Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: maybe getting healthier soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Both situations have their benefits. If Asik doesn't play for a year and has to medically retire then his contract comes off the books. This is *probably* the most ideal path for the team. However, with no backup center even on the team that's healthy, and us in the middle of a playoff push, if Asik is in fact healthy enough to play and give us a handful of minutes that aren't garbage then that's a big help to us too.

When the rumor broke a couple weeks ago that we had a trade lined up that we backed out of involving trading him, he seemed then that his medical retirement was probably not likely. That said, let's see what happens.

Either way fans can have something to cheer for.
    Do you think him being off the IR list and officially activated for the game rules out the med retirement now? Seems like the rule would be if the player is on the IR for a full year, not just play minutes. Either way, seems like he's going to play.
    Last edited by Rheem654; 11-22-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Do you think him being off the IR list and officially activated for the game rules out the med retirement now? Seems like the rule would be if the player is on the IR for a full year, not just play minutes. Either way, seems like he's going to play.
    My understanding is that he actually has to play minutes. I'd have to check the actual rule but if I remember correctly it's based off the date he last played and not just being ruled out. There is no such thing as Injured Reserved for basketball like there is in football.

If Asik can return to 2015 form he would be a very good backup C

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Asik should play if he can play. He can rebound and he can sometimes play decent defense. Cousins needs a guy to back him up so he can rest more.
    If we can get 8-10 minutes from Asik it could make the team better. Cousins needs to sit more. He’s awesome but he needs rest and he needs to be taken out of the game if he keeps turning the ball over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information