Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans at Nuggets 11/17/17

Banned

Pelicans at Nuggets 11/17/17

Tip Off 9:30pm

For Me, this game should be a must win!

Think this game should be a fun one, Rondo's available for up to 24 minutes this game (which is brilliant, him on court made us a ton better) and Tony Allen is back, which is great given our need for some more defensive dedication and IQ in closing minutes.
    Basketball.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Gotta beat tanking teams.
    Gotta beat teams gunning for the bottom playoff seeds.

Anything more is lagniappe.

We should win. Need to beat the altitude also.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Pelicans at Nuggets 11/17/17

I’ll be there tonight, right behind the bench, supporting our favorite team.

The Nuggets aren’t the offensive juggernaut this year that they have been, but if we are not efficient, turn the ball over, or play porous defense the Nuggets will have plenty opportunity to return to their form from last year.

I’m curious to see and hear up close how Gentry responds to some of the things we criticize him about as well as situations. I know I have formed some very strong opinions and it’ll be curious to see just how far off base or accurate I am.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post

The Nuggets aren’t the offensive juggernaut this year that they have been, but if we are not efficient, turn the ball over, or play porous defense the Nuggets will have plenty opportunity to return to their form from last year.

I’m curious to see and hear up close how Gentry responds to some of the things we criticize him about as well as situations. I know I have formed some very strong opinions and it’ll be curious to see just how far off base or accurate I am.

Sent from my iPhone
    Can't wait to hear what you think! I'd love to sit close behind the bench one of these days.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post

Sent from my iPhone
    I'll be watching for your thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

This game starts at 9:30. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This game starts at 9:30. Ugh.
    3:30am my time. Gotta do it for the team

As a side note, I'm watching the Cavs clippers game now and the Clippers have 4 turnovers in the first 2 and a half minutes. Hopefully they use up all the turnovers in the world before we get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    At least it's a weekend. Lol. 6 hours ahead of me, so I'm assuming you live in the UK. I'm always interested in how people end up cheering for the teams they do.

For example, I have a good friend who lives in Norwich who always cheered for Manchester City so I ended up following them.

As a side note, I'm watching the Cavs clippers game now and the Clippers have 4 turnovers in the first 2 and a half minutes. Hopefully they use up all the turnovers in the world before we get to them.
    What does this even mean. Our next game after Denver is v OKC

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    What does this even mean. Our next game after Denver is v OKC
    It was a terrible joke implying there was only a limited number of existant turnovers and that if the Clippers continued at that rate they would empty the well so there would be no turnovers left to draw upon by the time our Denver game started. Not a very good joke, but worse now it's explained.

At least it's a weekend. Lol. 6 hours ahead of me, so I'm assuming you live in the UK. I'm always interested in how people end up cheering for the teams they do.

For example, I have a good friend who lives in Norwich who always cheered for Manchester City so I ended up following them.
    I started watching basketball in 2012 when the Olympics came to London. Anthony Davis was on that team and since he was only coming into the NBA that year I decided to kinda tie our NBA starts together and follow him back to whatever team he would play for. That happened to be our Pels, and I've been supporting ever since.

I started watching basketball in 2012 when the Olympics came to London. Anthony Davis was on that team and since he was only coming into the NBA that year I decided to kinda tie our NBA starts together and follow him back to whatever team he would play for. That happened to be our Pels, and I've been supporting ever since.
    That's kind of what I figured. At least you're following a team that was bad instead of just cheering for a super team. It will making winning even sweeter.

Speaking of those London Olympics, that Mr Bean performance was so good. I still go back and watch the clip on YouTube.

That's kind of what I figured. At least you're following a team that was bad instead of just cheering for a super team. It will making winning even sweeter.

Speaking of those London Olympics, that Mr Bean performance was so good. I still go back and watch the clip on YouTube.
    I feel like those Olympics introduced a lot of people in the UK to basketball, it's not really a sport anyone cares about here.

Honestly, I feel like it's a British thing to cheer for underdogs. We hate success.

PELS

At

Nuggets

Can we beat a team over 500?

How much of a difference will Rondo make?

Can we stop anyone from making 3s?

I finally get to watch a game, again. All six kids in bed. Boom.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I just traded for Rondo in my fantasy league I'm pumped

A good number to tuck into the back of the mind is that the record for assists in a single game is 30.

Major props. I just came back from a two week stay in England and did not watch a single game live. I didn't have the energy and stamina for it. Takes a special kind of commitment.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    A good number to tuck into the back of the mind is that the record for assists in a single game is 30.
    Lol you think Rondo can pass it this year?

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Major props. I just came back from a two week stay in England and did not watch a single game live. I didn't have the energy and stamina for it. Takes a special kind of commitment.
    It's not too bad on weekends, the weekday games take something out of me though, cause I have to leave for work at 6am most days. Sleep or pels games? Obviously pels games.

Let's geauuuuuuuuuuux

inb4 loss

Thread Information