Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Timberwolves at Pelicans in the Blender 11/29/17

Banned

Timberwolves at Pelicans in the Blender 11/29/17

Tip Off 7pm

Let's get this W
    Basketball.

Movies with a purpose?

They made it look pretty easy against us a few weeks ago. But I could see if we played with some intensity and didn't give them warm-up jumpers all game we woulda won. Predicted then that next time we'd beat them by 15+. Going to stick with that hunch and hope the boys come out lit!!!

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Easy? The game was tied with 1 minute to go

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    They made it look pretty easy against us a few weeks ago. But I could see if we played with some intensity and didn't give them warm-up jumpers all game we woulda won. Predicted then that next time we'd beat them by 15+. Going to stick with that hunch and hope the boys come out lit!!!
    They made it look pretty easy? They barely scraped it within the last few minutes: it was tied very late. KAT had 2 points on 14% shooting, with an offensive rating of 26. Wiggins offensive rating didn't even hit 80.

AD had 24/10 and Boogie had 35/9/6: AD's ORTG was 112 and Cousins was 107 with an 89 DRTG.

The fact is, it wasn't easy at all for them, and in fact our stars made theirs look like rookies. The problem was the role players, which didn't exist that early in the season. Darius Miller had 0 points on 0% shooting that game. The odds of that kind of no show again are very low, and if he had posted even 8 points (less than his average) we would have won then.

Which is why we'll win now.

PELS

Vs.

Wolves

Huge game tonight!

These are the games we must win!

Lotto!!! Lmao.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Let's get this W
    I second that. This is an opportunity we can't pass up. I hope we see the Turkish Hammer tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    They made it look pretty easy? They barely scraped it within the last few minutes: it was tied very late. KAT had 2 points on 14% shooting, with an offensive rating of 26. Wiggins offensive rating didn't even hit 80.

AD had 24/10 and Boogie had 35/9/6: AD's ORTG was 112 and Cousins was 107 with an 89 DRTG.

The fact is, it wasn't easy at all for them, and in fact our stars made theirs look like rookies. The problem was the role players, which didn't exist that early in the season. Darius Miller had 0 points on 0% shooting that game. The odds of that kind of no show again are very low, and if he had posted even 8 points (less than his average) we would have won then.

Which is why we'll win now.
    I watched the game dude. I remember how it went. They rolled us in the first half and every other shot was a warm-up jumper uncontested. Didn't even matter that KAT was off. If you want some impressive ORTG numbers just look at Minnesota's bench that game: 145 (Dieng) / 123 (Crawford) / 124 (Bjelica) / 129 (Jones). We got smoked by their 2nd unit because we played no defence.

I dont care if the final margin was 6. We were never winning that game. It wasnt as close as the scoreboard suggests.

I watched the game dude. I remember how it went. They rolled us in the first half and every other shot was a warm-up jumper uncontested. Didn't even matter that KAT was off. If you want some impressive ORTG numbers just look at Minnesota's bench that game: 145 (Dieng) / 123 (Crawford) / 124 (Bjelica) / 129 (Jones). We got smoked by their 2nd unit because we played no defence.

I dont care if the final margin was 6. We were never winning that game. It wasnt as close as the scoreboard suggests.
    There's a difference between saying "we were never winning that game" and "we didn't deserve to win that game." If the margin was as close as suggested during the final few minutes, then it's absurd to say the former, regardless of the quality of play.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

We were a Tony Allen point blank layup away from taking the lead with 30 seconds left, so yes the game was closer then the scoreboard suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    There's a difference between saying "we were never winning that game" and "we didn't deserve to win that game." If the margin was as close as suggested during the final few minutes, then it's absurd to say the former, regardless of the quality of play.
    It's an opinion. We held the lead that game ONCE at 23-22. Every time we made a run to close the lead they'd make a run back. We were never going to win that game with the lackluster effort the team put in. I reserve "we didnt deserve to win that game" as a statement made about games we actually win while playing poorly.

Anyways. 15+ point win tonight if the team comes out sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    We were a Tony Allen point blank layup away from taking the lead with 30 seconds left, so yes the game was closer then the scoreboard suggests.
    Yup, weren't even close to winning, couldnt make layups.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We gone give dem a asswhopin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, weren't even close to winning, couldnt make layups.
    And this is why nobody is taking your opinion seriously.

Jrue has been out there dancing and laughing during warmups. Looks like he’s feeling good. I want 28+ points then. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

Teague and Bjelica both out for the Timberwolves tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Teague and Bjelica both out for the Timberwolves tonight.
    Good, that helps our odds a little more.

Wolves look horrendous

Great start on both ends.

Towns tried to get his 2nd foul. No call. Refs let Wolves stay in the game

Rondo is so good at seeing the lob.

Wolves were asking the Pels to put them away early. Pels declined

Thread Information