Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Thunder at Pelicans 11/20/17

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Does Boogie get suspended for the next game?
    flagrant 2 does not mean suspension. this foul was not violent.

there is low possibility that it will be changed into flagrant one

DMC will play vs Spurs

As to Clark and rotations

with three guard lineups with Rondo playing 30 minutes (Rondo+Nelson 48). Allen playing 15-20 minutes, Miller playing 20, expect DNPs for Clark. and even Dante (if Davis and DMC plays ~40). Not to mention Diallo.

If you have a deep team filled with decent players - this happens.
    If only Pels wont have ~15 millions tied into two injured centers...

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    flagrant 2 does not mean suspension. this foul was not violent.

there is low possibility that it will be changed into flagrant one

DMC will play vs Spurs

As to Clark and rotations

with three guard lineups with Rondo playing 30 minutes (Rondo+Nelson 48). Allen playing 15-20 minutes, Miller playing 20, expect DNPs for Clark. and even Dante (if Davis and DMC plays ~40). Not to mention Diallo.

If you have a deep team filled with decent players - this happens.
    If only Pels wont have ~15 millions tied into two injured centers...
    Man...What we could do to upgrade our SF position with Depth with that 15 mil...I honestly think we should start Miller over DC...DC just looks slow on defense and SFs are killing him off the dribble..Miller is a better 3 point shooter and just as good defensively. DC would do better against backups and brings in a semi big man for second unit instead of Diallo.
    Last edited by msw2024; 11-21-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Cousins leads the league in turnovers. Does that concern anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

Harden led the league in turnovers last year. That turned out fine for the Rockets. So no, as long as he keeps paying like he has been.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

It certainly does for me. He's a very frustrating player to watch because while he is extremely talented, he tries to do too much. Must be why he couldn't win in Sacramento, because he had no help so he tried to do it all by himself. But now he has help, so he needs to take it easy sometimes.

I'm not as concerned with that as I think Rondo will begin to assert himself more and I like that DeMarcus wants to share the ball. As Gentry said sometimes he may think he's Tom Brady when he's more of a Blake Bortles, but the instincts are good.

I'm more concerned about the intangibles lately. His body language has been poor (to my eye). He's doing more arguing and less hustling back on defense. He's picking up stupid fouls and being taken out of his game. In short, bad Boogie.

I really don't know how seriously to take that at this point. I think his teammates genuinely like him, but anyone who has played team sports knows that kind of thing can wear thin after a while, even with teammates you like and who help you win. I'm already concerned that his frequent disinterest in defensive fundamentals is infecting others on the team. On the other hand, it's clear after watching him first hand for 40+ games that he is a genuine top-10 player in the league talent-wise. It's really amazing to see some nights.

Does good Boogie outweigh bad Boogie? Right now I'd say yes. AD can't carry the load alone. But if the right deal was offered for an above-average wing player and a draft pick, would I consider taking it? I would. To me the longterm viability of the AD-Cousins pairing is still somewhat in doubt, not due to talent of course, but due to intangibles and whether they are the best compliment to each other you could put together.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Man...What we could do to upgrade our SF position with Depth with that 15 mil...I honestly think we should start Miller over DC...DC just looks slow on defense and SFs are killing him off the dribble..Miller is a better 3 point shooter and just as good defensively. DC would do better against backups and brings in a semi big man for second unit instead of Diallo.
    Cunningham didn't start! Etwaun Moore did.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    I'm not as concerned with that as I think Rondo will begin to assert himself more and I like that DeMarcus wants to share the ball. As Gentry said sometimes he may think he's Tom Brady when he's more of a Blake Bortles, but the instincts are good.

I'm more concerned about the intangibles lately. His body language has been poor (to my eye). He's doing more arguing and less hustling back on defense. He's picking up stupid fouls and being taken out of his game. In short, bad Boogie.

I really don't know how seriously to take that at this point. I think his teammates genuinely like him, but anyone who has played team sports knows that kind of thing can wear thin after a while, even with teammates you like and who help you win. I'm already concerned that his frequent disinterest in defensive fundamentals is infecting others on the team. On the other hand, it's clear after watching him first hand for 40+ games that he is a genuine top-10 player in the league talent-wise. It's really amazing to see some nights.

Does good Boogie outweigh bad Boogie? Right now I'd say yes. AD can't carry the load alone. But if the right deal was offered for an above-average wing player and a draft pick, would I consider taking it? I would. To me the longterm viability of the AD-Cousins pairing is still somewhat in doubt, not due to talent of course, but due to intangibles and whether they are the best compliment to each other you could put together.
    Newsflash --- We miss WIDE OPEN 3 pt shots consistently .
    Boogie & AD & NOW Rondo, create OPEN shots for 3pters. Boogie is a great fit if we spend a few bucks on LEGIT 3pt shooters.

Thunder at Pelicans 11/20/17

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Cunningham didn't start! Etwaun Moore did.
    I saw that against the thunder, but I don’t think you can start moore against good SFs that have size like Leonard, Durant, Lebron, etc. I like moore starting, but I would pick Miller over DC in situations where Moore has a difficult matchup and needs more height/length.

Newsflash --- We miss WIDE OPEN 3 pt shots consistently .
    Boogie & AD & NOW Rondo, create OPEN shots for 3pters. Boogie is a great fit if we spend a few bucks on LEGIT 3pt shooters.
    We don't have any money to spend on 3 point shooters though.

I just watched the game. I thought it was dumb to put Moore in the starting line up in this game where they play with two SF's but since we won I guess I was wrong. The refs were horrible. I have some doubts if Cousins really should be ejected but he really has to change his attitude. Maybe once we start winning more games it will change. Very solid game from Rondo and Nelson and I LOVE Tony Allen!! Just like I thought before the season the new OKC experiment might not work especially because of Melo whom I really did not want to become a Pelican despite many here did. I feel sorry for Paul George since he is one of my favourite payers in the NBA and hopefelly he wont resign with them next year.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I didn't see the game but looking at the box score I would like to see Miller get more of Cunningham's minutes. He's just not cut out to play SF.

I saw that against the thunder, but I don’t think you can start moore against good SFs that have size like Leonard, Durant, Lebron, etc. I like moore starting, but I would pick Miller over DC in situations where Moore has a difficult matchup and needs more height/length.

Um the Thunder 2 forwards were George & Melo. Soooo

Um the Thunder 2 forwards were George & Melo. Soooo
    Which combined to score 45 points...i would say a little more defense is needed lol.

Which combined to score 45 points...i would say a little more defense is needed lol.

That's 22 1/2 points per. I'd say that probably close to what they score on everybody. Two big time scorers score 45 between the two of them & that's bad? I don't see it.

Thread Information