Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Timberwolves at Pelicans in the Blender 11/29/17

Quote Originally Posted by 23speedkillz View Post
    Scary part is our schedule gets brutal. Next 4 games. Jazz, blazers, warriors, nuggets, ughhh.
    I got so mad when I saw that, man.
    RIP FlyGirl

Who the hell made our schedule? But that's okay. Should be a breeze once we get done playing all of last year's playoff teams. Lmao.

Jimmy Butler always plays good against Pelicans. At the moment Wolves are better than us. Sorry to Say, but this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Jimmy Butler always plays good against Pelicans. At the moment Wolves are better than us. Sorry to Say, but this is true.
    No they aren't lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Did we really shoot 11 free throws?

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Did we really shoot 11 free throws?
    Yeah, that's why AD got thrown out
    Basketball.

Count 4 less season tickets for next season. Horrible referees ******** me off more than any possible enjoyment I might get from the occasional home win. Pels have the worst home court disadvantage I've ever seen, and we got screwed BIG in this one. Davis got called for an offensive foul that should have been a block, then suffered 5 no-calls in 7 trips with obvious contact. The one he argued for his first quick T was an obvious hit on the elbow. The second T was after a clean block on the other end. I guess because LeBron got ejected the other night they decided to eject a few other stars to even it up. They didn't even wait until the 2nd half, so it wasn't like he was complaining for a whole game. No obvious profane words or gestures, just valid complaints. He did have to be restrained after the first bogus T, which probably accounts for the quick hook on the 2nd, but he was getting hit a lot with zero calls, except for the bogus ones against him.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    Count 4 less season tickets for next season. Horrible referees ******** me off more than any possible enjoyment I might get from the occasional home win. Pels have the worst home court disadvantage I've ever seen, and we got screwed BIG in this one. Davis got called for an offensive foul that should have been a block, then suffered 5 no-calls in 7 trips with obvious contact. The one he argued for his first quick T was an obvious hit on the elbow. The second T was after a clean block on the other end. I guess because LeBron got ejected the other night they decided to eject a few other stars to even it up. They didn't even wait until the 2nd half, so it wasn't like he was complaining for a whole game. No obvious profane words or gestures, just valid complaints. He did have to be restrained after the first bogus T, which probably accounts for the quick hook on the 2nd, but he was getting hit a lot with zero calls, except for the bogus ones against him.
    Although he was right that he should have got a foul call many times, he did foul himself on the second tech and he did deserve to be ejected. He just lost his temps and the ones to blame are bad refereeing and bad coaching for not putting him on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, that's why AD got thrown out
    Wolves didn't appear to shoot a whole lot more. But jesus.

Wolves didn't appear to shoot a whole lot more. But jesus.
    They ended the game with close to double the free throw attempts of the Pels. They had 19, Pels 11. If the refs had functional eyes, Davis alone would have had 11 in the second quarter.

It was obvious to Ad that no matter what he or his team did even if he didn't get ejected the ref's were not going to let us win. I'm sorry but they are blatantly obvious in the treatment some teams get as opposed to others. Boogie gets beat up on the regular. Gets no calls. Same with Ad and Ad is always calm cool and collective so you know it was bad and just building up.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    No they aren't lol
    This makes no sense. They have a better record than us and are 2-0 against us

It was obvious to Ad that no matter what he or his team did even if he didn't get ejected the ref's were not going to let us win. I'm sorry but they are blatantly obvious in the treatment some teams get as opposed to others. Boogie gets beat up on the regular. Gets no calls. Same with Ad and Ad is always calm cool and collective so you know it was bad and just building up.
    It's something about the Wolves as well. Remember, last time we played them Boogie got three blatant smacks to the face that were just begging for flagrants, and the refs no called all of them

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    This makes no sense. They have a better record than us and are 2-0 against us
    We have a 1-0 record against cleavland are we better then them?

Its been boiling for a few games now. I mean I think it's pretty obvious our team is being refd differently then the others

The best part about this loss is that tomorrow someone will probably start a thread like

"Look guys, I know you don't want to hear it but we can't compete for a title, it's time to blow it up, maybe we should trade AD?"

This is a poorly coached and disciplined team. They continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. When will the front office admit they made a mistake hiring
    Gentry and retaining Demps?

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    We have a 1-0 record against cleavland are we better then them?

Smaller sample size and you conveniently ignored the record part of the equation

Well at least Jrue is balling lately and 8-16 on threes in last 2 games

I got so mad when I saw that, man.
    Did anyone notice how freaking easy their schedule is right now? Their next ten games is a freaking breeze compared to us and the blazers.

I freaking hate the Wolves.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Did anyone notice how freaking easy their schedule is right now? Their next ten games is a freaking breeze compared to us and the blazers.

I freaking hate the Wolves.
    It's pretty clear that insofar as the league has favourites, the Wolves and OKC are up there.

Remember how AD was a top MVP candidate, averaging 24/10, and then KAT got drafted and the media forgot about him completely. You see AD mentioned as an afterthought, as a "talent", but rarely as a young superstar, which is what he is. KAT is the league's darling. The Wolves are constantly in discussion despite having been awful for a long time, they're posed as being inevitably better despite there being no solid evidence for that claim, and they get everything they want as a result: easy schedules, favourable calls, media coverage, and always always the benefit of the doubt.

I put that 2nd Tech foul on Gentry. At the arena, the tension was palpable and AD in particular was carrying that 1st T with him and was clearly still ticked off. Gentry needed to call a timeout to let everyone exhale/relax and just have a minute to brush it all off. But no, he just let the frustration continue to mount until one bad foul call triggers an ejection. This was preventable.

I won tickets to the GSW game. That’s the last game I wanna see right now. But free is free. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ac5355 View Post
    Man this team needs some shooters. We must lead the League in Wide-open shots missed
    Been saying this for a few years now. Shooters would make this team deadly with the bigs we have. But nah let's just gut the coaching staff. Problem will still exist. We can't shoot (consistently).

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Been saying this for a few years now. Shooters would make this team deadly with the bigs we have. But nah let's just gut the coaching staff. Problem will still exist. We can't shoot (consistently).
    Well, I don't see a Ray Allen or Reggie Miller type walking through the door anytime soon. So the next best solution would be to get a coach that emphasizes the inside out game. We should be punishing teams in the paint on the regular but Gentry is hell bent on turning Boogie into the next Sam Perkins.

I think it's pretty messed up that we play the GSW 3 times to begin the season.

Thread Information