.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54

Thread: How to fix this team!

  1. #1

    Stuff How to fix this team!

    It is clearly obvious the only thing that will stop the warriors is father time and unfortunately that's 5+ years down the road. I think we need to blow up this team and start building for that future. Lets debate

  2. #2
    I think that's partially true but there's also more factors than that. First is, if we're rebuilding for 5 years from now, so are half the other teams in the league, so assets aren't being traded because everyone knows they're in a rebuild. So valuable picks (Chicago, Atlanta, Nets, Sacramento, etc) are being held on to very tightly by their home teams.

    Secondly, there's a massively defeatist and self fulfilling element of it: of course Golden State will be undefeated and unstoppable for the next five years if everyone just gives up and stops trying. I'd much rather make the playoffs for five years, maybe win some rounds, put up a fight, than just sit back and give them a clear path and experience five more years of watching bottom rung basketball. And remember, there's no guarantee that a rebuild like that works anyway: see the Cavs while LeBron was gone (three overall number one pick opportunities and they still sucked).

    "We're goin' ta be ohkay'." - Alvin Gentry, 2017

  3. #3
    No thanks. I'd rather stick with our core and try to improve it. We need a version of Rondo that can make open shots and some other pieces but we're not too far away.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    No thanks. I'd rather stick with our core and try to improve it. We need a version of Rondo that can make open shots and some other pieces but we're not too far away.
    Yup. No point in even thinking of a rebuild for a ton of reasons.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Selma Alabama
    Posts
    542
    No all you guys are missing the obvious its right in your eyes looking at YOU.
    Coaching yes I said it. A Head Coach knows what his ball club can and can't do. He knows the pulse of his players All his players.
    Making the right call is the difference between winning and losing in the NBA. Remember all the players are good. They excelled at every level before getting to the league. Its like a recipe for cooking a little bit of this a little bit of that not to much of this not to much of that. He needs to let his pride GO. Until then we will never climb the ladder. The Pelicans are in striking distance 6 games out of leading this division. Alvin Gentry has the players its up to him to decide what to do with them. Rondo needs to GO. I have seen enough his skill set. It is not at the NBA level to compete for a division title. We need a Point Guard that can score run the break and lead this team not a passer 0 point production guy. He has no breakaway speed off the dribble and can’t shoot a jumper with a man on him.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 11-26-2017 at 10:34 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    It is clearly obvious the only thing that will stop the warriors is father time and unfortunately that's 5+ years down the road. I think we need to blow up this team and start building for that future. Lets debate
    How about we just continue to build around Davis and Boogie. The Warriors can’t keep this up forever. When did Pels fans become so entitled and impatient?

  7. #7
    The Franchise PolishFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    How about we just continue to build around Davis and Boogie. The Warriors can’t keep this up forever. When did Pels fans become so entitled and impatient?
    There is no other way than buid around Davis and Boogie. If the Pels figure out how to use this one of the best in the history duo of the big men, in the league full of small guys they can become so powerful that the whole league might go big again (which I would love as I dont like the modern league)

  8. #8
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kaplan, LA
    Posts
    1,437
    No need to be down, we lost to a good team and we weren't hitting shots. Coaching is still an issue because we aren't adjusting fast enough during games. Cousins needs to be benched every time he even makes a face. Sometimes we have to protect a person from themselves.

    I do agree a pg is still a need. Rondo on the second unit will be fine but down the stretch team sag off of him so bad it clogs the lane. Unfortunately Nelson is to small, they switch and put him in bad mismatches and doesn't score enough on the offensive end. We also don't have enough length at sf and backup SG. Moore and Allen are ok off the bench but not at SF. Dec 15th can't get here soon enough. I'm ready to make a few moves but we need Allen and Clark to be able to make em.

  9. #9
    This is a serious post!? Oy Vey!!

  10. #10
    Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,545
    We can start by giving fans a dose of reality.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Adding Evan Fournier or George Hill via trade would be most excellent.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Selma Alabama
    Posts
    542
    My observation after almost 21 games is we need a Point Guard. A veteran not a young guy like Jackson.
    Now if Jackson would have started the season and had 21 games as a starter under his belt then maybe? But as this juncture we need a solid PG to have any shot at 40-45 games. We can’t keep playing at this rate without a floor general Who can Score.
    Nelson is a solid bench PG but his body is worn out to play minutes. As said Rondo is Done. Not sure if we can solve that with a trade at this point?

  13. #13
    Just imagine if every team decided there was no way to beat the Warriors for the next 5 years and decided to tank. It would be the ultimate tankathon. Sorry OP, but this post is rediculous the more I think about it.

    How long has it been since this franchise had two top 20 players? Mashburn and Peja? LJ and Morning? 20 games into the season sitting in the midst of a playoff spot and in second place in our division and people want to blow it up...

    In fact, the title of the thread has nothing to do with fixing the team. Unless you consider fixing it as turning it into the Sixers before this year. No thanks. I can be happy with being competitive. Of course I want to win it all as well but throwing in the towel is silly.
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 11-26-2017 at 04:42 PM.

  14. #14
    The Franchise PolishFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Just imagine if every team decided there was no way to beat the Warriors for the next 5 years and decided to tank. It would be the ultimate tankathon. Sorry OP, but this post is rediculous the more I think about it.

