Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Clippers at Pelicans 11/11/17

Couldn't catch this game tonight, not happy I missed it. Always want to see the games but double that if it's a win. Glad we got it, disappointed in Jrue dropping off after last game but pleased Boogie came back a little although the turnovers are still ridiculous. Just pleased we won
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    How much of a difference will Rondo make when he comes back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We will have less than 20 turnovers a game!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were in 7th place in the conference. Would have been in 4th had they beat Minnesota.

Hope that pisses off that loser who does random drive bys over here now.

Pelicans and Indiana have played the most road games in the league to now. One of three teams in the conference with an above .500 record on the road now too. Always a good sign.
    Last edited by luckyman; 11-12-2017 at 01:24 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    This was an incredibly sloppy game. Great that we got the win, but man, this should've been a blowout in our favor. We kept the Clippers in this game until the end. We have to stop being so casual with the basketball.

What is the deal with that many tournovers ? I'm happy for the win, but Man this is not funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    What is the deal with that many tournovers ? I'm happy for the win, but Man this is not funny...
    It was 15 from Jrue and Boogie alone. The rest of the team is actually taking care of the ball reasonably. This is Boogies second straight game with 8 turnovers, I think he just needs to focus and not try to do too much.

I love Boogie but he gotta understand that he’s not the PG and that a C shouldn’t be averaging 6 TO’s a game. Holiday is just Holiday. I expect it from him.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    New system and the best PG still hasn't made his debut contribute.

There were a lot of miscommunication and asleep TOs this time though, some of them of the really fugly variety. Guys not looking for the ball, guys throwing the ball to guys not looking, guys falling down, guys not catching it. You would hope a lot of that will resolve as the system becomes second nature. And BTW, the system looks like it could be great. You can very much see Finch's Denver system in all of the cuts and backcutting, and that's a great way to try to make up for 1/2 of the roster being straight replacement level scrub. It's like the old Princeton, get guys moving and cutting and take the talent gap out of the equation. But any such system is going to take a while before guys have the plays memorized and the passes become second nature.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Diallo will be our SF in the future
    I agree that Diallo can be developed into a small forward with his athleticism. He just needs to develop a 3 point shot.

I do think we're seeing the start of something great.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Despite the turnovers we had the game under full control. DC just manhandled Jordan. Moore had a very solid game. I am very happy to see Diallo contributing on the floor. Miller has looked better recently as well. Hopefully Clark can overcome his struggles. It looks like they are still trying to learn each other. I am very optimistic. If Jrue can slowly get more consistent we get very dangerous not to mention with healthy Hill and Rondo. And the Saints are up 37 to 3 right now

Rondo cuts turnovers. Guys, we have a good team and if diallo can put in meaningful min we will be scary.

Fun team with even more upside

Gobert out for 4-6 weeks thats a good news for the pels ! The jazz are not gonna win a lot of games without him

I mean does it suck completely but when you're trying to be a great passing team it does happen

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by French Pelican View Post
    Gobert out for 4-6 weeks thats a good news for the pels ! The jazz are not gonna win a lot of games without him
    That sucks for me. I'm going to see them play the Bulls in a couple of weeks. Fortunately, the Bulls aren't very good.

Thread Information