Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Warriors at Pelicans in the blender 12/4/17

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Cousins gives up another 3
    Cousins is a 6'11" 270lb center. Tasking him with stopping Steph Curry and Nick Young at the 3pt line, or having to protect the rim and recover all the way out to the top of the ciurcle for a Draymond 3pt shot is ridiculous. I would go so far as to say there has never been a 270lb center in history who could have success at that.

Gentry is a great offensive mind ...but he is an assistant coach . This team is so mentally weak and can’t handle adversity. We all knew the warriors we are going to make a run and we didn’t handle it well .
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Told my wife that the 20 point half time lead will be a 10 point loss...

So freakin predictable. Their coach adapted.. ours sucks.

Twas fun while it lasted

Curry injured. Couldn't happen to a better guy except Durant and Draymond.

Hope it's broke for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Cousins is a 6'11" 270lb center. Tasking him with stopping Steph Curry and Nick Young at the 3pt line, or having to protect the rim and recover all the way out to the top of the ciurcle for a Draymond 3pt shot is ridiculous. I would go so far as to say there has never been a 270lb center in history who could have success at that.
    He has no problems with chucking up 3s ... he needs to go out there and defend Green and not give him uncontested 3s

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    When he has draymond to back him up.

He's a coward that is riding coattails.
    "Hold me back Dray! Hold me back Dray!" Give me a break.

Gentry is a great offensive mind ...but he is an assistant coach . This team is so mentally weak and can’t handle adversity. We all knew the warriors we are going to make a run and we didn’t handle it well .
    The Warriors are averaging outscoring their opponents by 20 in the 3rd this season.

Is every team and coach mentally weak?

He has no problems with chucking up 3s ... he needs to go out there and defend Green and not give him uncontested 3s
    Again you're being ridiculous.

Just not guarding Dray on a three would be one thing. but not guarding Dray because you are the only big and have to trail Steph Curry on a drive inside to prevent a layup, and then recover 20 feet outside to challenge the 3pt shot on the kickout is ridiculous. He can't defend both ends of the play at once. Basically can't be done whether your name is Cousins, Drummond, Asik or anybody else that size.

Durant 3 ejections in last 18 games. 9nly had 2 in his first 810 games.

He has become draymond green.

Durant 3 ejections in last 18 games. 9nly had 2 in his first 810 games.

He has become draymond green.
    Trying too hard to prove he's not a beta.

Only further proving, he is a beta.

The Warriors are averaging outscoring their opponents by 20 in the 3rd this season.

Is every team and coach mentally weak?
    What does that have to do with constantly giving up leads and not closing out opponents.. and your two best players getting ejected in back to back home games ?

I lovie Boogie. I hope he is in the long term plans.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Everyone should know by now. If Jrue goes off, we are going to lose...

What does that have to do with constantly giving up leads and not closing out opponents.. and your two best players getting ejected in back to back home games ?
    The Warriors do this to everyone.

Both teams made the same amount of 2- and 3-pointers. Warriors made 19 free throws while Pels made 9.
    RIP FlyGirl

Everyone should know by now. If Jrue goes off, we are going to lose...
    Yep. I hate that it’s beem that way. Such a waste of a good game by him.

This was always a loss. Actually notching the L doesn't change that.

But the team does fight. Flawed, goes on big runs, and terrible ones. Most of the team seems affected by colorblindness, making it difficult to pass to the right team. But it does not go gentle into that good night. The schedule softens up after Christmas, if A.D. can come back and actually stay back, and if they stay together, they still should be in the thick of things eventually.

This was always a loss. Actually notching the L doesn't change that.

But the team does fight. Flawed, goes on big runs, and terrible ones. Most of the team seems affected by colorblindness, making it difficult to pass to the right team. But it does not go gentle into that good night. The schedule softens up after Christmas, if A.D. can come back and actually stay back, and if they stay together, they still should be in the thick of things eventually.
    There's a lot more to the team than AD and bits now. I think we'll be ok eventually

The Warriors do this to everyone.
    The warriors are a great team with great players . We can become a good team but the mental make up of the has to improve. We are right there in most games and at around the 5 minute mark we check out . Cousins is who he is but he need stop getting technicals and thrown out of games . When he is locked in , he is unstoppable but to often I’m seeing teams and refs get under his skin and then he becomes distracted and falls apart.

Most NBA games come down to the last 5 minutes ... That’s when execution and mental awareness become critical. Look at most of our losses this season . Pretty much 4th quarter meltdowns in the last 5 minutes . Losses that could easily be wins.

the book on Cousins in the nba. work the shift till hes on a shooter. Knowing he will not defend the shot at the 3 point line. sacrificing a possible rebound. Fact when Asik came in golden state was lost and our perimeter defense was tighter. I understand sacrifice but hes lazy on defense unless he can secure a stat. And sits on the three point line on offense giving up any chance of offensive rebounds. And the refs truly were horrible. I am a 20 year high school retired offical and these guys are bought off. there is no way they get away with these no calls.
    It allows golden state to be more aggressive. Just not fair at all. Its really theatre out there instead of real basketball and the common fan does not see it.
    PS Curry is going to be out for a while with that ankle. that was a full twist. 3 to 4 weeks. and a 3 point shooter, maybe longer

Banned
    FIRE Alvin Gentry
    He has loss control of this team.
    No more free passes he is Terrible.
    Winning by 19 at halftime and lose the game in this fashion.
    I watched up close the coaching on the bench. DC has no respect for ANYONE.
    He talks to these refs like Dogs all game. He needs someone to control him.
    Leaving Miller on the bench is bad decision making. He needed to be on the floor.
    It obvious Alvin Gentry has no business running any ball club.
    This game was a must WIN at Home. We had strong command yet this Bum blows it.
    Sorry for the RANT
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 12-04-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schex View Post
    And the refs truly were horrible. I am a 20 year high school retired offical and these guys are bought off. there is no way they get away with these no calls.
    It allows golden state to be more aggressive. Just not fair at all. Its really theatre out there instead of real basketball and the common fan does not see it.
    Couldn’t agree more.

Thread Information