Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans at Nuggets 11/17/17

Play defense Cousins !!
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Trade boogie before he leaves and we get nothing back he don’t want to be here.

Denver Warriors doing it big tonight.
    RIP FlyGirl

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Very uninspired defense

Sorry but that's on the head coach to prepare these "OVERPAID" millionaires for battle. Face it, you could put Michael Jordan and Shaq in their prime on our team and Gentry would
    still screw that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This has NOTHING to do with coaching. Our players giving absolutely zero effort and have missed multiple wide open shots.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Trade boogie before he leaves and we get nothing back he don’t want to be here.
    Feel better?

I'm probably one of the most optimistic people on this board and I'm always looking for the positives, but good god this is the most disgraceful basketball I've seen from any game we've played for a long time. Jesus.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Everything to do with coaching. The offense sucks and the team doesn't listen to the coach. Time to rid us of the cancer.
    You are wrong. Players get wide open shots (coaching) and bricks them (players).

Fellas, Cousins has officially checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm probably one of the most optimistic people on this board and I'm always looking for the positives, but good god this is the most disgraceful basketball I've seen from any game we've played for a long time. Jesus.
    Reminds me of that sorry playoff team that got pounded by almost 50.

Cousins has 7 years of bad habits that he's not going to break in 15 games. Give it time

Cunningham why oh why does gentry continue with him?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Sorry but that's on the head coach to prepare these "OVERPAID" millionaires for battle. Face it, you could put Michael Jordan and Shaq in their prime on our team and Gentry would
    still screw that up.
    Denver is shooting 72% from the field, 62% from 3.

The Pels are shooting 31% and 0% from 3.

Denver has 14 rebounds, we have 3.

None of this is on coaching. The players are getting their teeth kicked in.

If you are not going to play defense then you need to be on bench . I don’t care who you are . Cousins isn’t playing defense , completely leaving his team out to dry

I would kill for Hinkie here.

Speaking of death, did someone die? I just turned the game on and we are down by 50. Who are we, the Suns?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You are wrong. Players get wide open shots (coaching) and bricks them (players).
    Coaching. This team doesn't have the shooters. The idiot still trys to force feed that style to incompetent players that he and Demps asked for and signed.

The team is looking flat but this is more Denver being stellar, tonight. Even against lackluster D a team would normally miss at least 20 to 30% more than the Nuggets have.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

The only thing I'd be willing to pin on Gentry so far is the lack of Miller. No one can hit a shot, no one is playing with grit, and no one is getting in faces on defense. Why not put in red-hot Miller who has been hitting shots and putting in effort on defense? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The only thing I'd be willing to pin on Gentry so far is the lack of Miller. No one can hit a shot, no one is playing with grit, and no one is getting in faces on defense. Why not put in red-hot Miller who has been hitting shots and putting in effort on defense? Who knows.
    The fact that Miller isn't starting yet is ridiculous

Gotta keep going inside with Diallo and AD.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    The fact that Miller isn't starting yet is ridiculous
    It's egregious to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Coaching. This team doesn't have the shooters. The idiot still trys to force feed that style to incompetent players that he and Demps asked for and signed.
    No.

Darius Miller is a beautiful man.

1st qtr recap

Pelicans played like dog manure

got deficit under 20

maybe winning the 2nd qtr by 8-10 points will get them back in the game
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I don't want Gentry here no more than anyone else, but these guys have to know better. Cousins especially. His head isn't in the game. And AD is our best scorer. Going several minutes without him getting any shots is absurd.

Thread Information