Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Record vs over .500 teams

Record vs over .500 teams

2-7, our record vs teams over .500 is 2-7.

Does this concern you?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    2-7, our record vs teams over .500 is 2-7.

Does this concern you?
    Yes. More of rondo we get the less concerned I’ll be. We are so good with rondo out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah,we need to be 500 or better against good teams and continue to beat all the scrubs.

I am hopeful the defense improves as we move forward. It did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Yeah,we need to be 500 or better against good teams and continue to beat all the scrubs.

I am hopeful the defense improves as we move forward. It did last year.
    We need Rondo back. Our defense will probably improve with his IQ on the court

Rondo will certainly help. Moving Moore to the bench makes the bench better as well.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Rondo will certainly help. Moving Moore to the bench makes the bench better as well.
    I reckon he's best suited playing off AD and Cousins in he starting lineup, where he can get open way more and cut to the basket more easily with less attention

Nope.

Davis, Cunningham, and Moore are essentially the only guys on this team who have been playing the same role here long enough to be comfortable with it.

Continuity.

Say it with me. Slowly. Close your eyes and do some mindfulness stuff with it. Maybe see the word in some cool 90s word art like thing. Retro. Coming at your face like a fox on crack.

Continuity.

Very important in the NBA. The more the season goes on, the more of it we have. As long as we stay in a playoff spot we are golden. Because.....we'll keep getting what people?

That's right.

Continuity.

That should be the word of the day tomorrow.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

You guys make an important point, too, in that how many of these over .500 teams that we went 2-7 against were missing two starters that should be back for the playoffs? So yeah. Not time to worry, yet.

But keep it simple and just go with continuity for now.

Boogie, AD, Jrue, and Moore played in all those games we went 2-7 in. If you are eluding to us being down Hill and Rondo i'm not buying it. Those are interchangeable parts. Those two guys aren't winning you any more games than Nelson and DC are.

Boogie, AD, Jrue, and Moore played in all those games we went 2-7 in. If you are eluding to us being down Hill and Rondo i'm not buying it. Those are interchangeable parts. Those two guys aren't winning you any more games than Nelson and DC are.
    Jrue was playing at a Jimmer Fredette level early. Dante shouldn't even have been in the league. Nelson wasn't even on the team until the 2nd week. Allen has been getting in shape/battling nagging injuries.

And no, Jameer Nelson, signed after the team was already 0-2 vs. .500 teams, to suddenly join a new team at midseason, and Dante the Terrible, are not replacement level subs for Rondo and Hill. And even if they were, the mere fact of having them along WITH Rondo and Hill would mean you would get a full 48 min of action out of them, as opposed to 2 shaky guys backed up with total randomness not even fit for the positions.

Rondo / Nelson
    Jrue / Moore
    Hill / Allen

is solid enough, given the frontcourt. But it will be until midseason before this machine is running the way it eventually will. Right now A.D. and Cuz are largely just muscling the team to wins, but there have been signs of life from the supporting cast of late.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 11-17-2017 at 12:15 AM.

Getting a win against Denver will be huge. I think rondo at 32min a game will give us a lot. Sometimes our defense suffers because we don’t have a leader on the floor. Rondo is the leader. Guys play better when he’s out there with them.

Another thought. Our defense has problems partially because of poor communication. Also feel like our guys need to be more rested so they can do that aggressive defense on the perimeter to stop 3s. The other issue is matchup problems. Toronto had ibaka and Derozan and Lowry all hitting 3s. I think we should take a risk and play with a 3 guard lineup at times. We need this for speed and perimeter defense. So something like:

Pg Rondo
    SG Moore
    SF Jrue
    PF AD
    C Cousins

We need to not give opponents a lot of 3 point i

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    More Rondo. Less Moore. AND THEN WE WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by shanetrain93 View Post
    More Rondo. Less Moore. AND THEN WE WIN!
    Less is Moore?

I give this team until Dec 15.
    See who we get for AA, OA and our first.

If we get a guy like Thad Young or Robin Lopez then I think we will have a nice team come the All star break.

