Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Record vs over .500 teams

Darn, Pistons couldn't help us out tonight. Looks like Nuggs are going to win. Hopefully Philly can beat Minny

8-13, making progress.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

8-14, .364

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    8-14, .364

Let me show something. Not sure how you have been calculating this, opponent's current record or record at time of the game? But anyway, here is the Nuggets' record against +.500 teams:

3-8 .272

The Pels are 15-15, so I did not count those 3 games in the Denver tally. If you wanted to that would make it 5-9.

In any case, it's not just the percentage that is telling, but look at the number of games. The Pels have played tough teams all year, and unless you are elite, you are going to have a losing record against +.500 teams (you clean up against the bad teams AND go +.500 against the good ones and you are a 60 win team). Meanwhile Denver has been running through patsies. pels have 23 games vs. +.500 opponents. Denver, 11. 14 even if you count the .500 Pels.

Those teams were .500 or better when we played them, so yes, we are 8-14 vs teams with records over .500.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Spin machine is out in Full Force tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8-15.
    The good news is that for the next 4 games that number isn't going to move.

8-15.
    Just to underscore the schedule issue again, logically in an NBA season you should play roughly half of your games vs. +.500 teams and half vs. below .500 teams right?

Well the Pels have somehow managed to play 23 of their first 31 games against +.500 teams. Only 8 against below .500 teams. That's insane. And if things balance out as they normally should, it would mean that in their remaining 51 games the Pels would only have about 18 vs. +.500 teams, and 33 against below .500 teams. If it works out that way, that's how you really start to build momentum in the back half of a season.

9-16

9-2 vs teams with sub .500 records.

OKC, Jazz and Portland should lose today.

We suck, but luckily the teams around us are sucking too.

Who really gives a ******** at this point?
    If this team can only scrape through to the 8th seed, I really hope to God we don't sign Cousins.

I'd rather a team that plays hard and plays team ball, than a team which has two stat padding players in Davis and Cousins.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    10-17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Who really gives a ******** at this point?
    If this team can only scrape through to the 8th seed, I really hope to God we don't sign Cousins.

I'd rather a team that plays hard and plays team ball, than a team which has two stat padding players in Davis and Cousins.
    Some of these complaints are truly odd.

Pelicans are 2nd in the entire NBA in assists, and that is with half of the roster being replacement level players. They often play beautiful "team ball"...on one side of the court. For all the stomping of feet around here, they are also a team not only on pace to make the playoffs, but a team separated by all of 1 1/2 games from the 5th spot.

18-21, were getting better.

18-21, were getting better.
    So 16-14 since this thread was started.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

Thread Information