.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
Results 276 to 300 of 300

Thread: Raptors at Pelicans 11/15/17

  1. #276
    It's like when Rondo went out, the ball stopped moving. If we're going to run the offense through Cousins then he has to get on the block. He's not much of a threat from above the arc when the defense can key in on him. He can still shoot his 3s but he needs to operate from 16ft in, if he's going to put the ball on the ground.

    Also we need longer wings and guards off the bench. That's why teams shoot with so much confidence against us, besides Jrue, Rondo, and Allen, no one is a threat to contesting a jumpshot

  2. #277
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Pelicanidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    It's like when Rondo went out, the ball stopped moving. If we're going to run the offense through Cousins then he has to get on the block. He's not much of a threat from above the arc when the defense can key in on him. He can still shoot his 3s but he needs to operate from 16ft in, if he's going to put the ball on the ground.

    Also we need longer wings and guards off the bench. That's why teams shoot with so much confidence against us, besides Jrue, Rondo, and Allen, no one is a threat to contesting a jumpshot
    Need Hill back, need Rondo back without a minutes restriction, and we need both those things to happen sooner rather than later.

    "Kahwi Leonard will be a Pelican. Please make me a signature." - Silverfoxx

  3. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Need Hill back, need Rondo back without a minutes restriction, and we need both those things to happen sooner rather than later.
    Hill should be back around February I believe. Wish it were December.

  4. #279
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,536

  5. #280
    REAL men play BASS Contributor MSU-Sousaphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lake Charles
    Posts
    990
    Missed the game so maybe I'm talking out of my ***, going off of the comments here. But this is what to expect. Some games we'll be great. Some games we will look unorganized. Boogie came in late last season, Rondo is just getting in, Miller is adjusting to the NBA, Jrue is at a new position, Nelson came in mid-season, Clark is new, Hill is out.....that's a lot and familiarity and comfort are huge in basketball. As long as we maintain a playoff position and keep pushing to get better as a team, we're doing aight.

  6. #281
    I don't really think we looked that bad on offense, even when Rondo went out. The Raptors shot the friggin lights out. C'mon--their starters were 100% from the line, they shot almost 60% from the floor and almost 50% from behind the arc. That's going to be hard to beat. And it wasn't all open looks either. They did the same thing to Houston last night. Where were the "tired legs?!"

  7. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    I don't really think we looked that bad on offense, even when Rondo went out. The Raptors shot the friggin lights out. C'mon--their starters were 100% from the line, they shot almost 60% from the floor and almost 50% from behind the arc. That's going to be hard to beat. And it wasn't all open looks either. They did the same thing to Houston last night. Where were the "tired legs?!"
    Yeah, another night of scoring 116pts on 50%+ shooting. The offense just felt uglier because the Raptors have done a great job making things hard for the towers in both matchups, and the whistles were not at all in their favor. Something like 4 or 5 offensive fouls between them?. But in the end, the Pels have used that to create a lot of open looks for the rest of the guys, which is the way it's supposed to work.

    But it was the other side where the Pels got truly scorched. All the Pels had to do was "hold" this team to a mere 110, and they win the game. Didn't come close.

  8. #283
    Disappointing loss.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #284
    Things to like in this game:
    -rondo looks good
    -diallo may deserve more minutes
    -jrue continues to look strong around the basket

    Things not to like:
    -still can't consistently defend on perimeter
    -still struggle with turnovers
    -jrue still can't hit water from a boat with his jump shot

  10. #285
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,536
    Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Things to like in this game:
    -rondo looks good
    -diallo may deserve more minutes
    -jrue continues to look strong around the basket

    Things not to like:
    -still can't consistently defend on perimeter
    -still struggle with turnovers
    -jrue still can't hit water from a boat with his jump shot
    + Jrue 0 turnovers

    - Boogie more turnovers than fouls again

  11. #286
    Hall of Famer Creative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    580
    We have looooooooong way to go. I'm hoping that 4 game losing streak is not coming.... #crossmyfingersforthat

  12. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Selma Alabama
    Posts
    542
    Pelicans just can't win against teams above .500 period.
    But its much better than ever before for this ball club at least for now.
    Should be on target for 10-12 wins at the 21 game mark end of November.