    How long has it been since this franchise had two top 20 players? Mashburn and Peja? LJ and Morning? 20 games into the season sitting in the midst of a playoff spot and in second place in our division and people want to blow it up...
    I think very few people actually want that here

  15. #15
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kaplan, LA
    Posts
    1,437
    I definitely don't want to blow it up but would love to tweak it. To me, if your not going to play someone then trade him. I like Diallos potential but if he can facilitate a move to upgrade a position then let's do it. Ajinca, Clark, and Allen are bubble players that I like but won't be opposed to moving them.

  16. #16
    We are on pace to win 45 games after having up to 6 players (including 3 starters) on the injury report, 5 players either still missing time or had missed significant amounts of time. We are right in the middle of the playoff race and have now had multiple win streaks this season for the first time forever.

    We lost to the most loaded team in the NBA which broke a 3 game win streak of our own, defending champions at their home, have made the finals 3 years in a row, holds the record for most regular season wins, lost a total of 1 playoff game last year, is currently on a 13 game win streak....


    And suddenly some want to ignore all the good and blow it all up? Get out of here with that.

  17. #17
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kaplan, LA
    Posts
    1,437
    The bad side is Durant didn't play and golden state looked like they were going through the motion and then turned it on.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    My observation after almost 21 games is we need a Point Guard. A veteran not a young guy like Jackson.
    Now if Jackson would have started the season and had 21 games as a starter under his belt then maybe? But as this juncture we need a solid PG to have any shot at 40-45 games. We can’t keep playing at this rate without a floor general Who can Score.
    Nelson is a solid bench PG but his body is worn out to play minutes. As said Rondo is Done. Not sure if we can solve that with a trade at this point?
    Yea Rondo's inability to make open jump-shots was really exposed last game. Sure would be nice to have a good shooting PG with some of Rondo's passing/ game-management skillz. George Hill sure would be awesome, but at ~20mil Pels might not be interested

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We are on pace to win 45 games after having up to 6 players (including 3 starters) on the injury report, 5 players either still missing time or had missed significant amounts of time. We are right in the middle of the playoff race and have now had multiple win streaks this season for the first time forever.

    We lost to the most loaded team in the NBA which broke a 3 game win streak of our own, defending champions at their home, have made the finals 3 years in a row, holds the record for most regular season wins, lost a total of 1 playoff game last year, is currently on a 13 game win streak....


    And suddenly some want to ignore all the good and blow it all up? Get out of here with that.
    Good post, way to keep it in perspective

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Selma Alabama
    Posts
    542
    Nothing needs to be done no blowing anything up.
    We need a Point Guard that is it. If needed we move Jrue back to the 1 start Moore at the 2.
    Rondo needs to go he is finished as far as I see. D Miller needs his chance at the 3.
    I think if Asik can just give some solid bench relief for AD DC we can make that move towards winning some games we should win and playing hard in the tough games with a shot to win.

  21. #21
    Title: How to fix this team!

    Post: Nothing about fixing this team.

    Cool story bro.
    Last edited by SmontySwilliams; 11-28-2017 at 07:28 PM.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    How about we just continue to build around Davis and Boogie. The Warriors can’t keep this up forever. When did Pels fans become so entitled and impatient?
    Again warriors are going to be "it" for the next 5 year's and as much as I hate to say I don't think A.D will last past that. I'm not on the Boogie boat I think we should trade him before the deadline. We don't need a 7th point guard, the good he brings doesn't out way the bad he brings. I would be glad to ship him out for two future 1st round picks

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    There is no other way than buid around Davis and Boogie. If the Pels figure out how to use this one of the best in the history duo of the big men, in the league full of small guys they can become so powerful that the whole league might go big again (which I would love as I dont like the modern league)
    This could work. But I thought this was going to be the plan coming into the season. Idk if it's Gentry play calling keeping the bigs on the perimeter or what, but a lot of times I see cousins gassed and trailing behind the play and tends to camp there.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    No need to be down, we lost to a good team and we weren't hitting shots. Coaching is still an issue because we aren't adjusting fast enough during games. Cousins needs to be benched every time he even makes a face. Sometimes we have to protect a person from themselves.

    I do agree a pg is still a need. Rondo on the second unit will be fine but down the stretch team sag off of him so bad it clogs the lane. Unfortunately Nelson is to small, they switch and put him in bad mismatches and doesn't score enough on the offensive end. We also don't have enough length at sf and backup SG. Moore and Allen are ok off the bench but not at SF. Dec 15th can't get here soon enough. I'm ready to make a few moves but we need Allen and Clark to be able to make em.
    PG definitely needs improving, but do to rondo lack of offense productivity he needs to stay in with the 1st unit where's he's not needed as a scorer.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Just imagine if every team decided there was no way to beat the Warriors for the next 5 years and decided to tank. It would be the ultimate tankathon. Sorry OP, but this post is rediculous the more I think about it.

    How long has it been since this franchise had two top 20 players? Mashburn and Peja? LJ and Morning? 20 games into the season sitting in the midst of a playoff spot and in second place in our division and people want to blow it up...

    In fact, the title of the thread has nothing to do with fixing the team. Unless you consider fixing it as turning it into the Sixers before this year. No thanks. I can be happy with being competitive. Of course I want to win it all as well but throwing in the towel is silly.
    We don't have to throw in the towel no team does it doesn't make a difference, the warriors are going to win. What's the point of making it to the playoffs just to lose? Making the playoffs for this team were getting a low draft pick that won't help beat the warriors.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •