Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans at Raptors 11/9/17

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He was fine this game. 11 points on 100% shooting including 3 3s, and no turnovers. He wasn't amazing but any means but he's not been bad enough to draw attention.
    There's a reason we started playing better with him out of the game

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    is ian clark hurt?.....dude didnt see the court...

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Why didn't Clark play?
    Dog house?

The Franchise
    Nice game, I agree boogie needs to go down low more often. Also needs to realize when his 3 isn't on quit taking them. I think another big will help so them big guys get a little more rest.

Basketball Guru
    Why didn't Clark play?
    lol...im asking if he is hurt ....

10 3pt attempts from DC is just lazy
    No, it's the offense.

And actually the trouble in the first half came when he knew his shot was off, kept pulling it down, driving inside, and turning it over.

The sets have him out at that line so much it's too far. Should be some counter sets with him down near the block that you can go to when the jumper is off. But they only ran like 2 of those the whole second half.

In any case though, the team scored 118pts. The game was lost at the other side of the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    lol...im asking if he is hurt ....
    Not that I know of, he's just sucked recently.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    No, it's the offense.

And actually the trouble in the first half came when he knew his shot was off, kept pulling it down, driving inside, and turning it over.

The sets have him out at that line so much it's too far. Should be some counter sets with him down near the block that you can go to when the jumper is off. But they only ran like 2 of those the whole second half.

In any case though, the team scored 118pts. The game was lost at the other side of the floor.
    Exactly. And I'm not sure the defense has shown much signs of improvement 12 games into the season. That's a concern

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Nice game, I agree boogie needs to go down low more often. Also needs to realize when his 3 isn't on quit taking them. I think another big will help so them big guys get a little more rest.
    Boogie has completely forgotten that he can shoot 10-15 footers. It's 3 or total drive. Shoot the darn mid range shot.

Basketball Guru

could be a reason why jrue was aggressive tonight..maybe he knew clark was not playing......i guess next game will tell...

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Boogie has completely forgotten that he can shoot 10-15 footers. It's 3 or total drive. Shoot the darn mid range shot.

i guess yall didnt hear gentry tell boogie dont settle in a recent game and shoot the 3 lol....

The Franchise
    I saw better flow with the offense but I agree, Davis and Cousin have nice shots at the elbow. Just because it's not efficient doesn't mean we should never do it.

I'd say that's a coaching directive. Pretty much every Pel is turning down midrange to get it to a three point shooter. Except Jrue who was hitting today

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I'd say that's a coaching directive. Pretty much every Pel is turning down midrange to get it to a three point shooter. Except Jrue who was hitting today
    this is the "new NBA". Run by scrawny little geeks with pocket protectors and modeled on the wonderful trash they call basketball in Houston. Every singel shot has to be a three or at the rim or it's "inefficient". And unfortunately that sort of thinking is going to prevail until the owners man up (or woman up as the case may be) and do something to limit the power of the 3pt line. It's killing large chunks of the game.

Nice to see Rondo suited up. Extremely important for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    this is the "new NBA". Run by scrawny little geeks with pocket protectors and modeled on the wonderful trash they call basketball in Houston. Every singel shot has to be a three or at the rim or it's "inefficient". And unfortunately that sort of thinking is going to prevail until the owners man up (or woman up as the case may be) and do something to limit the power of the 3pt line. It's killing large chunks of the game.
    Couldn't agree more. Players that still champion the midrange still exist (Derozan, Kawhi) but they're increasingly rare and usually get looked at more like an offensive novelty than a sign of viable offensive strategy. It's very strange. Obviously threes and layups are best if you can get them, but a midrange 2 is better than nothing at all so if you can get one off, do it.

I had such a hard time paying attention to the game. This team just isn't fun to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I think he and AD were running on fumes
    Yeah I think so but we had Holiday sighting this game. He finally realized he's getting paid to play basketball today. I'm not sure when the next time that will be but the team played well. 3-1 on the road trip aint bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Blood View Post
    I was glad to see that, even though I knew he wouldn't be playing.
    RIP FlyGirl

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    We need to stop these moments where we completely play reckless. It's so frustrating. We get momentum, and then we let them get back in the game by taking horrible shots, driving the ball into traffic and passing the ball across the court, which in turn causes turnovers. ENOUGH OF IT. It's the reason why we lost this game.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    We need to stop these moments where we completely play reckless. It's so frustrating. We get momentum, and then we let them get back in the game by taking horrible shots, driving the ball into traffic and passing the ball across the court, which in turn causes turnovers. ENOUGH OF IT. It's the reason why we lost this game.
    This is something Rondo will stop.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    This is something Rondo will stop.
    One can only hope.

Banned
    COACHING

I think coach benched Miller too for a game or two. Lit a fire....hope Clark responds the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Blood View Post
    Yeah my relistic ideal scenario was that we go 500 or above before Rondo gets back early in the season. Rondo coming back will give us a decent bench with Nelson, Moore, and Miller. We still need a big off the bench tho. I wonder what Terrence Jones is doing lately.

Thread Information