get himself suspended and fined? Or....
    If he managed to knock out that fake ****** Durant, I would be fine with it.

Durant is either Gloating or Crying. And he will never change.

Durant is such a **********

Here's a re-enactment of Cousins v Durant after the game

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Dude! Reports Cousins made his way in the back and found KD. Some type of scuffle happened. Doors closed. Security had to break it up.

I'm buying a Cousins jersey now. KD acting tough, Cousins checks him.
    How is this a good thing for us ? If he fights him he gets suspended and now we have no Cousins or Davis .
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    How is this a good thing for us ? If he fights him he gets suspended and now we have no Cousins or Davis .
    But we still have Asik the +/- beast

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    If you haven't noticed I'm just angry and don't care about the future right now. I just want dubs blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    This game was a must WIN at Home.
    ???

There was a time, back in the mists of history, when a young Sacramento team was up and coming, even had an injury prone All NBA PF. But as talented as they were, and they were talented, they kept on running into a gigantic dynastic roadblock in the Shaq and Kobe Lakers. And thing was, those Kings were talented, but there was a hint of softness about them. The Lakers kept smacking them around and the Kings seemed to be intimidated. But then one offseason they went out and signed in scrappy defensive guards in Bobby Jackson and Doug Christie, they traded for a major clutch shooting PG in Mike Bibby, eventually they would sprinkle in tough defensive minded vets like Jim Jackson or baked ones like Keon Clark. And a funny thing happened. You could see the worm turning before they actually began to scare the Lakers. First thing they did was start to compete. To get chippy. There were scuffles, a lot of chatter, and finally by 2002 they were ready. They weren't scared anymore and the result was an epic showdown in the WCF that's still replayed all the time on NBATV.

Now I am certainly not predicting any such thing so soon here. But I do think the cumulative effect of adding in so many tough vets and competitive chippy/edgy guys to a team that (sorry) was very soft and downtrodden and headed by a quiet softish looking superstar, has been to stiffen the team up. And it's not even that the vets or chippy/fiery guys lead the team in play every night. It's just that they make it hard for the team to look down at it's shoelaces and say yessir may I have another. If you saw the Pels out there tonight and thought they looked intimidated, you need to get your eyes checked. And competing is always where it starts. I think that kind of fighting spirit will eventually serve this team well after it figures out a lot of stuff, and gets back A.D. Still so messy, but rarely an easy out.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 12-04-2017 at 10:42 PM.

I was a huge Kings fan back in the Bibby/Christie/Divac/Stojakovic/Turkoglu/Webber days. What a time to be alive.

A bunch of fake tough guys (especially durant and green) with one tough dude (west) who get away with everything. Nice when someone checks them. Hopefully the pels can come closer and now play with some toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    But we still have Asik the +/- beast
    Honestly I've been really impressed with Asik. Moving well out there, making the right defensive slides out of pick n rolls, keeping guys off the glass. Might not be such a given to use up a 1st to trade him away and lessen the value of that pick.

I honestly think this team eats popcorn and plays video games at halftime. Gentry wants his guys to unwind and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Honestly I've been really impressed with Asik. Moving well out there, making the right defensive slides out of pick n rolls, keeping guys off the glass. Might not be such a given to use up a 1st to trade him away and lessen the value of that pick.
    I can't see him being traded with that 1st TBH. He's actually useful despite the awful contract which is expiring next season anyway

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I honestly think this team eats popcorn and plays video games at halftime. Gentry wants his guys to unwind and have fun.
    Possibly, but if you've been watching the league this year that 3rd quarter was no surprise. Golden State is on pace to set a record, BY FAR, for biggest margin of victory in a quarter this season with how they have done in third quarters. they've just been ridiculously explosive all year in them. And I seriously think they are just as deadly as ever, but they have grown sloppy and entitled and basically can't get it up to play every night. So they waddle about in first halves, get a talking too, come out focused for the 3rd and try to get it all back, and then most of the time hang on to win. Which is pretty much what we saw this time.

It's actually a lot like what we've seen out of other dynastic teams and semi-dynastic teams over the years. The Lakers go to this point, so did the Pistons (twice). Miami got sloppy near the end of it's run. The Bulls never did with MJ driving them, but they might well have if he hadn't have taken a couple of years off to go gamble and play little league.

85 points

you just gave up 85 points in a span of 24 minutes

that should be unacceptable... no matter what team was on the other side of the court
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I can't see him being traded with that 1st TBH. He's actually useful despite the awful contract which is expiring next season anyway
    Unfortunately he has a player option to add another year after next season, which of course he surely will.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    85 points

you just gave up 85 points in a span of 24 minutes

that should be unacceptable... no matter what team was on the other side of the court
    Was "only" 76.

Thing is, as I've mentioned before, other teams aren't doing much better. Minny lost tonight to Memphis, in a game in which KAT was such a nonfactor that people started speculating he might be traded. Denver got blown out by DALLAS. A tough chippy hardfought loss to the Warriors is hardly the most embarrassing result of the night, no matter how it came about.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 12-04-2017 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Was "only" 76.

Thing is, as I've mentioned before, other teams aren't doing much better. Minny lost tonight to Memphis, in a game in which KAT was such a nonfactor that people started speculating he might be traded. Denver got blown out by DALLAS. A tough chippy hardfought loss to the Warriors is hardly the most embarrassing result of the night, no matter how it came about.
    my bad... for some reason I had 60-40 as the halftime score... just double-checked and saw it was 69-49

still... un-freaking-acceptable

edit: and right now what's really aggravating me is the fact that we've played GSW 3 times this season. ALL 3 the Pelicans had a double digit lead in. All 3 the Warriors came back easily

I'm sick of GSW seeing the Pelicans as the team that they test to see how far down they can get and still come back and win going away

it's infuriating

edit: that's 3.2 points per minute in the 2nd half

essentially 2 buckets a minute in the 2nd half
    Last edited by rt0307; 12-04-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Possibly, but if you've been watching the league this year that 3rd quarter was no surprise. Golden State is on pace to set a record, BY FAR, for biggest margin of victory in a quarter this season with how they have done in third quarters. they've just been ridiculously explosive all year in them. And I seriously think they are just as deadly as ever, but they have grown sloppy and entitled and basically can't get it up to play every night. So they waddle about in first halves, get a talking too, come out focused for the 3rd and try to get it all back, and then most of the time hang on to win. Which is pretty much what we saw this time.

It's actually a lot like what we've seen out of other dynastic teams and semi-dynastic teams over the years. The Lakers go to this point, so did the Pistons (twice). Miami got sloppy near the end of it's run. The Bulls never did with MJ driving them, but they might well have if he hadn't have taken a couple of years off to go gamble and play little league.
    I'm calling BS. I saw a Pelicans team completely forget how to move without the basketball. Everybody starts chucking threes. Jrue abandons everything that got him damn near 30 in the 1st half and hides in a corner. Cousins shoots a fade away 1 on 3. And as good as Golden St. might be out of the 3rd quarter, the Pelicans have been just as bad. Nothing new for them and I just about expected it. I didn't see Golden St. do anything differently to cause the Pelicans stupidity. They do the same out of timeouts.

Unfortunately he has a player option to add another year after next season, which of course he surely will.
    This is false. After next season at ~$10mil, his contract is only partially guaranteed for $3mil. So essentially he will be on an expiring contract next season. Also forgot to add he's been great with setting good screens.

Thread Information