Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans at Jazz 12/1/17

So when is Chris Finch taking over? We’re becoming the Sacramento Pelicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't go after coachess often or anything but the one thing about Gentry that really grinds me up is his inability to recognise that Miller shouldn't be playing only 18mpg. We NEED to run sets for him. We NEED to run stagger screens for him. We NEED him to play 30mpg. And we need someone to bash Gentry's head against the bench every time he refuses to do it.
    Man, who is going to bash his head in, all those guys would be doing is re-organizing the chairs on the Titanic. All of those guys are going to be on an outbound train at the end of the season unless we get into the playoffs. All those guys would be doing by bashing Gentry's head in is disqualifying themselves from any coaching vacancies that he is part of.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I don't go after coachess often or anything but the one thing about Gentry that really grinds me up is his inability to recognise that Miller shouldn't be playing only 18mpg. We NEED to run sets for him. We NEED to run stagger screens for him. We NEED him to play 30mpg. And we need someone to bash Gentry's head against the bench every time he refuses to do it.
    I usually trust coaches over anyone as well but I can't defend this one. Kid has done nothing but earn as much minutes as anyone on this team yet is finishing 6th-8th in minutes every night.. makes absolutely no sense..

My guess is hip-flexer. Had a problem with this way back when I was younger trying to run triathlons. It's gonna be tough to heal if that's what it is.

On a side note, I am worried about this franchise. Just not a good vibe right now on or off the court.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    So when is Chris Finch taking over? We’re becoming the Sacramento Pelicans.
    Well, we haven't been cutting it as the New Orleans Gentry's so perhaps this is the change that we need.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Man, who is going to bash his head in, all those guys would be doing is re-organizing the chairs on the Titanic. All of those guys are going to be on an outbound train at the end of the season unless we get into the playoffs. All those guys would be doing by bashing Gentry's head in is disqualifying themselves from any coaching vacancies that he is part of.
    Pay my flight to New Orleans and I'll do it for fifteen bucks a game and lunch.
    Basketball.

I think I’m going to take a break from this team and the NBA in general until after the Saints/NFL season.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    So @ Portland, @ Denver, vs Minnesota the other night, and now @ Utah. 4 games we could have easily won until AD got injured or ejected. Really sums up Alvin's time here. Solid teams each year but horrendous luck. I guess it's the basketball gods getting back at us for firing Monty after he led us to the playoffs
    Yea I agree.. he hasn't been a great coach by any means but man his luck has to be close to the worst in NBA history! Those 4 games have us sitting at what the 3 seed? Hard to judge a coach when his best player has continually missed time at the worst times possible.

this is what nightmares are made of

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    My guess is hip-flexer. Had a problem with this way back when I was younger trying to run triathlons. It's gonna be tough to heal if that's what it is.

On a side note, I am worried about this franchise. Just not a good vibe right now on or off the court.
    I have never hurt this area but plenty of people around me in college playing football did.. and when they did it usually meant we were without them for a long long time..

If A.D. is going to be out, they have to do something about the sets with Boogie. I feel like Boogie has been giving up some of his game to make the pairing work. Way too many 3pt spotups for a team lacking talent. Now they do have Rondo to create shots, so that could help, but they need to have Boogie inside a lot more to creat those doubles and open looks for guys and somehow, someway, guys other than Miller have to knock down those shots.

All that said, the larger issue might remain the other side. i'm tempted to blame the coaches because there seems to be adequate defensive talent around, but whatever it is, the Pels scored 108ppg again. That shouldn't be an automatic loss. But they're playing too fast, the guards rarely get around screens. If Cousins steps up, teams drop the pass to the guy he left and nobody is rotating crisply to pick that up. The problem is covered up when A.D. is in there to be a secondary shotblocker and rebounder. When he's not, then when Cousins comes out, they just go right behind him, and there are no other rebounders on the team even if the shot is missed. He instead sags, they pop little jumpers.