  13. #288
    Holiday Season > Dame Time Rel11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Western Conference Semis
    Posts
    800
    I just keep having to remind myself they we’re better than previous seasons.
    RIP FlyGirl

    "The New Orleans Pelicans will have a seed in the 2017-2018 playoffs." - Me on 10/23/17 at 2:38pm

  14. #289
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,536
    When Rondo is on the floor we move the ball amazingly well

    So yeah he's gonna make a BIG difference when he plays normal minutes

  15. #290
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    26,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    I just keep having to remind myself they we’re better than previous seasons.
    Even I am like this. But it's because I knew we'd be better than last year. I just thought we'd be better than we are right now.

    In a month, I wonder if something might actually happen this season. Every year we know we can't trade recently acquired guys until December...but never really do.

  16. #291
    Some nights another team just goes off. The Raptors shot 59% from the field, 47% from 3pt. It would have required the Pels to play a near perfect game to keep up with that shooting and unfortunately, we aren't close to a perfect team.

    It was a hard game to watch but there was still some encouraging things to see. The Denver game will be an interesting one to watch and our bigs should be rested for it.

  17. #292
    Rookie DOMINION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    114
    AD is to good to only take 15 shots. He needs 18-22 shots per game and when he does we win. Boogie needs around the same.

  18. #293
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    jacksonville,fl/new orleans
    Posts
    1,697
    its hard to win when the raptors are shooting like GS or better.....

    i dont know if miller should be in the starting lineup now because i dont want him to mess up his rhythm coming off the bench but i think i want him to start against OKC...maybe its time to see rondo,,jrue,,miller,,AD,,cousins as the starting lineup and see how they flow....time to turn the new orleans wildcats loose lol.....

  19. #294
    Raptors were just on fire last night and could not miss anything no matter what. Raptors are a really good team so not mad about the loss. I am excited to see Rondo play. We looked like at for sure playoff contender with him on the floor with the ability to share the ball against starters. We looks like a scrappy 7th to 10th seed without him against a playoff contender.

  20. #295
    The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Missed the game so maybe I'm talking out of my ***, going off of the comments here. But this is what to expect. Some games we'll be great. Some games we will look unorganized. Boogie came in late last season, Rondo is just getting in, Miller is adjusting to the NBA, Jrue is at a new position, Nelson came in mid-season, Clark is new, Hill is out.....that's a lot and familiarity and comfort are huge in basketball. As long as we maintain a playoff position and keep pushing to get better as a team, we're doing aight.
    I saw the game. You sum up our situation well. This team will be tough to handle soon, so we just need to continue being patient.

  21. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    When Rondo is on the floor we move the ball amazingly well

    So yeah he's gonna make a BIG difference when he plays normal minutes
    Yep. When we have Rondo at full strength, we look like a legit playoff team. He just has the ability to control the game unlike any other player on this roster besides Nelson. Boogie is way to careless with the ball to be primary ball handler. Also, he needs to act like he wants to guard someone from time to time.

  22. #297
    Rondo will help but man...the defense is pretty bad. Bad communications on the switch off. Cousins sometimes not getting back on the transition. I feel like this is where we miss Solomon. He was the leader on defense and now lack continuity without him.

  23. #298
    I think the raptors will go far this year. They look like they could beat anyone in the east. They have a very good roster and itís obvious they have good coaching. I will root for them to win in playoffs.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #299
    If we can stay over .500 and get Hill and Jackson back I will very optimistic.

    Hill really will help because his defense can be suffocating and heís good at guarding all kinds of players. He can be a decent 3 point shooter and should get open shots with rondo and Jrue out there with him. We need him for playoff push and in the playoffs he will make a difference.

    Starters:
    Rondo, Jrue, Hill, AD, Cousins

    Reserves: Nelson, Miller, Moore, Cunningham, Diallo, Clark, Allen.

    I really donít think we get enough from SF. Miller should get more minutes and have Cunningham and Diallo get more minutes as backup 4 and 5.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #300
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,807
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    If we can stay over .500 and get Hill and Jackson back I will very optimistic.

    Hill really will help because his defense can be suffocating and he’s good at guarding all kinds of players. He can be a decent 3 point shooter and should get open shots with rondo and Jrue out there with him. We need him for playoff push and in the playoffs he will make a difference.

    Starters:
    Rondo, Jrue, Hill, AD, Cousins

    Reserves: Nelson, Miller, Moore, Cunningham, Diallo, Clark, Allen.

    I really don’t think we get enough from SF. Miller should get more minutes and have Cunningham and Diallo get more minutes as backup 4 and 5.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We need a big (C) like yesterday.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •