Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans at Warriors 11/25/17

Wow so gentry is just giving up now? ********ing pathetic

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Getting so sick of Nelson

This! He's just to tiny

I will say though that I am disappointed. In the first we were dominant, and I knew that they would go on a run at some point and pull it back in. I just didn't expect us to stop even trying at that point. We've had it before where teams have made big runs despite our defense: this run happened because the defense stopped bothering.
    Basketball.

Game, set and match.....just too much for the Pels.

He needs to take Nelson out of the damn game man good god

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Calm down they are kinda missing a guy called Kevin Durant.
    Never mind that minor detail, we are only down by 16.

This isn't a Boogie issue, it's a foul issue. The refs take him out of the game and he is useless, he is made even more useless when we have him in there playing with an arm tied behind his back. That is the only problem with Boogie's game:'the Refs.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

This team just lacks IQ. When they are flowing they go for low % half court lobs and when we have the advantage with both Green and Zaza on the bench with fould trouble we jack up shots from outside instead of attacking the basket.

This team just lacks IQ. When they are flowing they go for low % half court lobs and when we have the advantage with both Green and Zaza on the bench with fould trouble we jack up shots from outside instead of attacking the basket.
    There's definitely an IQ issue, but that seems to crop up more frequently under stress, and the stress only really seems to set in under unfair officiating. Obviously the officials can only do so much, and it's the job of the player to fight through it and make things happen anyway, but if you fear that getting into the half court will just expose you to fouls the refs won't call, or fear that posting up will always make you the aggressor (Boogie), then you start just doing other dumb things because hey at least you won't be called for a foul.

I'm hoping like **** Rondo is still on minute restrictions or Gentry is just a dumb *****.

Now that DX isn't a Pel/Hornet, I can see him for the B-list actor he is.

and under 10 in the final 6 minutes.

still going to lose, but come on. less than 10 teams in teh NBA can do this.

Wait, we called a timeout when Zaza was on the floor? We had numbers, and we need points, and we called a foul? Who is piloting this rutterless ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    There's definitely an IQ issue, but that seems to crop up more frequently under stress, and the stress only really seems to set in under unfair officiating. Obviously the officials can only do so much, and it's the job of the player to fight through it and make things happen anyway, but if you fear that getting into the half court will just expose you to fouls the refs won't call, or fear that posting up will always make you the aggressor (Boogie), then you start just doing other dumb things because hey at least you won't be called for a foul.
    They started making dumb plays when they had the lead. They try to do too much. The IQ will come with consistency. These guys wont be making these dumb plays ith 20 games to go in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    and under 10 in the final 6 minutes.

still going to lose, but come on. less than 10 teams in teh NBA can do this.
    The moral victories need to stop. Way too many wasted possessions and low IQ plays to not have the lead now.

Can someone explain 'Smoothies with a purpose' to me?

They started making dumb plays when they had the lead. They try to do too much. The IQ will come with consistency. These guys wont be making these dumb plays ith 20 games to go in the season.
    Well that's true, but what I mean is, if we have a lead of something like 6 points, we might have a ridiculously stupid every five possessions. When we're down ten, or have just lost a big lead, we'll have those stupid possessions three times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The moral victories need to stop. Way too many wasted possessions and low IQ plays to not have the lead now.
    Give it a few posts and you will hear, "but we are missing a key starter."

that's ridiculous.

THE WARRIORS. Let me remind everybody:

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Can someone explain 'Smoothies with a purpose' to me?
    They will give you the runs

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Give it a few posts and you will hear, "but we are missing a key starter."
    I mean, we are. That's not why we're losing, but it is true.

There's a difference between clutching pearls and claiming a moral victory, and saying "oh well, we didn't expect to win anyway at least we didn't look disgraceful doing it".

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    that's ridiculous.

THE WARRIORS. Let me remind everybody:

That is a loser's mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, we are. That's not why we're losing, but it is true.

There's a difference between clutching pearls and claiming a moral victory, and saying "oh well, we didn't expect to win anyway at least we didn't look disgraceful doing it".
    We are playing the defending champs who are without KD.

That is a loser's mentality.
    And what's a winner's mentality? Self flagellation?

This game showed us exactly who we are and what needs to happen.

Thread Information