Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Hawks at Pelicans 11/13/17

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    We needed a miraculous game from Darius Miller to beat the worst team in the NBA on the second night of a back to back at home. Good times.
    Atlanta's been competing with everybody

But it's the same problems with us, not getting out to shooters, way too many turnovers etc

And I'm not sure about 'miraculous', he's just living up to his shooter reputation now

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Glad that miller the only guy who showed up with any energy is getting interviewed

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Moore had 24, tied career best

I do this every game I watch, so here goes:

AD and Boogie: 35/26/14
    Rest of team: 71/12/16.
    Basketball.

Not only was Miller shooting great but his defense was very impressive. Time to make the switch Gent

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Moore had 24, tied career best
    Not talking about points talking about energy

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I do this every game I watch, so here goes:

AD and Boogie: 35/26/14
    Rest of team: 71/12/16.
    This is pretty impressive. I'm playing AD this week in fantasy, so I can't say I'm mad he took it slow offensively this game and we still got the W.

Edit: and he still put up 49.5 fantasy points sigh

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Not only was Miller shooting great but his defense was very impressive. Time to make the switch Gent
    Yeah probably gonna keep him on the bench for scoring

If miller takes all the wide open 3s Cunningham takes we will be good going forward Rondo will find him

Not talking about points talking about energy

oh, I thought Miller and Moore were absolutely the reasons we didn't embarrass ourselves against Atlanta

Cousins' decisionmaking the last couple of games = just off.

So...bad win, but still a W that counts the same at the end of the year when the playoff race is on.

Hey everybody, we are 2 games over .500

Yeah probably gonna keep him on the bench for scoring

That's Moore. When Rondo returns to starting lineup

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Atlanta's been competing with everybody

But it's the same problems with us, not getting out to shooters, way too many turnovers etc

And I'm not sure about 'miraculous', he's just living up to his shooter reputation now
    They were 2-12, now 2-13. And they played under the aforementioned circumstances. This game shouldn't have been close, plain and simple.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

We needed a miraculous game from Darius Miller to beat the worst team in the NBA on the second night of a back to back at home. Good times.
    Despite their record, the Hawks have been playing hard for Budenholzer. This was never going to be an easy out. The Pels have to get better at closing out on wide open shooters. Hopefully they can clean this up in time for the Raptors game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Hey everybody, we are 2 games over .500
    Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Despite their record, the Hawks have been playing hard for Budenholzer. This was never going to be an easy out. The Pels have to get better at closing out on wide open shooters. Hopefully they can clean this up in time for the Raptors game.
    This would have been an easy out for a good team. We weren't a good team tonight. Too many turnovers and pathetic closeouts on their perimeter shooters. We needed every single one of Miller's 3s in the 4th to pull out this win.

This would have been an easy out for a good team. We weren't a good team tonight. Too many turnovers and pathetic closeouts on their perimeter shooters. We needed every single one of Miller's 3s in the 4th to pull out this win.
    True. Every team will play 4 bigs and a guard against us.

Darius Miller the first 9 games: 1.6ppg, 0.2apg, 0.6rpg, on 26% from 3.

Darius Miller the last five games: 11.5ppg, 0.6apg, 1.4rpg, on 54% from 3.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    *big sigh* and the W.

Apologies if my negativity rolled a few eyes. Will try to do better in the Raptors thread, hopefully the Pelicans will make it easier on all of us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I've been low key impressed with his D all season

And see, you pull out the bad win, and now you pass Memphis for the #6 spot in the standings. And depending on the result of Denver/Portland you either catch the Nuggets, or put a little distance between yourselves and the Blazers. Wolves are going to win though, so they'll stay ahead, albeit while further burything the Jazz.

Bad win, but still a good night for the Pels.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I'd like to win a game that doesn't make my heart go into arrhythmia every night. Is that so much to ask. The boys better get a hold of themselves. Stop keeping the other teams in the game.

HOU 11-3
    GSW 10-3
    DEN 8-5 (in progress vs. POR)
    SAS 8-5
    MIN 7-5 (in progress, will be 8-5)
    NOP 8-6
    MEM 7-6
    POR 6-6 (in progress vs. DEN)
    -------------
    UTH 6-7 (in progress, will be 6-8)
    OKC 6-7
    LAC 5-7 (game later)

it's really not too bad a place to be in
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 11-13-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I'd like to win a game that doesn't make my heart go into arrhythmia every night. Is that so much to ask. The boys better get a hold of themselves. Stop keeping the other teams in the game.
    I just told my friend that can we get just one Fricken blow out win please lol

I've always rooted for DMill as he can pass and shoot when he is in the mood. If he can stay motivated and build on his last few games, he can be a steal for us. Also, never been Moore's biggest fan, but he always seems to have a decent game when he makes cuts to the basket.

Thread Information