Meanwhile, they won't play Allen, Asik returned for a game only to disappear. Still have an interest in Chandler if the Suns would even do that.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 12-01-2017 at 10:38 PM.

This has nothing to do with the refs, no team wins playing this offense unless they have GS shooters (nobody but them does). see Westhead, Paul.

No adjustments offensively or defensively, strange substitutions like having Clark in late,

allowing Michael Jordan or whoever that 45 guy they made look like MJ was continually drive to the basket unchallenged.

Genius Alvin gets a T at the end of a close game, one game after not wasting a timeout to save his star from an ejection.

I do not blame Dell for this roster,it has some talent, but good lord how does he hire this staff.
    Yeah AD got hurt, but these coaches are doing nothing to help this team.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    This has nothing to do with the refs, no team wins playing this offense unless they have GS shooters (nobody but them does). see Westhead, Paul.

No adjustments offensively or defensively, strange substitutions like having Clark in late,

allowing Michael Jordan or whoever that 45 guy they made look like MJ was continually drive to the basket unchallenged.

Genius Alvin gets a T at the end of a close game, one game after not wasting a timeout to save his star from an ejection.

I do not blame Dell for this roster,it has some talent, but good lord how does he hire this staff.
    Yeah AD got hurt, but these coaches are doing nothing to help this team.
    Nothing to do with the officials? Not even a little bit? I know it sounds pedantic, but I have to ask: did you watch the game?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I have never hurt this area but plenty of people around me in college playing football did.. and when they did it usually meant we were without them for a long long time..
    He was pressing exactly where the hip-flexer is. This was 30 years ago, but I had Division I athletic training staff helping me out and it took forever to heal completely. I just remember lava hot heat compresses and electro-stimulation or whatever they called it. And I am sure AD is more wound-up than I was. Might be very serious, hopefully nothing more than a strain. Not a good week for any Pels fan and the night started off so good.

Nothing to do with the officials? Not even a little bit? I know it sounds pedantic, but I have to ask: did you watch the game?
    I have said for years the nba should fire every ref, get rid of the superstar calls, and call games like they are supposed to be called. That said the refs are an NBA problem not the Pels problem.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    I have said for years the nba should fire every ref, get rid of the superstar calls, and call games like they are supposed to be called. That said the refs are an NBA problem not the Pels problem.
    I don't entirely agree. Obviously they're always crap, that's not new, but I also watch every Spurs/Cavs/Knicks game I can that doesn't interfere with the Pels schedule, and they don't get officiated nearly as badly as we do. Still badly, but not the same level of incompetence. It honestly looks intentional.

Fire the refs, and fire Gentry. Lol.
    RIP FlyGirl

Some people's bodies are just injury prone. AD is one of those people.

However, when you see a guy riving in pain, that usually means it's not as bad as it looks (unless it's an obvious bone break).

It's when they get up and walk off on their own to the locker room it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Some people's bodies are just injury prone. AD is one of those people.

However, when you see a guy riving in pain, that usually means it's not as bad as it looks (unless it's an obvious bone break).

It's when they get up and walk off on their own to the locker room it's bad.
    ??

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Yeah, I don't think pedantic is the word your searching for.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

Didn't he miss Portland last time too with injury?

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I think I’m going to take a break from this team and the NBA in general until after the Saints/NFL season.
    And I'm gonna give up chocolate forever

I don't entirely agree. Obviously they're always crap, that's not new, but I also watch every Spurs/Cavs/Knicks game I can that doesn't interfere with the Pels schedule, and they don't get officiated nearly as badly as we do. Still badly, but not the same level of incompetence. It honestly looks intentional.
    Those teams probably get the best refs the NBA can offer for their weekly espn promoted cant miss showdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Yeah, I don't think pedantic is the word your searching for.
    Pedantic means overly concerned with minor details. If you understand sarcasm, it was entirely the right word.

Thread Information