Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Spurs at Pelicans in the Blender 11/22/17

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Why do you think he isn't as good as he once was?
    A lot of Pop's strength as a coach used to be that he treated everyone exactly equally: Tim Duncan could get benched for screwing up the same as the 9th man (not that Duncan messed up very often, but you get the point). It's true now, however, that Pop gives certain players a ton of leeway that he never used to to give, and it can lead to awful plays or even sequences of awful plays that he does little to stop. This is particularly obvious when Tony Parker is playing, or Manu. If you watched them last year, you'd notice things like DeWayne Dedmon being benched for missing a rotation, while Ginobili would be allowed to shoot three airballs and commit a turnover and be allowed to stay on court. It's just not as disciplined as it used to be.

Obviously that's relatively speaking, cause Pop is still an incredible coach, he just used to be better.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    A lot of Pop's strength as a coach used to be that he treated everyone exactly equally: Tim Duncan could get benched for screwing up the same as the 9th man (not that Duncan messed up very often, but you get the point). It's true now, however, that Pop gives certain players a ton of leeway that he never used to to give, and it can lead to awful plays or even sequences of awful plays that he does little to stop. This is particularly obvious when Tony Parker is playing, or Manu. If you watched them last year, you'd notice things like DeWayne Dedmon being benched for missing a rotation, while Ginobili would be allowed to shoot three airballs and commit a turnover and be allowed to stay on court. It's just not as disciplined as it used to be.

Obviously that's relatively speaking, cause Pop is still an incredible coach, he just used to be better.
    This is the least talented Spurs team we've seen in a while

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    This is the least talented Spurs team we've seen in a while
    That's true. Doesn't excuse leaving Manu in for extended periods of time when he's causing many of the preventable issues. In fact, a less talented team requires stricter coaching, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Buckwheat da Prophet. Foresaw the Return of Asik before any of us saw it coming.
    It's almost as if he's a hack sportswriter who can't post under his own name on this forum because he sucks at life.....
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    It's almost as if he's a hack sportswriter who can't post under his own name on this forum because he sucks at life.....
    I don't know about Hack lol
    But you might be on to something Boss !!
    btw I have another little tidbit of intel to share soon very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    LOL. Suspected as much for a long time.

Yeah. I figured as much as soon as he got here. And now that the Pelicans are doing well, the behavior shift. Positivity.

But whatever. If he actually learns from our criticisms and becomes less of a **** and not always a downer, I'll embrace it. I have been one of his biggest denouncers but it takes a big person to change. We'll see how long it lasts. He can even start posting under his own name and as long as he's cool to people I'd come around.

Banned
    I only call it as I see it.
    No sugarcoating at all.
    Most people want to ride the Magic Carpet.
    I was against many moves made from draft day passing on Juwan Evans to over paying for Jrue Holiday.
    I am impressed with Alvin Gentry the last 2 games big time. He stepped up in a huge way. He is letting his assistant coaches do their Job. For that I Salute Alvin Gentry.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Oh stop it!

The Franchise
    Nothing wrong with being real just maybe not so down when we are down. I like to think of ways to fix the problem more than complain but I like all takes good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    David Fisher?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Das fletch matey
    @DanielVeuleman

Those comments about Coach Popavich likely means he works for Fox News or Breitbart.

Thread Information