Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Warriors at Pelicans in the blender 12/4/17

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Unfortunately he has a player option to add another year after next season, which of course he surely will.
    No, it's a partially guaranteed year 5 of 3 mil

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'm calling BS. I saw a Pelicans team completely forget how to move without the basketball. Everybody starts chucking threes. Jrue abandons everything that got him damn near 30 in the 1st half and hides in a corner. Cousins shoots a fade away 1 on 3. And as good as Golden St. might be out of the 3rd quarter, the Pelicans have been just as bad. Nothing new for them and I just about expected it. I didn't see Golden St. do anything differently to cause the Pelicans stupidity. They do the same out of timeouts.
    that might be, but it's a funny thing how many teams have magically grown stupid as the Warriors have poured it on in the third quarter this year.

Composure and staying in what they do are some of the things the Pels definitely need to work on. But competing is not. The Warriors came racing back in ridiculous fashion, and the Pels did not wilt. They fought back, pushed it out, saw it shrink again, pushed it out, and it was still winnable against a non-Warriors level team with 3 minutes to go.

Trying to spin this game as some sort of great negative is just entirely unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    This is false. After next season at ~$10mil, his contract is only partially guaranteed for $3mil. So essentially he will be on an expiring contract next season. Also forgot to add he's been great with setting good screens.
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    No, it's a partially guaranteed year 5 of 3 mil
    my bad, and good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    my bad, and good to know

So when does Cousins get some blame? Terrible shots/forces a ton of turnovers and the Pels were a -32 with him on the floor.

I only watched the first half. Was at work.
    Can someone fill me in on why we got beaten?
    Other than the obvious, GS started trying.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I only watched the first half. Was at work.
    Can someone fill me in on why we got beaten?
    Other than the obvious, GS started trying.

Thanks
    If you watched the first half you saw that we had a crazy run where we couldn't miss a shot. Even Rondo was pulling up with confidence. Well... we couldn't make anything in the 2nd half, and they couldn't miss. Curry went apesh%t and made some crazy 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    If you watched the first half you saw that we had a crazy run where we couldn't miss a shot. Even Rondo was pulling up with confidence. Well... we couldn't make anything in the 2nd half, and they couldn't miss. Curry went apesh%t and made some crazy 3s.
    Curry didn't make any crazy threes, he just made Curry threes. I can't remember the last time he launched a shot from anywhere and I didn't think it was going in

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Basically this.

A lot of people want to blame Gentry but the truth is, the Warriors went nuclear from 3. They hit something like 16 of 20 in the 2nd half. They live by just getting insanely hot. On the other side our players went ice cold to start the 3rd then couldn't keep up with the shooting pace that the warriors had.

Basketball Guru
    man watching the pelicans play against GS in the 1st half in all 3 games made me think that we were the defending champs lol....we just have a Jekyll and hyde team...

now i do think gentry out coached himself by leaving cousins in too long at the start of the 3rd and not going with his small ball lineup against GS....GS match up against cousin with mcgee and i didnt see cousins post up or tried to get anything in the paint against mcgee....jrue couldnt get into the lane against mcgee and green because there was no spacing.......

when GS made that 3rd period run,,gentry should have taken cousins out and went small so GS could try and match by taking mcgee out so jrue could have continual attacking the rim on curry....jrue and rondo played good defensive against KD..jrue stayed in front of KD when he tried to drive...KD couldnt dribble that much because they were trying to get steals from him....nelson was the one KD got his on...... going small was our winner this game,,we just didnt stay with it...moore had a good game in the small lineup....

in all 3 games this season against GS,,klay was the ex-factor..he did it to us with some 3s in key moments in all 3 games....

We played a good scrappy game agst golden state. We have a problem with turnovers late in the 4th during close games, and dumb plays like fouling a player while shooting 3. Game/momentum turned around at the end of the 2nd quarter, I told a friend that GS was going to come out and make a run. We were up by 23. Cousins makes a great pass into Tony Allen who got blocked on a layup then he fouls curry while shooting a 3. I think the 3rd would of been a little different if Allen makes the layup and Curry does not get that foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Basically this.

A lot of people want to blame Gentry but the truth is, the Warriors went nuclear from 3. They hit something like 16 of 20 in the 2nd half. They live by just getting insanely hot. On the other side our players went ice cold to start the 3rd then couldn't keep up with the shooting pace that the warriors had.
    We went cold both offense and defense. It is on Gentry. He didn't adjust the game plan at all. He is not a game manager.

Quote Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
    We went cold both offense and defense. It is on Gentry. He didn't adjust the game plan at all. He is not a game manager.
    Yeah. I'm sure Gentry's game plan was, go ice cold from the field and watch as the Warriors shoot 16 for 20 from 3pt in the 2nd half.

Its the easiest cop out ever to blame the coach but the Warriors have done this ALL YEAR. Is every coach in the NBA not adjusting their game plan when the Warriors average outscoring their opponents by almost 20 points in the 3rd qtr?

Or Maybe, JUST MAYBE the players on the court have just the smallest impact on what is happening, you know... On the court.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I’m very impressed with our team. There’s so much potential.

The warriors made adjustments on defense in the second half that hurt us. Our team relies on ball movement. The warriors really limited our offense by putting Durant on rondo and playing phenomenal off the ball defense. Our offense became stagnant and we hesitated. We didn’t even get open shots for most of the 3rd. Our transition defense isn’t good enough to stop them. We need to start running back to set up defense as soon as we shoot the ball. At least do this for most of the 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    We played a good scrappy game agst golden state. We have a problem with turnovers late in the 4th during close games, and dumb plays like fouling a player while shooting 3. Game/momentum turned around at the end of the 2nd quarter, I told a friend that GS was going to come out and make a run. We were up by 23. Cousins makes a great pass into Tony Allen who got blocked on a layup then he fouls curry while shooting a 3. I think the 3rd would of been a little different if Allen makes the layup and Curry does not get that foul.
    Allen fouled Curry twice in the first half when shooting 3's. Don't tell me that dumb old **** did it again to start the 3rd?

He needs to be on the bench and Clark needs to get his minutes.

Banned
    Release Alvin Gentry if they lose Wednesday and Friday.
    Promote Darren Erman Head Coach for the rest of the season.

Forgot to post this last night but I talked to AD's dad as we were leaving the game and he said AD would play Friday

The Warriors haven't been just doing this all season, they've been doing this before they got Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Forgot to post this last night but I talked to AD's dad as we were leaving the game and he said AD would play Friday
    That's insane.

I was sure he was gone for weeks if not longer

That's insane.

I was sure he was gone for weeks if not longer
    Yea if this is true, great news. As long as he's returning fully healthy and not risking further injury.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mickstape...82247927885824

Boogie still after KD lol.
    Can't make out what he says though.

LOL

Lmao! Someone in the comments claims that was last year. Still funny as hell.
    RIP FlyGirl

LOL
    What does he say?

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Lmao! Someone in the comments claims that was last year. Still funny as hell.
    What does he say?

Thread Information