Rondo/Nelson/Jackson
    Holiday/Moore/Clark
    Hill/Miller/Allen
    Davis/Young/Cunningham
    Cousins/Diallo

Or

Davis/Cunningham/Diallo
    Cousins/Lopez

My preference is a C.

When Cousins rests Lopez comes in and when AD rests Cousins switches to PF while on the court with Lopez or C.

This way Davis doesn't ever have to bang with the big guy's in the post.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 11-17-2017 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Nope.

Davis, Cunningham, and Moore are essentially the only guys on this team who have been playing the same role here long enough to be comfortable with it.

Continuity.

Say it with me. Slowly. Close your eyes and do some mindfulness stuff with it. Maybe see the word in some cool 90s word art like thing. Retro. Coming at your face like a fox on crack.

Continuity.

Very important in the NBA. The more the season goes on, the more of it we have. As long as we stay in a playoff spot we are golden. Because.....we'll keep getting what people?

That's right.

Continuity.

Very good post! Continuity is what is really needed. Also despite the yesterday’s loss I am optimistic. The first half showed what this team is capable of with a very good point guard and we have one now. What if Hill comes back with improved three point shot and Jrue starts making his threes? We could become a serous contender! I know it’s not guaranteed but it’s definitely not unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Nope.

Continuity.

Continuity.

That's right.

Continuity.

You talk like we'll be the only team benefitting from continuity

Banned
    The Pelicans find themselves looking into the mirror of reality. 10 games against western conference opponents most of them Real Playoff teams. 8 out of the 10 are teams above .500. Two things will happen? Rise and Shine or Fold Up.

We are going to kick ******. Rondo will change everything. He’s sooooo good. Definitely the highest bbiq on the court at all times

I don’t know how anyone can think this if you watched the same first 8 minutes of the Raptors game I did. Or Rondo’s Second 8 minutes. The few minutes with Rondo on the floor the game before. Rondo had this team playing in a way it had not up to this point. Jrue looked like the player the coaches promised he would be off the ball. Cousins was getting into the low block and unlike Jrue and Nelson, Rondo was putting the other players in motion to clear space for Cousins so he wouldn’t get triple teamed. Rondo is like having an ultra high IQ coach on the floor. And I say this as someone that was initially not just skeptical of acquiring Rondo, but basically thought it was a bad idea.

Hill is not great, and given Rondo’s emergence I think it would be an odd fit. As I think Cunningham will be. Frankly a few more solid games and Cunningham’s shooting woes not going away and I think Miller will get the start. The one thing Hill does give you though is he is not a tweener power forward trying to guard threes and that is really in trouble getting switched on twos. They both play solid team defense but man on man Cunningham is just not physically as capable. It’s not so much that Hill is some great talent(frankly if ranked he would likely be near the bottom of the league) it’s more a testament to how bad things get behind Hill due to lack of depth. Though Miller may be on his way to changing that.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 11-17-2017 at 10:55 AM.

This is all selling Nelson short. When he got here he was a God send. He was playing amazing, and people were discussing Rondo fighting him for playing time, and now after a few minuets in his first game back people are just willing to flip on Nelson? I hope Rondo plays at a bear all star level, but I need to see him play a few more games before I am willing to send Nelson off to pasture.

Rondo and Hill aren't impactful enough for me to believe they would have us playing .500 ball vs teams with records better than .500, but then again, I am also not for trading our first because I think the only thing that this needs to secure a 2nd round bounce in the playoffs in continuity.

All-Star
    I’m not actually bothered by that, it mean we are 7-0 cas weak opponents, and we should get more or less 50% of games against under .500 by the end of the season... playoffs spot then !

7-13, hey it looks to be getting better.

Last time I posted this we were .286 vs over .500 teams, now we are .350.

7-13, hey it looks to be getting better.

Last time I posted this we were .286 vs over .500 teams, now we are .350.
    It is an improvement, and you have to remember that we've played 3 times against the Warriors already, so that's skewing the numbers a little.
    Basketball.

Thread Information