Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans at Warriors 11/25/17

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    We are playing the defending champs who are without KD.
    Oh no! They only have three all-stars and the best shooting guard pair of all time! We should feel sorry for them being so disadvantaged.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    That is a loser's mentality.
    I always love that one. Yeah, lot of us winning from the cheapseats.

Basketball Guru
    points in the paint start of the 4th was GS-28...NOP-26....

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Oh no! They only have three all-stars and the best shooting guard pair of all time! We should feel sorry for them being so disadvantaged.
    Let's not pretend that we only lost by 10 to last years NBA champs. We lost by 10 to a different variation of last years title team.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Let's not pretend that we only lost by 10 to last years NBA champs. We lost by 10 to a different variation of last years title team.
    Yep: 2015s title team, and the 2016 finals team. Unacceptable.

What exactly needs to happen to this team for us to finally have a great team?

Fire Demps + Gentry?

Trade DC?

Trade DC + AD?

Trade Jrue?

Because we can't put up with this same roster for an another year.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yeah, yeah. Tonight's game was winnable.

But I swear the whole IQ talk is such a stupid meme here.

The Warriors aren't impossible to beat because of how smart they are. THey're impossible to beat because of how talented they are and how well they're coached.

Yep: 2015s title team, and the 2016 finals team. Unacceptable.
    You know that those two teams had a different dynamic because Andrew Bogut was playing down low for them, right? We lost to the Warriors, not THE WARRIORS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yeah, yeah. Tonight's game was winnable.

But I swear the whole IQ talk is such a stupid meme here.

The Warriors aren't impossible to beat because of how smart they are. THey're impossible to beat because of how talented they are and how well they're coached.
    Shut up. If you lose to a team with three all-stars, that's been to the finals three straight years and rung twice, with a coach of the year behind the wheel, it's cause you're a dumb team who just sucks and probably shouldn't even try.

Obviously.

Guys, no one in the west is winning a championship as long as the Warriors are around. Get used to it and the games will be more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post

Fire Demps + Gentry?

Trade DC?

Trade DC + AD?

Trade Jrue?

We can put up with this roster for another year, we just need a better FO and coaching staff to hold players accountable.

Go Saints. Tomorrow will be a continuation of tonight in regards to my stress level.

...who are overwhelmingly favored to win another title, and in fact many people think they have a shot to match the Jordainaires?

Trying to in any way downplay the Golden State Warriors as an opponent, on their home floor, is just...? I don't know. You can't there through normal processes. It suggests people arguing that way kind of need the Warriors to be something other than what they are to prove some point.

You start every season in the NBA anymore 0-4 (or 0-2 in the East). If you do something to move that needle, hey, it's a gift. But you don't worry about it much otherwise. Even Houston and the Spurs are just playing to be the best non-Warriors team. Everybody else just wants to sneak into the playoffs and win a round or two before the Warriors knock them off.

You know that those two teams had a different dynamic because Andrew Bogut was playing down low for them, right? We lost to the Warriors, not THE WARRIORS.
    Say what you want, if I'm looking at a team coached by Kerr with Curry, Klay, Draymond, and Iguodala on it, it's the warriors and you can expect them to be elite.

But, coaching can only do so much though. At the end of the day, we just simply do not have enough talent to compete with the best. We need that 3rd slash/drive/physical Westbrook/Wall type point guard.

Fire Demps + Gentry?

Trade DC?

Trade DC + AD?

Trade Jrue?

Complete nonsense.

If you can't put up with a playoff team, or a 45 or even 50 win team, as a fan of a franchise that has won 40+ games once in the last 7 years or whatever...
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 11-25-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    ...who are overwhelmingly favored to win another title, and in fact many people think they have a shot to match the Jordainaires?

Trying to in any way downplay the Golden State Warriors as an opponent, on their home floor, is just...? I don't know. You can't there through normal processes. It suggests people arguing that way kind of need the Warriors to be something other than what they are to prove some point.

You start every season in the NBA anymore 0-4 (or 0-2 in the East). If you do something to move that needle, hey, it's a gift. But you don't worry about it much otherwise. Even Houston and the Spurs are just playing to be the best non-Warriors team. Everybody else just wants to sneak into the playoffs and win a round or two before the Warriors knock them off.
    Of course they are favored to win the title, but tonight they were without KD. KD takes that team to another level.

But, coaching can only do so much though. At the end of the day, we just simply do not have enough talent to compete with the best. We need that 3rd slash/drive/physical Westbrook/Wall type point guard.
    You're right: cause the Thunder are doing so well.

Say what you want, if I'm looking at a team coached by Kerr with Curry, Klay, Draymond, and Iguodala on it, it's the warriors and you can expect them to be elite.
    Yup, I agree. And having Durant on the team is a luxury.

Of course they are favored to win the title, but tonight they were without KD. KD takes that team to another level.
    In theory perhaps. He's why they are unbeatable in a series now. But then again they won fewer games last year with him than they did without him, and won exactly 1 more playoff game. He's icing.

Complete nonsense.

If you can't put up with a playoff team, or a 45 or even 50 win team, as a fan of a franchise that has won 40+ games once in the last 7 years or whatever...
    What makes you so confident that we are going to the playoffs or even get 45 wins? Do you see our schedule? Do you see our next 10-12 games? It could be debated that we can go on a 2-10 or 4-8 run.
    Last edited by WhyHornetsWhy; 11-25-2017 at 10:08 PM.

What makes you so confident that we are going to the playoffs or even get 45 wins?
    The fact that our 11-9 record projects to a 45 win season and we have wins over the Thunder and Spurs and are sat in the middle of the playoff seedings despite having a reasonably tough schedule so far?

Is this the same "THE WARRIORS" team who lost to OKC on Wed. that just lost to Dallas tonight?
    Please make some sense of that.

that's ridiculous.

THE WARRIORS. Let me remind everybody:

The fact that our 11-9 record projects to a 45 win season and we have wins over the Thunder and Spurs and are sat in the middle of the playoff seedings despite having a reasonably tough schedule so far?
    well, my man, take a look at our next 10-12 games...I see 4 wins if we continue to play like this.

Don't do projections. Simply just look at every single matchup/game by itself, and then tell me if you think we can beat that team.

well, my man, take a look at our next 10-12 games...I see 4 wins if we continue to play like this.
    i mean we have won 3 out of our last 4 so yeah, obviously terrible.

Thread Information